South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick Check - Sunday, June 22 and Onward

Here's the place to share your experiences on Phase I, give encouragement, confess sins and share tips and hints.

Please also join the rest of the group in the daily chat thread. You won't be on Phase I forever and we'd love to get to know y'all better.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Today is Phase I, Day 8 after my off plan yesterday. Just have housecleaning to do today. I need to make a Costco run, but I think I'll save the gas and go after work tomorrow. Need to figure out my menu for the rest of the week.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'7"

Lazy day for us, after lots of running around yesterday. Trying to find this recipe I saw for brussels sprouts meatballs, can't remember for the life of me where it was. We're hanging in there with P1 pretty well, but I was bad on my water intake yesterday. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Planning ahead is key so figure out that menu, Briesee. Do you do doggy menues too? My two love veggies so that enters into my planning.

Auralei. Brussels sprouts are my least favourite veggie, probably because my mother cooked them until they were gray with pink insides. However, I'm willing to try to like them. I hope you find that recipe!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5'7"

I think I found it at SB Diet MB, it's for inside-out brussel's sprouts. I can omit the rice part I didn't try sprouts till I was in my 20's, now I love them, but not if they're overcooked. Mushy = yuck!

I bought a ton of chicken breasts at Kroger yesterday, as they were $1.99/lb, so I expect to start growing feathers around... oh, maybe Tuesday. I'll be glad when some nice, lean steak is on sale again, will be a nice change. At least the chicken recipes here are delicious, though

I really need to add a weight ticker... if I can figure out how to, I'm such a nooblet lol
Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

There are few veggies I won't eat, brussels sprouts among them. Oddly, my brother, whom only eats three different veggies likes them.

Ruth, Winter gets kibble and occasionally yogurt, he's not really into veggies/fruit (Strawberries make interesting stains smashed into the carpet hard enough.). Summer's having issues and may be going to a raw diet. Eww, but if she does well on it, I guess I'll do it. She's on raw beef and chicken for the next two weeks at least. She's a bit tubby and needs to lose a little weight, but she devours everything in site (and yes, she's fed in her crate, but counter height is no obstacle for this girl). Summer eats veggies no problem. "Lettuce? Well that was a bit odd tasting. *opens mouth wide and points to the sky* More?" So doggy menus may well be in my future. Kitty menus, too, if I can somehow figure out how to separate the cats and make them eat at set times... (one nearly underweight cat, one perfect weight cat and one overweight one, hmmm Goldilocks? )

I swing by the grocery store on Thursday after work to find what meat is on sale (I find pretty good markdowns on Thursday nights that better than what the sale pages say) and pick it up. Then I try to find out on Sunday or Monday what my produce box will contain that week and from the two make a menu and pick up what else I need on Monday night on my way home from work. I do some planning, just spread out over a few days. I also need to go to the store again, as I'm still figuring out what I do and don't eat on this plan.

Auralei, you can't add a ticker until you've been here 30 days. My tickers are on my blog right now. I went to Ticker Factory to make mine, though I think somewhere on this site are links to making them through 3FC.

Last edited by briezee; 06-22-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

briezee, have fun at Costco. I could spend some major bucks there!

Auralei, if you go to the top of the page on 3FC, you'll see "User CP". Click on that and then edit signature and it should show you how to make your ticker. But it's true, if you don't have 30 days here (I think) then you can't have one til then.

Yesterday we worked our butts off outside so today is menu planning and inside stuff.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Debbie
Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Yup - sorry but you have to be here a month to get a ticker. You could keep track of your start and end loss though and use it when the time comes.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #9  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

Hi, well today was my first day on Phase 1 and out of habit I am totally craving carbs right now.....I made a burger (no bun) for dinner tonight with a salad and it just doesn't feel like a complete meal without the bread ......it is going to be a long two weeks I think lol.......I did make hummus today and dipped cucumber spears into it so that i would get the carbs from something.......can't wait to go to bed and wake up on day 2 lol......
Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #10  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Greeneyes, it gets easier, I promise...

Had an okay weekend. I survived my weekend out with my friends, ate well, but I did have one glass of wine. Just one, I promise. Worked out yesterday, but didn't go today (Sunday is one of my two off workout days).

Meals for yesterday and today:
Saturday -
Breakfast: Yogurt/turkey sausage/V8
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Taco Soup
Snack: Celery/Peanut Butter
Dinner: Fiesta Chicken/SB Mashed potatoes/blackeye peas

Sunday -
Breakfast: Yogurt/turkey sausage
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Kraft/SB entree (chicken caprese)
Snack: Celery/Peanut Butter
Dinner: Stuffed peppers/Salad/steamed brussels sprouts

Here's to a great week, everyone!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I am starting my 2nd phase 2 week. What do you eat at night when you just can't stand it anymore. I've tried turkey rollups with hummus,yogurt other nights,Tonight I just don't feel like having any of that. I just heated up some more chili and it seems to do the trick, but what other hints do you have, Cut up veggies just does not cut it sometimes.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all you Newbies! It's great that so many of you decided to join us.

hereicome, if you like milk, having a warm cup of skim milk in the evening usually works great for a case of the munchies. You could mix a little vanilla and splenda in it, or add a teaspoon of cocoa powder, too.
I always save my dessert for my evening snack. My favorites are ff Greek yogurt with fruit or nuts and agave nectar, the SBD peanutbutter cup, sf jello or pudding with ff Cool Whip, or a ricotta creme dessert.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

In phase II, for late night snacks I have whole grain toast with peanut butter or almond butter. I also like the mocha ricotta creme.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!! Today is my first day of phase I. I don't have the book yet (should get it this afternoon from the library) so I am going off of the phase I food list posted here.
I am a little worried about getting through phase I since the food list is a little limited. But, I keep reminding myself that it is only 2 weeks. And, I also keep reminding myself how great I would feel if I could just get 10% of my current weight off. So, I am feeling properly motivated.
Quick question-I see on phase one you can have sugar free popsicles. Is there a brand that is recommended??
Good luck everyone and have a good day!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Yes, carbs are limited but please be sure you include good/slow carbs in your daily menu. Dairy and legumes will help you get through the Phase and prevent or minimize the SBD "flu".

The food brands are different up here but I'm sure some of the others can help you out with the SF popsicles.
Closed Thread