Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #22

Good morning to you ladies! It is a nice morning this morning but I imagine it will be hot and humid in just a little while. We had a nice day yesterday, went out to breakfast, ran some errands, came home and watched the Cubs game then went to Red Lobster for dinner. Ick is all I can say. I had a shrimp cocktail that was good but the rest of my dinner was overcooked and barely warm. We rarely go there and now I see why.

Gail: Losing weight is all about the head I have always believed. Staying on program shouldn't be an issue if we have worked through everything that makes us eat. What I mean by that is any of us, no matter how we are going about losing weight should not see what we are doing as a diet, a program or anything else. We should see it as the lifestyle we have chosen and like. With that being said, if you take a day and splurge, it shouldn't be some dire thing, just a day where you ate something different. I think we concentrate so hard on making sure we rigidly stay within the boundaries like we are in a concentration camp or something, that our brain fights back telling us we are fed up with doing what we are doing or whatever we tell ourselves when we aren't eating as we are supposed to. Give yourself a break and don't stress about it. Just go back to doing what is right for you and let it go. Hope your bum and back are feeling better. Oh and women's heart health is very different from men. It is true that fat around the waist is the most dangerous, but I think men seem to carry much more weight there than women, even if we aren't 35 inches. I have read studies that say heart attacks in women are much more prone to be overall poor health, diabetes, hormone fluxes and obesity. Men tend to have the fat bellies, diabetic issues and seem to be much more stress related heart attacks.

Susan: When Kelly was diagnosed with asthma, we had to put plastic covers on the mattress, do what you did about getting rid of anything that holds dust. We took off bed ruffles, got rid of curtains, decorative pillows etc. She moved down here when she married and the stuff cleared right up. She hasn't had an attack since. I suffer more with allergies and mine are weird. I tend to have problems everyday at a certain time of the day, but that is if I haven't been outside. I am allergic to plant life more than anything else, ie grass, weeds, stuff like that. I imagine with what you have accomplished weight wise that you don't let those few lbs get away from you and that is what you should do. Like I told Gail, it is more mind than anything else. All you have to do is look at these celebrities that have lost weight and are now pudged right back up again, ie Oprah and Kirstie Alley. They see it as a diet program not the way they want to live. It is like punishment and of course punishment doesn't always work. If we can't wrap it around our heads that we just want to eat properly then we will gain it back. You keep it in control even if a few lbs sneak back on. I think at our age, that is bound to happen unless you are a person who has a very high metabolism.

Maggie: I guess I didn't explain the baseball thing very well. I guess Fox has exclusive rights to Saturday day baseball. In other words, whatever two teams they have chosen to put on their station for that day, no one else can broadcast at the same time. In the case of the Cubs yesterday, their game was earlier than the Fox scheduled game so it was on WGN, so we got to watch it. We have satellite so we subscribed to MLb extra innings so we could watch a majority of the games. We have three blackouts, St Louis, Atlanta, and Cincinnati. So anytime the Cubs play at any of these three cities, we won't be able to see the game no matter who carries it. The great thing is, we found that one of our channels in our satellite package is for the Atlanta channel that carries their games so we are down to only two cities that we don't get games. In the case of the Fox situation (when the Cubs are in town on Saturday they always play a day game) or when the Cubs are playing at St Louis or Cinn, we have the mlb thingy on the computer where we can listen to the game on the radio and that's what we do, not as exciting, but we still get to hear the game. I grew up on WGN because we lived 100 miles from Chicago and my grandparents, who lived two doors down from us, had a big outdoor antennae that picked up the three Chicago stations. Grandpa was a Cubs fan so I grew up watching baseball and have always been a big Cubs fan. I had to convert Jack though. He grew up in New Mexico and back then there were no teams close. He always loved Mickey Mantle so he was a Yankees fan. I showed him the error of his ways after we were married and now he is a rabid fan too. Kelly hates sports, but Jay is a big fan of the Cubs now. Have you tried that Benefiber as it is supposed to be able to mix in anything and isn't flavored? I have taken Citrucel, which is like Tang, but you have to get it down fast because it starts thickening up the longer it sits and then it is awful.

