Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/menu/planning - week of June 23 - 29...

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #2  
RIP Little Debbie!

S/C/G: 148/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Oh boy do I need accountability!! I have no idea where to start.
KrazyKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #3  

Hi Chicks.... yesterday didn't end well. Everything about yesterday changed...we went out for lunch and then were invited to the neighbor's for a dinner or pep. pizza as a thank you for taking care of their dog while they were on vacation. Six monthes ago, I could eat one piece of pizza and it would be OK. But, I just don't have that same umph in me now. I know that part of it is not feeling real well. I go to the doctor today. Hopefully, he'll have some answers. I still need to lose 50 pounds and I want long term sanity with food. I am not belittling what I have accomplished so far - but, I need to get my "I can do this" attitude back. I am not sure how - but, I'll give it my best. Last week was three days of healthy eating and four days of overeating (and binges). I just can't go back there.

Plans for today:

breakfast- egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, canteloup, crackers, green beans
snack - cheese, blueberries
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - yogurt, flax, fruit

Have a good day friends.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

The scales did not smile for me this morning, and they shouldn't have. I've been off-plan and eating anything and everything. I can't continue down this road, so I've changed directions. Today is day 1 of being back on-plan. Hubby and I went grocery shopping last night and I have all of my on-plan foods. My calorie tracking spreadsheet is up on my desktop and I've begun tracking today's intake. Hubby and I are dedicated to start walking again...beginning today. It feels good to have a plan and to feel the committment again. I haven't felt committed for a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing the weight start coming off again.

Beverly - this is a constant struggle, isn't it? I have to believe that, if we keep trying, we'll eventually find our answers. I hope the doctor is able to help you with the pain today.

Katie. Getting started can be tough. I recommend looking around this site and getting a good idea of what others are doing. I follow Southbeach and calorie count as well. Many others are following Weight Watchers, Calorie counting, etc. Until you decide how you're going to do this, you can make some basic changes to the way your eating....ie, eating lots of veggies, no sugary foods, no fried foods, etc. Also, exercise is a vital component of losing a large amount of weight and maintaining that loss. I recommend walking as it's inexpensive and most people can do it.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am looking forward to my endocrinologist appt on Thursday, hopefully he can shed some light on things. I'll feel better for a day or two, then back to feeling icky...I don't like it! So, that is going to change!!!

So far I am on plan for today. I am going to the gym right after work tonight. Even if it's hot. I have let myself slack a bit there and I really want to get back on track.

Kate--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--Oh, I so hear you!!! I do really well, then slide back. It's always a struggle for me. I know we can do this together. Good luck at the doctor today!

Rhonda--Good for you for recommitting!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Gah, I'm so frustrated with this right now! I hear you ladies, believe me. I stepped on the scales this morning and it said another half a pound GAIN. I can feel it in the waistline of the capris I have on, too. DH swears he doesn't understand, keeps saying "but you're not eating anything! How can you be gaining weight???" I'd like to know that too. I'm eating around 1600 calories a day, walking every night, doing my weights every other day, and I'm constantly hungry. I simply can't be putting on pounds of muscle! I'm not eating anything salty, it's not a weird TOM or anything...what's going on???
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

MJ - I hope the endocrinologist has helpful news for you. I know the anxiety is rough.

Darkblue - have you ever been diagnosed with insulin resistance? Before I started losing weight, I was diagnosed with IR which is often the forerunner of type 2 diabetes. The only way I could lose weight was to follow the Southbeach plan... lean meats and protein, healthy fats in moderation, lots of veggies, up to 3 fruits a day, and 3 whole grains a day...no corn, no white potatos and no white pasta,white bread or white rice. For me, my weight loss stalled or I gained if I ate more than 1 fruit a day and two grains. It used to drive me nuts when I kept hearing that weight loss was based solely on calories consumed versus calories expended. That may be true for the majority, but, for some of us, the types of foods are important, also.

Now, I still follow Southbeach plus counting calories. I can easily overeat on the healthy foods, so counting calories keeps me in-check.

I hope you find your answers soon. Don't give up.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-23-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #8  
mj5

Rhonda--Thanks!

Darkblue--I am sorry you are so frustrated. I hope you can figure out what is stalling you. Like Rhonda said--Don't give up!

I am very proud of myself tonight. I went to the gym (as planned) and did my planned workout. YIPPEE!

Have a great night!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Grimly on-plan again today, ~1550 calories, water, did my exercises.

------------------------------------

Rhonda--I don't know about the insulin-resistance. As far as I know, I'm completely "normal." Though my family *might* dispute that!

Katie--welcome! I started out here by just posting my daily diet--what I ate, how much exercise I did, how much water I drank. It's a great spot for help and assistance!

mj5--hope you get some answers soon from the doctor. Great job at the gym! That's so hard for me, to force myself to exercise, so you rock!

Beverly--hang in there! Eating out twice in one day would be really difficult for me to cope with.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #10  

Hi chicks....Yesterday I stayed on my plan. I am so, so grateful.

I saw my doctor & he is sending me for a consult with another doctor about my foot. He gave me the OK to do chair aerobics...but, said to start slow and expect things to hurt at first. So today I did only the warm up.

For today:

stretches
lots of water
log food
journal feelings
meditation
PMA - I'll try!

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - ff cottage cheese, canteloupe, sweet potato, zuccini
snack - yogurt, strawberries
dinner - turkey polish sausage, onions & red peppers, brown rice
snack - oatmeal, flax, raisins, milk

Katie - So glad you posted. Please feel free to start posting your plans.

Rhonda - so glad that you and DH are in this together. I think we can never stop 'starting again'. I am glad you are feeling a commitment.

Mj5- I hope the endocrinologiest can help. We want you to feel good, friend.

Darkblue - It IS strange that you'd be gaining weight by eating that few calories. Hmmm...could it just be water weight? Or...have you ever had your thyroid checked? Hang in there!!!!

Shout out to Schmoodle - hi to you. Hey where are Ginger, BigTexMamma and all the rest of the accountability gang.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-24-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends!

Yesterday was a good on-plan day #1. My calories totaled 1470 and I walked for 3.9 miles and began the pushup program in the exercise forum. I'm a bit headachey from sugar/carb withdrawal and achey from the pushups and the walk, but I'm liking the feeling. This is a physical confirmation that I'm making some changes in my body.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #12  
mj5

Hi everyone! Tonight at the gym I did legs/back weights, so now my whole body is sore! LOL! It's ok, though, at least I am 'even' now! It feels good and I know that for me, eating well AND exercise need to be hand in hand--when I slip up in one area, the scale reflects it.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, just a quick flyby to let you know I'm alive. I had a hectic weekend and ended up throwing a BBQ birthday party for 20 on short notice for my parents birthdays. Long story short, we had a very nice time and I was happy to do it, but it ate up most of my weekend. I am in training all week and have to commute 60 miles each way, so I'm leaving the house at 5:45 and getting back home around 7, hungry and exhausted, but I have been packing my food and snacks and so far staying on plan. When I get home for Friday, we'll head for the beach for the weekend, so I won't be around much until next week. DH leaves for Japan for 4 mos next Thursday, so lots to do to be ready!

Hang in there chicks, I hope the week treats you well.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 AM   #14  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey everyone!
i stayed on plan with my cals today!! yayy! the last two days were kinda crappy, and very in line with what BEVJOY was saying, i just didnt have the umph i needed to say no to food.

hopefully wensday will be just as good for me. its my day off so i better plan plan plan my day out!

good luck all, sorry no time for personlas now, but i read all your post

see you later
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #15  

Hi chicks...stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. (Am not feeling so well today...tummy.) This morning I did an extra long meditation...WOW - it makes a difference in how I feel. I'll have to remember this.

for today:

storytelling

stretches- chair aerobics
water
log food
meditation

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, watermelon
lunch - tuna sandwich, open face, green beans
snack - applesauce, cheese
dinner - Bob Evans lite senior breakfast (going out with Mom)
snack - oatmeal, flax, raisins, milk

Hi Mathpuppy!! YAY...I am so, so glad to hear you've had those good days. Go girl!!

Schmoodle - sounds like you've been so, so busy! Good for you ... packing food and snack for your training sessions. Have fun at the beach. Enjoy your time with DH before he leaves for his long business trip.

MJ5 - wonderful! So glad you're OP and got your exercise in. I know it feels great.

Rhonda - so glad you were OP, did your exercise and are feeling positive. That's a wonderful first day. I know you can build on it, friend!

Have a GREAT day. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-25-2008 at 07:35 AM.