South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'7"

Default What are your SB "sanity saver" foods/snacks?

I thought it would be neat to get some ideas from others here about what foods/snacks save your sanity when it comes to cravings for the "old stuff".

Hope this is okay

For me, SF jello for fruit cravings, and turkey pepperoni chips for (you guessed it) chip cravings.

For chocolate cravings, I did make the frozen peanut butter cup desserts, and it helped a ton with the whole PMS thing. Just have to not eat the whole batch in one sitting

Luckily we don't have to go without cheese, that would have made me

Last edited by Auralei; 06-23-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: because SJ jello makes no sense whatsoever ;)
Auralei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Turkey pepperoni chips? Do you just bake turkey pepperoni slices?

I had been eating a lot of string cheese, but I got sick of the mozzarella, so now I buy Sargento Colby Jack reduced fat cheese sticks.

I love no-sugar-added fudgesicles and popsicles (preferably the orange and yellow tropical flavors!). I bought a multi-pack with no-sugar-added creamsicles this week, though, and was very disappointed in the texture of the "cream."

I'm in love with the 100-calorie packs of almonds from Blue Diamond. These don't really "replace" anything, but, for some reason, if I portion nuts out myself into little baggies, I will eat multiple baggies, but if I grab a 100-calorie pack of them, I can stop at just one. Yeah, I'm sure that's all just in my head

I recently discovered a recipe for a pizza crust that uses NO flour, but cauliflower. I'm excited to try that when I have time.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Either sf jello or sf drink mix with yogurt for fruit cravings (which I'm so glad I can eat fruit during my pregnancy or I would go nuts).

Chocolate cravings always got better when I had the peanut butter cup dessert - but I really only had chocolate cravings during TOM.

Salty food cravings...hrm...probably the best thing for me was the roasted chick peas with smoky/salty seasonings. mmmm. I still eat them all the time.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #4  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

My sanity/saver is the warm brownie recipe - Peanutbutter / cocoa powder/ splenda and dry milk... Without this - I would be lost!

The indiv 2% Sharp Cheddar sticks I love - they are a great way to tie me over... The string cheese sticks do nothing for me...
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Jilly, the pepperoni chips are so easy, lay them on a paper towel (on a plate), nuke for about 45 sec, 1 minute max (in my microwave). Let them cool a couple of minutes. They get crispy like chips
Auralei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

For chip/snack cravings - Sesmark Rice Thins must be Brown Rice variety. They are salty and chip=like. Very satisfying if you like that sort of thing (and I do!)

Gnu flavor & fiber bars - I love the banana walnut and brownie best. Also good if you just happen to need a little extra fiber (on SBD?!)

Suzie's Whole Grain thin cakes with either garlic herb tofutti or a lite cream cheese
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #7  

Default snacks

Fred Meyer frozen fruit bars, strawberry 80 calories 0 fat. there are other brands but personally those are the best. I eat one almost every night!
wineandthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #8  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I used to hate it as a kid, but now I love celery with peanut butter. Trader Joe's makes packs of it, similar to handi-snacks cheese and crakers but instead its celery and peanut butter.

BlueBunny SF fudgesicles. 35 calories. mmmmm.

SF Jello, especially peach.

Nuts, especially almonds, when I'm craving something crunchy.

I can't wait to make and try the roasted chickpeas and sweet pecans.

And once I get to Phase II - Jello SF Dark Chcolate Pudding. I can't wait!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-23-2008 at 04:37 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

I really need to make those roasted chickpeas sometime, I keep forgetting to do it--they sound awesome. Another great salty snack that most of my family loves is oven-baked sweet potato "fries" (tossed in bit of olive oil, chili powder, and salt). I also really enjoy a couple of garlic-stuffed olives with my tuna or whatever else I'm eating--SUPER salty, but so tasty.

Sometimes when I want something sweet, I just have a square or two of dark chocolate. For extra decadence, I warm up some peanut butter and mix the chocolate in, then eat it off a spoon. Other times I will make my own sugar-free cookies or muffins or brownies. I'm not really a fan of the vast majority of processed sugarfree foods. Jello, especially, just gives me the heebie-jeebies...I'd much rather make my own SF chocolate pudding or vanilla custard or something.

I don't tend to really get fruit cravings, but it seems I do have to limit myself to 2 fruit servings per day--I generally do 1 berry and 1 citrus. Sometimes I nibble on a little bit of dried fruit--dates or apricots are my favorite. If I want to bake something with fruit, I'll make a sugarfree, whole-grain cobbler or muffins, and use fresh or frozen fruit in those.

Most of that is phase 2, of course. I never really did phase 1.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #10  
NewnamesamePam

S/C/G: 287/247/135

Lightbulb

Mine are:

sweet snacks

ff plain yogurt based smoothies ( I posted the recipe in the recipe section). I read about the mock-frosty here but I haven't tried that. Soon though. Soon.

ff cottage cheese mixed w some Splenda and cinnamon. The texture reminds me of rice pudding. It is really good.

All of the no sugar added ice cream/fudgesicle confections. I have tried them all. All taste really good. Totally satisfy the taste for something cold (when it is hot), creamy (mouth texture) and "sweet".

Eating the natural peanut butter spread on a cut up Granny Smith apple mimicks the taste of a caramel apple.

I have made a lot of the different recipes from the Splenda cookbook for Desserts by marilyn koch. It is a great book and I have used it many times.

salty snacks

believe it or not, but eating unripe green olives really satisfies my taste for something really salty.

Last edited by PamByr; 06-24-2008 at 12:49 PM.
PamByr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default warm brownie somethings? pls. pass forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Mom View Post
My sanity/saver is the warm brownie recipe - Peanutbutter / cocoa powder/ splenda and dry milk... Without this - I would be lost!

The indiv 2% Sharp Cheddar sticks I love - they are a great way to tie me over... The string cheese sticks do nothing for me...
Hiya...somehow ...somewhere I missed this..how do i make this treat please.
many thanks...choices
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Here's the link for the recipe:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49212
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote