Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/206/154

Height: 5'8

Default Beginning induction again!

Hi everyone, I am new here. While pregnant I put on half my body weight and 10 months after giving birth it still hasn't come off so I figure drastic action is needed! I have had success with Atkins in the past and so am going to give it a go again. I lost 8 pounds in the first week but then fell off the wagon yesterday and scoffed loads of chocolate. That's why I am here. I need support to do this and somewhere to go when I feel like binging. I really want to get my weight under control and start feeling good about myself. So here goes... am climbing back onto that wagon!

Aquasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Starting all over again is hard, but necessary. You go for it. You can do this, and hopefully the chocolate binge won't cause too much of a trip in the wrong direction. Just remember to stay off the scale for a few days.

I need to get back on track too. I've been having a few bad days. Tomorrow I'll join you and we can start again together.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/206/154

Height: 5'8

Hi Sherry, thanks for the response. Yes, I must stay off the scales or I will get depressed and want to binge more. I always seem to do this. I was feeling good and then I just seem to sabotage myself for no reason. I need to stop this. Hopefully the support here will help! let's get back on that wagon together, yeehah! How much weight do you want to lose?
Aquasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Dear Aquasea:
I have just finished my first week of Induction, and while it is hard, I am amazed at how much less cravy I am from being off the sugar. I am thinking that its the key here -- that what Atkins does is purge us of the sugar and everything follows from that. Sugar is poison is my new mantra -- ALmost like you, I lost 7 pounds the first week, but it i firing me up to go for a second week. I am trying not to think about the long haul, but take it day by day. I have found the support here FABULOUS. So stick with it. Ruby J
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Aquasea. Congrats on the babay. Since you've done Atkins before, you know the deal. But you may need a refresher course. Review the Atkins Induction Basics as posted by JerseyGyrl. If you have the book, read the book again.

Take some time to think about why you ate off plan. I don't know how long ago you had your baby but if it was within the past year, you might want to consider that as part of the reason. You have to give your body time, and you mind even more time, to adjust to no longer receiving a constant flow of sugar. The closer you stay to plan with the eating, the sooner your body will adjust to being without sugar.

Good luck. We are here for you.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #6  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Welcome aboard - and congratulations on your baby!

Induction can be stressful - have you had the chance to purge your kitchen of unhelpful foods, and to plan your meals/prepare snacks/think about times when you're going to feel particularly tempted to go off plan? Being mindful and prepared is a big part of this, I think, and if you've got a young baby in your life right now then that's taking a huge amount of your attention - small wonder if you've veered off plan! But YOU deserve the cherishing and the attention too, so make sure to set aside some time for yourself to really plan how you're going to make the changes you need. Good luck!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #7  
Sabrina

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/130

Height: 5'5

I am going to go on induction starting tomorrow as well. I tried it today but once passing the cookies in the cookie jar on the counter, i could not resist it. But i am determined to do better. Pray for me that i do better. I am tired of eating sweets.
considerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #8  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

I started today and with little ones in the house, it can be rather difficult and tempting! However, it will be well worth it and I know it! You just have to train yourself and remember why you're doing it!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote