Old 06-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default why!?

So, the day before yesterday - I measured myself and had lost a bunch of inches. what did i do?? - i had popeyes - TWICE In the same day! GAH!
then yesterday, i weighed myself and the scale at dropped 3.6 lbs. YAY! so what did i do? I HAD MORE POPEYES!!!! then some alcohol at the bar... then a giant soda... then a bag of popcorn at the movie theater!

does anyone else see a success then just EAT!?

i'm so mad at myself!!!!! back to the gym i go!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I went through this a couple of days ago. You have to go right back to your plan The best advise I got from someone on this board was that 1.yes you had a bad day and it will hurt your weight loss but 2.the other days that you stuck to your plan count too!
So put this behind you and use it as a learning experience. Now you know what warning signs to bracy yourself against.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #3  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

it happens to me too. but im getting better at not letting go as soon as i see progress.
good luck
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #4  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I still do this. Sometimes I'll order a huge dessert and eat it myself the day before I weigh in.... or completely blow half a week of planning eating with restaurant food.

.... but I still focus on drinking as much water as possible.. and exercising even if my food that day was horrible. It seriously has made a difference. We screw up yeah... but dont give up!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

well, there's a REASON we're all 200 or 300 lbs. on here right? we have a weird thing with food. Use it for other reasons other than to fuel the motions of our bodies. Gotta get at the ugly underbelly of WHY we do stuff before it'll stay off, I think anyway!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Yes - and it's something you need to stop right now! I did this and gained back half of my overall weight! And now I'm in a very bad plateu where the weight just will not budge. I'd advise to do something to treat yourself that wont affect your weight - like I adore reading so I'd go buy myself a new book.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:36 PM   #7  
weight watching

I've done that! When I was in high school I would go to my weekly doctor's appointment and then meet a friend and go out for a hot fudge sundae. I didn't want to be on the diet! Sometimes I think we do it to rebel, sometimes to dare the Weight Loss Gods -- all symptoms that we're not really committed. And how many of us have done something likely this and used it as the excuse to go off plan? ("What's the use? I'll never be able to do this.")

The good news is that tomorrow is another day! I hope you won't let this derail you.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

When I did WW - I used to do that. Go to WI and if it was good, go out and pig out that day. Like that day wouldn't count towards my weekly points goal.

I finally realized that I was treating eating good as something temporary. That I wouldn't have to stick to it for life. The hopes that the weight would come off and I could go back to eating chicken wings, french fries and caramel machiattos from Starbucks (with the Heath Fantasy bar on the side).

It takes a long time to get rid of those habits, but you must take control of them, or you will end up yo-yoing.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

About 6 weeks ago, I hit the 40 pound lost mark...and, I went crazy off-plan. I have no idea why. Like Trazey said, I think we have to digger a little deeper sometimes and figure out the why's so we can fix them. I'm still struggling to find my way back.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Rewarding

You just need to find other ways to reward yourself. It's great to feel happy and wanted to be rewarded when you reach goals or lose more then thought but food is how we all got here in the first place and should NOT be a reward at all. Next time you want to reward yourself with food, just think this quote I found

"You'll never taste any food that will make you feel as good as being Thin"

Which I believe is so true, as much as I want to go off plan sometimes I think to myself I don't want to be like this forever and when I get down to my goal weight now that is going to feel amazing way better then any food taste.

Also remember food is fuel for your body nothing else, "eat to live dont live to eat."

When lose weight or inches and feel good and think you deserve a reward then go buy yourself a new shirt, or pants. or get a manicure or pedicure and feel pretty.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #11  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

ah, yes that good old self-sabotauge. I have found however that my definintion of binging has changed and what I consider a binge now is nowhere near as much as what I used to do--so that in itself can be a victory.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Yes, I think we can all relate to some degree! I totally sympathize. I have a mental block that won't let me get below 232, it's like I finally hit it and BAM I'm at the bar every night, drinking beer (that I dont' even really like) and eating buffalo wings. Bizarre how it happens to us.

One corny thing I've found that helps me:

I brought out the kindergartner in myself by buying those star stickers you'd put on homework, and put one on a calendar for each day I do well. And it has to be hardcore good- not just "almost there." I reward myself with something little for every 10 stars, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for every 30. I figure this is better than rewarding myself for numbers attained on the scale.

Haha, it sounds even stupider than I thought, but hey, it gives me something abstract to look forward to and stay focused.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I brought out the kindergartner in myself by buying those star stickers you'd put on homework, and put one on a calendar for each day I do well. And it has to be hardcore good- not just "almost there." I reward myself with something little for every 10 stars, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for every 30. I figure this is better than rewarding myself for numbers attained on the scale.

I actually love that idea. I may do that, it's amazing what I'll do to get even a tiny prize. One time (I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but I will for you chicks only!) I started Weight Watchers and they forgot me in the gold stars (when you hit 15 lb lost) and I never went back because I was so upset over not getting a star. I am truly a Kindergartener at heart.

I have the same struggle with being under 200. I've done a lot of soul searching trying to figure out why I sabatoge something I want so badly. I don't know what the answer is other than maybe I'm afraid that there's more to life and it's a little scary. I don't like attention from strangers and I think that I'm a little afraid that if I'm not fat (and 200 has always been my marker in my mind of that) that people will start paying attention to me and then I'm opening myself up to like people only to get hurt again and again. And here I sit at 204 thinking "I could take the day off from WW if I want to" because my daughter and I have a girl's day planned.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2QJandT View Post
I actually love that idea. I may do that, it's amazing what I'll do to get even a tiny prize. One time (I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but I will for you chicks only!) I started Weight Watchers and they forgot me in the gold stars (when you hit 15 lb lost) and I never went back because I was so upset over not getting a star. I am truly a Kindergartener at heart.
glad it helped you... and also glad I'm not the only one! It's really funny how those things that seem so little feel huge. Today I wanted to order a pizza and I thought, "no, I want that stupid star!" And I don't even know what my 10-star prize is going to be this time, it's just nice to have it dangling over my head like that. heh. So I'm glad to hear I'm not the only Kindergartener at heart.

Funny, I would have probably had the same reaction to the WW Gold Star thing! Not sure what's worse- feeling forgotten or feeling like you don't get something that you've worked hard for- no matter how small!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:17 AM   #15  
Bikini Season :)

thanks for all the support guys!
(i also went and bought stickers!!!!!)

its been a mess and continued to be a mess all through today. here i am on the couching, feeling utterly bloated and gross...

tomorrow is a WHOLE new day and I will be BACK ON PLAN!

i set the alarm to go for a lloonnngg walk with the dog way early and may even pick up some overtime at work to keep me distracted!

you ladies are the best!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote