Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #1  
Miss Thickness

S/C/G: 198/189/165

Height: 5'7

Talking yessssssssss!!!! OMG

I've been very afraid to weight myself and today i stop by publix to pick up a few things and the husband said the **** with it do it. and i did 2 pounds you guys! i let go the soda I've been having headaches but i know it for the best.
and my husband being drilling me like crazy jogging and walking the track on my days off and in between jobs sometimes 12 am last night 2 am you guys i feel great
ciliciaclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!!!

Giving up the Dr. Pepper and all that caffeine will be an adjustment. Just remember to drink lots and lots of water to help your body adapt.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! I hear giving up soda is extremely difficult by itself. Awesome job
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #5  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Good work! Keep it up!

Individual 0 calorie lemonade and iced tea mixes will help with any soda cravings you might have...the headaches will subside in a few days!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good job! That's great that your husband helps with the exercise!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

- one day at a time, that's how it's done!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #8  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Giving up soda is s hard (I've lost almost 75 pounds and I'm still not soda-free) but if you're doing it now, it's one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself. Think of all the sugar you're not pouring into yourself anymore!

Congrats on losing two pounds!!! Many more to come!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #9  
Operator265

Good job with the pop!!! That's a fanastic first step. Some coffee or tea may help with the headaches. If I don't get a cup after work on the way out, I'm sick by the time I get home. But, if you can tough your way through and give it up totally, it might be even better.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

That is fabulous!! I don't know which is worse-a husband who won't stop eating ice cream in front of his wife(my friend's dh) or a husband who's got his wife out doing laps at midnite and 2 in the morning hmmmm OK i'll take Sargent Hubbie anyday!!

Keep up the good work and continued good luck with the no soda. You know, as i believe someone else mentioned, green tea still has caffeine, but much less and there are all sorts of varieties of flavors. Plus the green tea is supposed to have, antioxidants? can't remember for sure, but that might help you thru the headaches.

I'm a recovering coca cola addict myself and made an exciting discovery recently-i've gone for something like three weeks without a regular coke. The other day i had a lime diet coke and wonder of wonders it actually tasted good! I've tried for a long time to switch to diet coke from regular, but it really took going for several weeks without one to then find a diet coke appealing. I thought that would never happen. Now don't get me wrong-i'm not switching to diet coke. My goal is water mostly, but i don't see why one once in a while won't hurt. Now what to do with the leftover cokes. Who should i inflict them on? One thing is for sure i better get them out of here before i change my mind.

Continued !!
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

WAY YO GO!!!!!

Yup, getting rid of the useless stuff (the soda) and ADDING in exercise WILL result in weight loss. Keep on getting rid of the bad and ADDING in the good. More lost pounds and wonderful feelings will result. It's just the greatest.

I'm SO happy for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote