Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #1  
Pretty, Green and Healthy

Height: 5'8

Smile A Breakthrough!

Hello, everyone, sorry I haven't been on in so long, but my computer had to be restored.

I've been through a breakthorugh after years of struggling with weight! Ever since I was a child, I used to believe that exercise was a job. I used to believe that it was everybody’s duty, something that “had to be done”. I used to have a sort of strict, boot-camp mentality about it. I believe that this is why, every time I tried to lose weight, I always failed. I kept on naturally revolting against my boot-camp mentality, hence the yo-yo action I went through. Spiritually, it was enslave, revolt, enslave, revolt…and so on.

From now on, I’m going to have a new mentality. I’m going to believe that exercise is fun and recreational. And if I make a few mistakes in my weight-loss-plan, instead of spiritually punishing myself, I’m going to forgive, forget and move on; I’m also forgiving myself for weight-loss-plan mistakes I made as far back as nine years old.
hawaiianecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianecoprincess View Post
Hello, everyone, sorry I haven't been on in so long, but my computer had to be restored.

I've been through a breakthorugh after years of struggling with weight! Ever since I was a child, I used to believe that exercise was a job. I used to believe that it was everybody’s duty, something that “had to be done”. I used to have a sort of strict, boot-camp mentality about it. I believe that this is why, every time I tried to lose weight, I always failed. I kept on naturally revolting against my boot-camp mentality, hence the yo-yo action I went through. Spiritually, it was enslave, revolt, enslave, revolt…and so on.

From now on, I’m going to have a new mentality. I’m going to believe that exercise is fun and recreational. And if I make a few mistakes in my weight-loss-plan, instead of spiritually punishing myself, I’m going to forgive, forget and move on; I’m also forgiving myself for weight-loss-plan mistakes I made as far back as nine years old.
GREAT ATTITUDE!!! I LOVE it!!!!! That attitude will take you far, very far in fact.

I too finally stopped looking at exercise as a burden and now look at it as a privilege,

Best of luck to you. You sound as if you're headed in the right direction.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

good on you find an exercise you enjoy and start with that .. soon you will enjoy the rush you get and the higher mood you have after doing it.. great for self esteeem.. dpression and all those .. i hope you can be kind to yourself and find something you can stick to
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yer definately if it is one you enjoy you will start to crave it during the day....
i love getting home and doing my workouts....
i do one before my meal and one about an hour after....
i havent missed a day in the past month....

it is FUN and it is RECREATIONAL and you will start to LOVE it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face Great realization!

I know how you feel. I've been overweight most of my life and exercise was never fun. And my parents weren't into sports at all and i had no siblings that were into fitness either. I dreaded gym class and it was NEVER fun. Now i've found Turbo Jam and Taebo. I'd love to play slow paced raquet ball or squash because i'm not a fast runner but it would still be exercise... just have to find someone. And you know why i want to do the squash.......because i envision seeing myself laughing so hard at myself because i'm going to be so useless at it and it's going to be FUN!

The moral of this long winded story........ you go girl ....... find stuff that makes you laugh and have fun and burn off the cals at the same time. Some times it takes a while to find the right thing......so keep experimenting and having fun at the same time.

That's the name of the game : FUN
LauraNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I love it!

Celebrate every day that you are able to move your body!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Good for you

Our bodies are meant to move, not sit around on the sofa.
And we have to fuel our bodies with good wholesome foods.

We only have one body and one life to live--make the most of it
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #8  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! Try to find a form of exercise that you really like, it doesn't have to be "traditional." I play volleyball 3 times per week (about 6 hours total), I rock climb during the spring/summer/fall and I snowboard in the winter. All very good workouts, but none require me to be in a gym (just not my thing.)

Attitude is everything when it comes to exercise, keep it up!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote