South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/tracker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Where To Start?

I went to the doctors yesterday and found out I am insulin resistant. She recommended I do the SBD. I have no idea even where to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions? I brought a boiled egg and string cheese for breakfast and almonds and more string cheese for a snack. I did make the phase 1 ketchup last night and put cola chicken in the crock pot when I left today. I am going to go to the store to get some veggies. I am just not sure where to start with this whole thing and what exactly I am supposed to be eating in a day. There is so much info on here about SB I am a little overwhelmed. Help!
AmbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First of all, read the book - even if it's the old version. Then check out the Stickies in the FAQ Section. It's very important to realize that this is not a low carb or a low cal plan but a lifestyle change.

It's very important to try for 4½ cups of veggies per day - good veggies, not just lettuce. You should also be sure to have the dairy allowance and legumes every day.

What you've cooked/bought so far is a start but do some research and plan menus.

Check out and join the Phase I chickie thread for more help and support.

This will work controlling your blood sugar problems. It does for me!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #3  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the beach! Read the book, ask a lot of questions, but be specific. Eat as many veggies as you can. Drink lots of water. And be sure to get two servings of dairy and some beans into your diet every day. You will most likely experience some sort of "flu" the first few days. That's just your body detoxing from all the sugar, but after that things will feel much better.
Congrats on making a healthy lifestyle change. Welcome to the beach!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ambie! Besides reading the book, the key to success on this diet is to plan out your meals ahead and be prepared. Check out our FAQ section for a lot of valuable information, hints and ideas. Our recipe section has some wonderful recipes to keep you supplied with yummy meals to look forward to, too. And don't forget to join us in the daily chat. We look forward to getting to meet you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote