South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default A sudden epiphany I just had... combined with motivational speech.

You know, being that I've been 200 lbs for the past 2 years, I am SO looking forward to getting below it. It will be a huge success for me. When I look at the scale and it says "199", I'm going to be deliriously happy. I know 199 is still overweight, but hey, that means I've moved down into the 100's again!!!! But the same goes for a 250 lb person for example, if you look at the scale a few weeks from now and it says 240... THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Be happy!

I was 240-something during my pregnancy, I've never weighed that much before in my life. I lost all of that weight and 10 lbs more than that, but I'm still not at a healthy weight. I was overweight when I got pregnant (I had went up to 210, my 2nd highest weight I've ever been.) I'm looking forward to losing the weight and I know everyone else is too. I know losing weight is incredibly hard (believe me, I've tried on numerous occasions!) but once you decide for once and for all that you're gonna do it, nothing can stop you except yourself.

(Lol, I sound like a self-help guru giving a motivational speech.)

But it's true. And I know everyone can do it. Some people here have mentioned losing 100 lbs, 50 lbs, etc in the goal & success forum.. That could be all of us someday. It's an attainable goal, it's possible. Even your mini-successes are indeed successes. So you've lost 5 lbs when you wanted to lose 10??? YOU LOST FIVE WHOLE POUNDS AND THAT IS FREAKIN' FABULOUS. THAT'S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! Be proud! We're all proud of you. I've often given up in despair before but now for the first time, I really, truly believe that I can do it. I know I can.

And I will. (Hells yeah!)

I just had this ephiphany... other times I've repeatedly given up and failed. And even when I made attempts to lose the weight, I still had this thought in my head, "oh, it will be impossible" and stuff like, "oh, it will take too long... months from now... I want a quick fix.." Well there is no quick fix, and fast weight loss means you're losing muscle too. That's not healthy nor will it LOOK healthy. Slow and steady does it. And it CAN be done. 5 months from now, (or more), it's possible I'll be a whole new me. No, maybe it's not one week from now or even one month, like in my fantasies. But it's better to get there months from now then to wait those aforementioned 5 months, and still be the same unhealthy size, or even worse, bigger and even more unhealthier!

Now that I really truly understand what I'm getting into... and what I have to do to accomplish it... and the sort of positive thinking that I need to have... I am positive that I can do it.

So I'm positive so can everyone else. It really, truly is a matter of fully committing and putting your mind to it.

Good luck everyone!

(If my cheery new-founded motivation has made you want to vomit, lol, I don't blame you! But all of a sudden I had this burst of positive energy. I'm excited!)
Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm excited for you. Positive thoughts your way!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #3  
Healthy mommy

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Melanie, I share your excitement. Getting under 200 was a big deal for me, and the first time I had been there in about 10 years. It's a great thing.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/144/122

Height: 5'3"

Melanie - I love your enthusiasm! It's terrific!

It is soooo important for us to acknowledge each success, no matter how "small" - because they all add up in the scheme of things. This weight didn't come on overnight, and it won't go away overnight...our old habits die hard - but our new ones will endure! We can do it!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #6  
Healthy mommy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

kepp up that great positive attitude cause it will take you far
Old 06-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 146.5/144/125

Height: 5'3"

You can do this, Melanie!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #9  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

One of the things that I've been "big" on lately is stopping the negative "self talk" and being more positive. You know, saying "you can do it" - let's do this - I can do it! I felt kind of corny doing it at first, but I really believe it changes your mindset. Plus, I notice that sometimes people respond to you differently when you're more positive - in a good way.

We can do this, Melanie! Let's go get the pounds and lose them!

And getting under 200 is going to be a huge deal for me. I haven't been 200 pounds since high school. When I get there, I'm making the biggest deal about it. I might even throw a party!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-18-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Closed Thread