Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #1  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Red face No exercise since Monday...

Ugh... I need some inspiring, motivating words, please...

I've been doing *really* well, sticking to a plan of working out AT LEAST 5 days a week (doing hard workouts 3-4times a week and then filling in with less intense workouts). Anyway... this week was my TOM and I wasn't feeling well on Sunday or Monday. Then on Monday evening, I got some really bad news about a close family member of mine (an aunt, who is like a grandma to me), who was diagnosed with REALLY advanced breast cancer.

Anyway, I dunno... this news combined with my TOM has totally taken the wind out of my sails. I've been coming home, flopping down in front of the computer, and not moving since Monday, when I worked out for 20 mins. (my muscles are still sore from that, but that's beside the point).

So... PLEASE say motivating things to me! Kick my butt back into gear! My TOM is over, my not exercising will not cure my aunt, etc. things of that nature.

Also, sitting here not working out is totally making me feel like a failure... I am proud to say I haven't been gorging myself with food, however.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Any good plan needs to have room for LIFE. Things happen ... you're poor aunt ... Yes, we have to have a programme and yes we need a good consistant routine but we have to live in a world with other people.
You'll get back in gear. You have to be healthy to support your family, right? You need strong arms to hug that aunt
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Default Sounds like you've been taking a much needed break

I'm with "Guess i'm human, drat" She said it perfect. There's really not much to add. You've been taking a break--between TOM and the news about your Aunt-and all the lbs you've lost already, don't you think you deserve one? You will get back to your routine because you know that it serves you and is helping you grow healthier and stronger. Plus, as you said, you haven't been gorging yourself, so that's something to be proud of.
Remember beating up on ourselves takes even more energy out of us.

Consider yourselfed and your Aunt and family and you held up in my prayers.

Last edited by Ailey60; 06-20-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Why don't you stop into our daily exercise motivation thread here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144010

We start a new thread each week, and you post what you do for the day. Reading the thread will help motivate you, I promise!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #5  
No description available.

KLK,

Do it anyway. We all have reasons come up in our lives and some are devestating (I am truly sorry for your aunt's cancer--that is very sad ).

You know that exercise releases endogenous endorphins that will help you cope. You know that exercise will make you feel better. You know that getting to and maintaining a healthy weight could reduce your personal risk of breast cancer.

Exercise because you can.

Get on it. I want a report by the end of the day! (where is Jay's bootcamp icon when I need it?) Found it!

Last edited by midwife; 06-20-2008 at 09:13 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #6  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

KLK -- I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It's a tough road ahead for her; stay strong to give her all the support you can.

When you get home today, regardless of what your exercise routine normally is or has been this past week, change into exercise clothes and put on some sneakers and either go outside for a walk or hop on the treadmill. Committ to 1/2 hr. Whatever the pace is - or becomes - just do it. I promise you will feel better and it will make tomorrow's workout much more doable. Sometimes moving just because you can really does work to jumpstart you back into a routine. Good luck with everything!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Stuff happens. Can you get off the sofa and promise yourself to exercise only for 10 minutes? I have done it a few times when I really did not feel like running on the treadmill, so I promised myself I will do only xxxx distance or time, or whatever, and if I can't do any more, I will stop.
This works like a charm - Once I am on it, I will complete my usual distance, no matter what sweet promises I had given to myself prior to that. Even if this method does not work for you, it's better to do at least 10 minutes than nothing.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #8  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Dear Everybody --

Thank you all! I do feel more motivated now, to work out AND to not feel like a loser for taking the last few days off. I think tonight, as you suggested, I will put on my workout clothes and sneakers and then pop in the 30 Day Shred, which is only 20 mins long. I will JUST DO THAT and then see how I feel... if I can do more, I'll put in a cardio DVD. If not, then hey, at least I did SOMETHING and something is better than nothing.

I HAVE been keeping track of my workouts on the 20-something's forum, and fiberlover, you are 100% right -- it's GREAT be feel accountable to someone for your workouts (other than yourself... and God... lol).

Thanks again!
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

It was a rest and recovery week. You'll come back stronger than ever. Have a fun workout!
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

The difference between success and failure is the determination to succeed....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote