General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 02:43 AM   #1  
it's always something

Default Any Nigella Lawson fans?

Is anyone familiar with her? She as a few cookbooks, as well as her own British TV Cooking show. She' gorgeous, and she's not stick thin!

People Magazine has just named her as one of the most beautiful people this year.

Quote:

TV CHEF "I love food and I love eating," says Nigella Lawson, "and I've chosen that rather than deprivation and skinniness." With that philosophy, the 42-year-old cookbook author (How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking) has won the allegiance of foodophiles both abroad and stateside. Indeed,the 5'7" host of Britain's hugely popular Nigella Bites (the show airs here on the E! and Style networks) "has a proper woman's body," says her brother Dominic, 45, editor of TheSunday Telegraph. "She is not a model. She is 100 percent woman." A widow since March 2001, when her journalist husband,John Diamond, died of throat cancer (she now dates advertising big Charles Saatchi, 58), Lawson films Bites in the West London home she shares with daughter Cosima, 8, and son Bruno, 5. Though she says she will occasionally submit to the Atkins diet "to get back to fighting weight," she cheerfully adds, "Then I let it go up again!" Lawson is as laissez-faire about beauty products as she is about the scale. "Every now and then I realize I could grate Parmesan with my elbows, so I put Eve Lom cleanser on, " she says. "But I'm not very good at doing anything regularly"
Old 05-07-2002, 10:28 AM   #2  

I think Nigella is gorgeous, I would love to look like her and have her figure! I know we're not trying to lose weight to please men but I am definitely sure that men prefer women with more curvaceous figures.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:18 PM   #3  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Nigella Bites

I have been trying to catch her on satellite but have not yet been able to meet up with her. Her show here is called Nigella Bites. I have seen her commercials and I think she is beautiful for a cook. But she sticks her fingers into everything and I am wondering how long will it take to starting showing on her body. Because I know if I were to stick my finger into everything I cook...oh boy! Hopefully she works out of something. Or maybe her cooking is low cal...as I said I haven't had a chance to see her show so I don't know what her food is about.

If you have know the show listings let me I would be interested.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

SUZANNE...I absolutely LOVE Nigella's show...don't miss it...even if I've already seen it..
Wish she would do a cook book for the dieters of the world!

BOB
Old 06-26-2002, 01:29 PM   #5  

Hi guys, I'm new here. I love that show I watch it every chance I get! I could sit and listen to her speak all day with that accent. It doesn't matter what she is cooking she makes it seem fabulous. Did I hear correctly that she has had no formal training? Anyway, nice to be here.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:41 AM   #6  
Nigella Lawson Wannabe

I REALLY enjoy watching her shows AND reading her books, as I think she writes as wonderfully as she cooks. Both Nigella Bites and How to Eat (which, even though it's unillustrated is my fav) have low-fat sections (she calls low-fat food Temple Food, as in 'my body is one') and I've never gone wrong with any of the recipes I've tried.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:56 AM   #7  

Default NIGELLA

I really enjoy her shows and being English get to see them often. We have a TV channel dedicated to food and recently they showed all her shows. She looks fab aswell.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default NIGELLA

Is everyone aware that when Nigella needs to "get the pound down" that she uses a lower carb, higher protein WOE???
She's really not a "little woman" which is why she wears a lot of black on TV...

She's the best..I love to watch her "easy technique" in the kitchen

SHE'S DA BOMB!!!

BOB
Old 08-27-2002, 10:45 PM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

There is a recipe for her sticky toffee pudding in this month's issue of Canadian House and Home. Looks very yummy
Old 11-04-2002, 05:49 AM   #10  
tomorrow is another day

Great food, fantastic cooking series and...she looks like real women do - extra curves (but hers are in all the right places)!
I love her approach to cooking and food - she really enjoys what she does and her enthusiasm rubs off on to her viewers.
Inspirational.
Closed Thread