General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Talking My first homecoming!!!!!!!!!

So I've been a Navy wife for 3 1/2 years..and I was a Navy girlfriend for a year before that. I've never been to a single one of dh's homecomings, lol. He usually comes home early, or I wait at home for him..or I wait somewhere off base. Well..this time, I FINALLY get to see the ship pull in!!!!!!! I'm soooooo excited!!! So of course..this good news not only means I get to go to a homecoming..but I also get to buy a new outfit!!! YAY!!! LoL!!! All my clothes are too big now. So its an added plus that I can buy something smaller now. Yay!! I'm still gonna buy something from Torrid though, I just love that store. But I have to do it online. The actual store is too far away. So ya..I have 3 reasons to be happy now!!! Dh coming home, my first offical homecoming, and a new outfit!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #2  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

I am SO pleased for you!! I know this excitement and NOTHING beats it I am a British forces wife and hubby is away at the moment, due home at some point in July so not long now! yay!!

Your hubby is going to be knocked out to see you, you have lots to look forward to, including showing off the new you!!

Have fun
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

Well..to be honest, he wasnt deployed or anything. Just gone on a workup. But still..I've never seen the ship pull into home port before. I'm very excited. This will probably be my last homecoming for awhile too. Dh goes to shore duty in Aug. I'm going to take lots of pics!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I remember those days Have fun!!!

He is a former Marine and used to go on exercises on the ships.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Francie~I am so happy for you!!!! I don't know how all the military wives do this...DH had to be gone for 2 weeks once, and I almost went nuts! I bet your Dh will be amazed at how much you have lost! Enjoy the new outfit!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #6  

Yay! I'm so happy for you! Homecomings are awesome. I'm glad you get to experience one. I just bought a new homecoming dress too. Although for us submarine wives our homecoming usually takes place at the bowling alley on base. We're not allowed on lower base because of the nuclear weapons and all. haha Anyway, I feel your excitement! Your husband is going to be so excited to see you looking hot! Enjoy your time together!
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #7  
No description available.

My dh was in the Navy on a submarine and we survived 2 WestPacs (6 month deployments). I know how excited you are!

Krista, we used to be able to go onto the pier for the homecoming. Times have changed since then, though.

I'll bet all of you military wives have email communication with your sailor or soldier these days! Boy, I feel old (I'm not---but times have changed a lot in 15 years).
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #8  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Francie.... !!
I'm so excited for you.... I'm sure whatever you put on will look great...
I thank you for supporting him and I thank him for protecting us...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post

I'll bet all of you military wives have email communication with your sailor or soldier these days! Boy, I feel old (I'm not---but times have changed a lot in 15 years).
I think I would die without email, lol. We email each other several times a day. I always hate it when the computers are done and he cant email me. Same goes with phone calls. He has a phone card for the ship and calls me every day. I really love that. When I went through my first deployment..we didnt know much about what was going on (he was still new to the ship), so he'd only email me and call me from different ports. The 2nd deployment was a little better because he got to call a lot.

I do miss letter writing though. We haven't written each other a letter since he was in boot camp.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #10  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
I have a little 'funny' to tell there at the expense of my poor hubby! LOL

A couple of years ago, just before another deployment to Iraq, I set him up with an email account. My hubby hates everything about computers..he struggles to find the ON switch bless him! So I spent ages with him, showing him how to send an email and all that jazz..where my email addy was stored under the address book as well as family and friends and stuff...

Anyway a couple of months into the tour, he called and he mentioned on the phone about me not answering his emails...
I was like. "But honey I have not got any, I assumed you decided not to bother with them..lol"

He was adamant he had been sending them, and had been checking at least every other day for a reply...awwwww

So I asked him, what address have you been sending them to? He was like "our address stupid..." LOL! I asked him to repeat the address to me he was using.....

He started reeling off our street address!!

I think he thought once he pressed send, they somehow magically zipped across the world, through my letterbox and into my pc!!

Awww love my soldier! LOL
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

That is so cute!!!