Well gals enough blabbing from me. I am crock potting a chicken to make chicken and noodles and I forgot to get it out of the fridge yesterday morning so it is like a rock. I am trying to thaw it in cold water so I can get it started.
Have a great Sunday!

Faye
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I hear you, Faye, and agree 100% with everything you say about dieting vs. lifestyle change. I've known Maggie for years and she can tell you that I've been battling the same weight all that time. I lose it and put it right back on. When my husband worked nights and especially after my girls moved out, I would graze from the minute I walked in the door from work until the time I went to bed. I know what made me graze/binge/call it what you will then--I missed my husband and was lonely. Now that he is working dayshift and I've retired, thankfully, I no longer graze or binge. Now I'm cooking dinner. And even though I cook healthy (thankfully Wayne is easy to please and is a simple eater) I eat too much. I eat too many carbs. I do not exercise enough. Wayne has promised me since he will be off work the next four weeks, we will get some walking in each day--he says he needs to exercise as well. After all these years, I know what to do; I know how to stay on program and know not to deprive myself. I can talk the program (Wayne calls me a professional WW); I just have a tough time walking the program. It's time to end this once and for all. I have watched countless television programs on health, wellness, dieting, etc. I buy all the latest books on health including the latest in cook books. I have quite a collection! Some I read; some I look at the pictures ; and some I actually follow their advice. Sometimes I think I make myself crazy from all the food plans I've followed--you name it I've probably tried the program! WW, Jenny Craig (love their food); LA Weightloss (had gastric problems with that one), Nutrisystem (food is awful), Diet Center (deprivation +), and many others I've followed on my own (South Beach, Bob Green's plan, etc.), but I always go back to WW. I need to stop banging my head against that brick wall and learn to walk around it and move on.

Last edited by GailR; 06-22-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been having a rough time getting in enough hours working from home, they only count the actual time i am processing a chart so I have to track when I get into one and when I leave it, then any time spent waiting for the next one to load doesn' t count, so I have to count up the minutes to try to get in my 2400 minutes for the week, on the top of that I am doing some data entry for an emergency room in Kentucky. I don't know what made me think I could start both the same week. Add to that the smoke from the fires burnig south of us and my asthma has been dragging me down.

Anyway, Andy and I just got back from a couple days at the campground we belong to in Virginia Beach. We had our younger grandson Alex (1 1/2) Friday evening and all day Saturday. We don't get to see him much so it was nice to spend soe time with him. The smoke was't bad te whole time, just blew in and out some.
Hope everyone is doing well, hopefully I'll be able to post more now that I am settled into the office at my house
Lee
Old 06-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Arrow Sunday In The Afternoon

IT IS A HOT ONE ~ AGAIN

Had lunch at Panda Express ~ Will and I split the meal as always so the points aren't so killer and half of what they serve is plenty of food. We had some thunder and lightening last evening that started 500 fires up here ~ one just down the road. The grass is so brittle and it torched quick. The hills are now black instead of golden. There weren't any structures as far as I know that got burned. Mostly rolling hill pasture land. The rain all stopped and the sky cleared up by the time we went to the BBQ at a friends place and it was quite pleasant in their yard for the doings.

DONNA Red Lobster isn't that way out here. It is a primo place to eat but the only thing it is way way down the road in another town and not in this valley. My two favorite teams are the Dodgers and who ever is playing the Giants. I have some Benefiber which is soluable fiber and easy to drink but also use Psyllium Husk Seed for the bulk forming fiber; a body needs both kinds of fiber. Well some bodies do anyway. Mine does

GAIL I hear you girlfriend. You will get your FOCUS and be on your road to thin. I know you will. Trust me. I KNOW you will. And it is good that you are back using the WW method because it is one that you can use forever. Eating sinsible with the food of your choice. AH, but the choices are educated. Portion sizes. That is the key ~PORTION sizes. And of course there are red light foods we have to educate ourselves to limit or stay away from. And then there is EXERCISE which is so important. Get that body moving. Start with baby steps and work up to a routine that suits your life style. And don't forget the WATER ~ so drink, chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug. OH, do I do all these things? I am still learning.

