Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #1  

Question Wii Fit

Are there any threads out there for the Wii Fit?? I recently bought one and was curious if anyone on here has been using it?? I tried to search threads but "Wii Fit" is too short of a search string....

Anyone interested in a challenge with it??
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/184/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

I have not seen any threads for the Wii Fit either. I just got one 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!! It is the best investment in exercise equipment that I have ever made! It makes exercise fun. I even like the running which I typically hate normally. How do you like yours so far?
beccababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

There is a recent thread (started yesterday) in the WW Flex section.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #4  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzrdus7 View Post
Are there any threads out there for the Wii Fit?? I recently bought one and was curious if anyone on here has been using it?? I tried to search threads but "Wii Fit" is too short of a search string....

Here are a couple of recent Wii Fit threads:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141636
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142600

I know there was another one that appears to have gone "poof" in the server crash from earlier this month, but maybe you can find some folks who will do the challenge with you on those two threads.

Me? I gotta save up to buy a Wii and *then* get a Wii Fit and THEN I can join y'all.

Have fun!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #5  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Oops. One more.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143455

full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #6  

I LOVE my Wii Fit so far.....I hate running normally, but find myself doing the longer runs like the Island Lap. It was 10-12 mins of running in place but it was nice!

I also like the step programs, but wish they were a little more challenging. I find myself working out for 60 mins without even realizing it. My goal is for 45 mins or so of cardio a day and this seems to be able to accomplish it and be fun!

I'll check out those other threads and maybe try to start a challenge.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #7  

I checked out the other threads....I don't see any challenges out there. I will start a new thread for a challenge in this group. I think that will help me to stay motivated even more. I love the machine, but I need to be accountable!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #8  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I would love to get one! I can't find a Wii...much less a Wii Fit. One website had a Wii with a Wii Fit package...but of course it was sold out. That would have been perfect...Did some one move Christmas to July?
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #9  

As soon as I heard about Wii Fit I went to Target.com and they had a bundle for about $475. I bought it immediately (before I could think about the expense and discuss with DH). I went back on there about an hour later and they were sold out. I guess I got lucky!! Walmart had several Wii Fits in stock but no Wii's. Apparently, the supply hasn't caught up to the demand even though we're 6 months after Christmas. I love it though and it was worth the $$$. I break a sweat even playing the normal sports games that came with it!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/207/165

Height: 5' 3"

Keep checking Target for the Wii. I happened to be in there a month or so ago and they had them right there. I was talking to a guy in the game department and he confirmed that yes those were Wii's in stock.

If that doesn't work for you Gamestop has bundles that you can order. You won't get it for like a month but you will get one. That's what I did.

Enjoy!
msroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #11  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

We got ours at Target, check with the guys in the video department and find out what days they get their shipments in out and that will tell you when to check. Our guy said they usually get in 2-4 every 3 weeks or so.

We just happened to be in the target south of us and they had 3. I had to ask too if those were actual Wiis, because I was so suprised to see any there, I thought they must be something else

When you go get one if it is not a bundle, you will want to get at least 1 extra controller, we purchased the WiiPlay game that comes with a controller, the game cost $50 and a controller was $40, so it was like getting a bunch of mini game for $10.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

I was shopping yesterday in Target and overheard someone's conversation...I went to electronics and finally got the Wii console...i've wanted one since last Xmas too.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzrdus7 View Post

You know, I tried the same search with the exact same results, and even though there are other threads, it seems like this is would be the logical forum for a Wii Fit thread since the topic of the forum is "Exercise!" So...

I've been playing Wii Fit for a week now, and I love it. My WW group has a little fitness challenge going on, and it's a great way for me to not only exercise but also to keep tabs on how much I'm putting in. It's definitely not for fitness enthusiasts (people who're in super shape already), but it's a great starting place for those of us who hate to exercise.

What kind of challenge are you looking at, hzrdus7?
havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #14  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello all! I have a Wii and am wanting a Wii Fit. I found some on Criag's List, though I haven't taken the plunge yet. I'm gonna watch those threads... perhaps we can get something rolling. I am trying to do the step diet (treadmill took a dump), so the Wii Fit would help I bet.

I'm glad to hear that you love it!
sassybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 159/158/120

Height: 5'0"

I am desperatly trying to find a Wii Fit. I've heard great things about them from other people that have them.
juliaw04 is offline   Reply With Quote