NANNA You bit off a big chunk did you? It may take a little time but you can do it. Do you have high speed internet? That sure helps with the download thing. Hang in there and don't give up on yourself. What fun to take that grand son camping.

I am sneezing ~ must be something on the wind. Well breeze. Slight movement of air. Type at ya later Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 06-22-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies! Did anyone notice one of the moderators felt she had to post a link to this thread on #21? Wonder why she did that? Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Gail: That's what I am talking about. Our head really gets us into trouble with food more than anything. I was talking to Jack about the newer commercials about stopping smoking where they show people not being able to do simple tasks like drinking a cup of coffee without a cigarette and they talk about relearning to do things without cigarettes. Most people's eating is the same way. I am a grab something to eat or drink when I am reading. It is a habit very hard to break because whatever it is that you tend to bring food or drink to while you are doing it your brain now has it set in that it is a necessity before you can do it. Many people have to snack when they watch tv, drive in the car, whatever. I imagine most people have something like that and it is extremely hard to stop doing permanently. Glad you are feeling better. Hope things went well with hubby in Va Beach.

Nanna: Hope you can get your work situation down pat so you can peek in here a bit more. Hope the double work gets off to a good start. I love having my grandson here, but it rarely happens.

Maggie: I am a very happy camper today. The Cubs swept the White Sox 3-0. I guess I am gloating because the White Sox manager hates the Cubs and has been shooting his mouth off about everything from saying there are rats in the batting cages (total lies from several Cubs sources) to saying nasty things about the players, one of which is an older guy who we obtained from St Louis our other rival this year. He was really pounding on how he can't play and such and on Saturday the guy hit not one but 2 homeruns in the same inning. So that and the fact my brother, who lives in Chicago is a White Sox fan and calls them the Schlubs made me pretty happy. I did notice my brother didn't call to rib us! lol I love Chinese food and rarely have it because it is so high in calories and such and I like the fattier stuff like General Tso's Chicken, my favorite. Jack hates Chinese so we don't have it by once in a blue moon as my mom used to say.

Jean: Hope you are still having fun at the lake or at least got home safe and everything is ok at your house.

Time to get up and get the morning chores going. Have a good one!
Faye
Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Happy Monday! It's really fun saying that now since I've retired. One would think since I've retired about 18 months ago, I would be used to that--no more "Monday Blues"!!! Sometimes I've been known to giggle.

Hubby will be home this afternoon. He phoned me yesterday afternoon and he said he could not believe the smoke and fumes in Va. Beach. Susan and Lee, even he said he could never remember this happening during the whole time we grew up there. He helped his Dad do some major chores outside the house with his power washer (cleaning off the patio, side of the house that was particularly filthy, etc.) and he (along with power washer) will be home asap. This time his Dad asked him if he were coming back down within the next four weeks and...we are...but this time we'll be in the car (the ride will be smoother and a lot more economical gas-wise). I am excited my husband is coming home today.

In order to get back on program I'm going to start reporting what I'm eating for the day. I get a total of 28 points for the day. So far, I've eaten breakfast: Weight Watchers blueberry muffing (3 pts), 8 oz. 1% low-fat milk (2 pts), and 2 cups of coffee w/Splenda and 2 T. fat-free creamer in each (2 pts). I have a ton of chores to get done this morning so I should be kept busy and not be thinking about food. I've planned my lunch: tuna packed in water, made with chopped celery, onion, dill pickle, 2 tsp. lite mayo (4 pts), grape tomatoes (0 pts), and a bag of Weight Watcher Cheddar Twists (2 pts). If I get hungry between now and lunch and/or between lunch and dinner (which I have not decided yet) I'll have a peach and/or a serving of grapes (1-2 pts). I'm afraid of walking on the treadmill since my lower back and backside are still not well...and I'm a tad clumsy. We will be getting rain today and it looks like it will start any minute now. I'll concentrate on drinking water.

Faye, thankfully I cannot eat while knitting! My fingers were flying last night while watching television. But I know what you mean--I eat while reading also. I've seen those tv commercials about quitting smoking. Still have not read You on a Diet yet...but I will.

Maggie, hmmm...Panda Express...have not eaten there. I don't think we have one of those restaurants in my area...is that Chinese? Our Red Lobster is awful. Wayne refuses to eat there ever again. We used to eat at the one in Va. Beach back in the 70's. Every Sunday after church with his parents. Back then it was a good restaurant. Glad to hear the bbq you attended turned out good weather-wise. My church picnic is next Sunday afternoon--not sure if Wayne and I are going though. IF we go, I'll be taking macaroni salad and another side dish. My youngest daughter and her family are definitely going--she wants my black-eyed pea salad recipe. She will be helping out with the moon bounce and water slide (for kids). Hope the weather is nice for this.

Lee, did the wind cooperate at the campground keeping the smoke and fumes away? I know when I was down that way week before last it came and went depending on the wind.

Okay...gotta go get some things done before Wayne comes home. He may want to go to the paint store and look at pain or go hunting for an umbrella.

Later...
Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Okay. Here's the plan:

I'm going to lose weight in twenty-five increments. It won't be so overwhelming to me. I'm going to post what I eat and how many points. If I exercise (i.e., walk) I'll say so; if not, I'll say that too. I'll keep track of water intake as well.

Monday, June 23
Target Points: 28

Breakfast:

Weight Watchers blueberry muffin (3)
8 oz. 1% low-fat milk (2)
2 coffees, Splenda & 2 T fat-free creamer each (2)

Mid-morning snack:

Live Active 2% low-fat cottage cheese (1)

Lunch:

Water-packed tuna (2)
4 tsp. lite mayo (2)
chopped celery, onion, pickle (0)
grape tomatoes (0)
Weight Watchers Cheddar Twists (2)

Mid-afternoon snack:

grapes (1)

Dinner:

broiled lean pork chop (5)
2/3 cup mashed potatoes (4)
string beans (0)

Evening snack:

sugar-free jello w/fruit (1)

TOTAL: 27 points (1 point leftover to use for a 1-point snack somewhere during the day.

That's my plan for today.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool morning in my corner of the world although the sun is shining. It almost seems like we were never gone except I have major messes to sort through. We just left stuff piled in the garage a week ago and it's still there. The basement needs a bleach scrubbing around the edges, and I don't feel like doing that nor sorting through the piles. We had beautiful weather in MN and the guys caught lots of fish. The gals did some shopping and we all played cards and/or dominoes in the evenings. We did go to the storm shelter the first evening we were there. The tornado sirens went off in a small neighboring town and the resort owners came around to warn everyone. That is a first for us, but we were only there for a half hour or so. It did pour rain like someone turned the faucet on without warning. The mosquitoes are HUGE this year! I haven't taken time to read posts, but will try later.

It's nice to go, but it's nice to be home again. Hope you all have a great day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Arrow Monday ~ Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

BTW the Magnolia trees around here are blooming those big beautiful blossoms now. I love those trees. Gonna be another hot one but every day gets a tad cooler. I am not complaining ~ just stating the facts mam. After I get off this little computer I am going to make a power packed smoothie for breakfast for this low point day. I have my hand weight balls all ready to do some exercises and that is the plan. Also I will do my walking inside exercise before it gets too warm. I love those DVD's.

DONNA I think she did that to let us know she is "out there" reading what we write. The invisible mentor. Just doing her job. That is so cool about the Cubbies! Let those nanny na sayers eat crow. Some folks either really like Chinese food or really don't like it. I think I do like it more than Will does but he will eat half of it because he likes it but I really like it. He would much rather have a burger. He could eat burgers every day I do believe. The all American food. Burgers and Mexican food he could live on.

GAIL That black eyed pea recipe was a hit when I made it. I have handed out several copies of it now. One lady asked for it ~ she hadn't tasted it but her husband was telling her how good it was. Anyway it is a definite do again, and again. I bet it will be good on baked potatoes. It's kinda a salsa cruda thing. I thank you for it. Others have asked if I made it up, for I am known to do such things, but alas, I said I got it from a friend out East. Your plan sounds good to me ~ YUM. I do my best when I have my day planned out. Some can plan the whole week but I am a day planner. I have made up a sheet to do my planning on. I have broken my total loss down to 10 pound incriments and am struggeling with this last few pounds of this 10 pounds. My doctor says my system is getting used to what I have lost so far. I don't want it to get too used to it for I want to lose that much twice more. Yes, Panda is Chinese and I do have the nutritional information for there so I count what I bite.

JEAN Welcome back! LOL yes MN has the biggest misquitos of anywhere I have seen. And there is so many lakes there to hatch them ~ lots of water ~ lots of them. You mean the brownies didn't clean your mess in the garage for you while you were gone? Gonna have to give them a talk. Yes, welcome back and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that is a good thing.

I am off to blend a smoothie. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Maggie; 06-23-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, ladies! I wrote a long post yesterday but I don't see it today - must be lost in cyberspace.

Jean, welcome back! You have been missed. Glad you had a good time...now it's back to reality.

Gail, Dr. Oz was on Discovery Health last night with a special on YOU on a Diet. It's being repeated again. You might check their schedule on the web to see when it'll be on in your area. Some very disgusting looks at belly fat and a heart from an overweight person. Enough to make anyone quit eating junk! Your menu looks good.

Gail and Maggie, you have inspired me to renew my efforts to lose these last few pounds. I do best when I plan ahead. I store my recipes and menus in Master Cook so it is easy to plan for the week. It also makes a grocery list of what I'll need. I've used it for years so I have a lot of saved menus. My biggest thing is I do well when I have planned ahead and write everything down. As soon as I quite keeping a food diary, the portions get larger and larger. I also think exercise is a must. I love Curves and it is conveniently located. Tomorrow will be my 200th workout and I'll get a t-shirt for that.

Nanna, I know what you are going through with the smoke and asthma - me too - and you are even closer to the fires. You sure work hard.

Faye, I solved the mindless eating problem by only eating at the table on a proper dish. No reading, eating in front of the tv of out of a bag or box. That got me over associating food with certain activities and keeps me aware of what I am eating. I do make one exception - a bag of popcorn on Saturday afternoon after my chores are done while watching a movie. I do the same thing at work - No eating at my desk. I am lucky in that I have a small conference table in my office so that is where I eat.

Well works calls!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hubby should be pulling into the driveway in 60-90 minutes! Can you tell I'm eager to see his face?! I will probably talk his ear off this afternoon but he is a good-natured man who will listen to me patiently. AND...I will sleep well tonight. I am happy he is on his way home!

home, Jean! Except for that tornado warning and RAIN, sounds like you had a relaxing vacation. I looooove freshly caught fish! Put off that bleach-cleaning for at least a day! You need to relax from vacation!

Everytime I think of making that black-eyed pea salad Maggie, I start to giggling about what Faye said about it! ("everything but the black-eyed peas sounds good") Maggie, I'm glad a lot of people like that recipe. You're right, it reminds me also of a some kind of salsa thing...except there are no tomatoes! I'm also a day planner kind of person--no way can I look ahead for a whole week of time. Magnolia trees remind me of my childhood. One house, we lived in, we had two huge magnolia trees in the backyard. Smelled wonderful when they were in bloom. Oh yeah...one more thing...Wayne could eat cheeseburgers every day for the rest of his life I think. That chick looks mighty determined down in your signature line--she looks like she's got her eyes focused on the goal!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #12  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I haven't posted this much in one day in YEARS! But as I was typing away, Susan posted and I didn't want to miss her!

Hi Susan! You have lost so much weight! That took such determination and I'm awed by your accomplishment. You say you are stuck...well, WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER! I have to write everything I eat down in a journal or the day...and food...get away from me. I stopped attending WW meetings (and that's a bad thing for me as well) the first of last month which I cannot believe it's been that long. I plan on start going again when there is a sale (free registration). I did see that Dr. Oz was going to be on the Discovery Health channel. I'll check it out to see when he will be back on.

On the Today show, Kathie Lee and her co-host interviewed a lady who lost 262 lbs. in 18 months! Know how she did it?! Weight Watchers and exercise. That is a lot of weight lost in a little bit of time. Awesome.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #13  
Web Nana

Good Afternoon Magnolias. It is quite cloudy and humid and from what they say we make thunder boomers later today.
It has been a while, again, but health issues have reared their ugly head and I mean me, this time. First the Dr. said I have high blood pressure, the first time that has happened and he gave me some pills. I was allergic to them and developed the most horrible dry cough...both day and night. After a month of that I saw him again and he gave me a different med...this time it was not generic and the cost was much higher, of course. It stopped my cough immediately but after a week the cough came back, not as strong, and now it has been about 3 weeks and the cough is gone. I hope that is the end of that. Then I had a Urinary Track Infection and saw the Dr. for that, got sulpher med whch took care of that problem easy enough but they did see sugar in the tests so I had to go back for a blood test so double check. It turns out I am pre-diabetic! I don't need med or insulin but he did send me to a nutritionist and she did give me some hints as to what to look at in the foods I eat...they want me to lose weight, also. The most important thing I need to watch is my Carbs....no more that 45 g. per meal and 20 g. for snacks three times a day. I need to eat at regular intervals...4-5 hours apart for meals.
She also suggested more exercise and we have been trying to get in more walking but it hasn't been easy.
It has been 'fun' trying to get my mind around this and I think I have got it in hand. The best part is I have lost about 5#'s since I have been following her instructions.
They said if I can lose enough weigh I may be able to get off the BP meds and in October they will do another blood test to check on the sugar.
It is a merry life I lead!!! Well I'll get off my soap box for now.

Jean, Welcome back from vacation. Yes it is fun to go away but just remember do one thing a day and it will all get don eventually.

Gail, Glad your on the mend. A fall is no fun and the one thing I really dread. I am so careful when I use the stairs and always use the railing.

Susan, You are such a stong lady. I admire your fortitude.

Nanna, That must be quite a challange to keep timing your work in increments of minutes. Too bad they cant' let you work for say 1 hour and let it go at that.

Maggie, You are always so upbeat. I look forward to your posts and to see what interesting things you are doing.

Faye, You sound like you are feeling better. You are almost back to normal. Your two grandsons are adorable and little T is really one to be proud of.

This has been an interesting week as our son and family has been vacationing in and around the Southwest. They were in Vegas the middle of last week and he call to tell us to turn on the computer and get the website where there was a live webcam and in about 10 minutes he and his wife were going to renew their wedding vows for their 20th anniversariy with 'Elvis' officiating. We were able to watch and he had on a T that looked like a Tux and his wife had one with a Bride outfit. Nick's, 12, had 'best man' and Cat's 6, said maid of honor. The two kids held the rings for the 'ceremony'. Lots of laughs.
They are in Tahoe now and will go to San Francisco then down to Monterey and finally to LA and home to Raleigh on Sunday. He called today from the back of a horse as they all were on horseback for a tour of the area.
Gloria

Last edited by nanacas; 06-23-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #14  

Good morning to you all! It is a bit sticky here this morning and I am starting on the upstairs again. I swear it seems it is always time to clean. I didn't get to sleep until near midnight. The ladies on my right side had a bbq on their patio last night until late and our bedroom looks out into the back so all the noise filters up. Jack just crawled in bed and was zoom asleep almost immediately.

Gloria: Sounds like your son and dil had a fun time with renewing their vows. There are certainly enough chapels to pick from. Hope you can get all your "conditions" under control and are feeling better now. Have you been getting much rain from the stuff that has been coming across the upper part of the country? We actually don't have nearly enough here.

Gail: Kathie Lee is on the Today show now? Heavens it was bad enough when she was with Regis. I find her to be a phony, but the show's part about the woman is wonderful. It can be done, but it does take a lot of courage and concentration to do then keep it off. Glad your hubby is back home safe and sound.

Susan: I have a folder with recipes I get off the internet and books and books of recipes. Congrats on your 200th session. That is wonderful and you are absolutely right, exercise is a must. I have got to get back to regular exercise. I actually do miss it as it makes you feel so much better when you do it regularly.

Jean: Glad you had a nice time in MN, but it is always the pits to come home and have to try and recover, ie laundry, put away etc. I imagine you have quite a bit of that to have to do. We are having such a bug problem this year in the house. I can't have them come in and spray because of Fortune, but they are driving me nuts. I think I chase around little bugs half the time. We don't seem to have mosquitos too badly. I noticed they haven't been around spraying so they must not be bad. We don't go out at night much so I don't really know.

Maggie: Jack will it two things from a Chinese restaurant, fried rice and egg rolls. Now, I couldn't put cabbage in front of him and he eat it, but he will eat an egg roll that is almost totally cabbage! lol Jack loves Mexican food, but then he grew up in New Mexico! I am an equal opportunity eater, unfortunately. I am not a sushi eater, though I have tried Calfornia rolls and the raw tuna stuff, ick. Do you guys have a Red Robin out there? They have pretty darn good burgers if you ever want to go out for them. I actually like their turkey sandwich.

I got one of my new handbags last night and whooeee is it heavy. Jack says it doesn't feel any different to him as I always carry the house in it anyway. Smart aleck husband! He just ordered a new laptop to be built for him from Dell to the tune of $1800 so I told him he had better be very, very nice to me for a very, very long time. He stuck his tongue out at me and I told him that was going on the naughty list and that if he didn't behave I would be taking his toy away from him when it gets here.

You ladies have a great Tuesday. I am off to try and get some work done.
faye
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning! Hubby is home and I am a happy woman! We have a lot of projects around the house that need to be done. This week will be devoted to the gazebo and deck. He will be doing most of the work because...well...my lower back is still not 100% but I will do what I can. However, I am feeling much better. Just takes time.

I'm returning to WW this Saturday or next Tuesday morning because now it's free registration. I get email from WW and I received a coupon for free registration this morning.

I am happy to report that I stayed on program yesterday and went to bed with 27 out of 28 points eaten. All water boxes were checked off. However, I did not get a chance to walk. I'll work on that part of the program--exercise! Here's my food plan for the day:

Tuesday, June 24
Target Points: 28

Breakfast:
1 cup Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (3)
coffee w/Splenda and 2 T. fat-free creamer (1)

Mid-morning snack:
fruit (1)

Lunch:
sandwich made with lite bread (1),
2 tsp. lite mayo (1)
lean ham (1)
lettuce (0)
Weight Watchers Cheddar Twists (2)

Mid-afternoon snack:
Live Active 2% low-fat cottage cheese (1)
fruit (1)

Dinner:
Parmesan chicken w/Linguine (8-9)
(1 cup pasta and 4-5 oz. chicken)
tossed garden salad (0)
2 tsp. olive oil and vinegar (2)

Evening snack:
sugar-free chocolate pudding (1)

Okay. My computer is acting funny. I'm going to send this post while I can. I'll be back later to post to everyone!
Closed Thread