South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Happy Hump Day

Good Morning Chicks, thought I would start us up as I was up at 5:45 this morning and I don't have to fight for the computer, join me in a cup of Tea/coffee/Water or whatever your heart desires this morning. Whats up for everyone this morning.

Me- Today is day 10 smoke free. Yeah Me. I have not lost any weight but I have not really gained any either. I keep going up and down 3 pounds daily. One day I am up next day I am back down and always right around 3. Weird. Other than that not much. Just trying to get organized for summer vacation. School is over on Friday and my whole routine changes with the kids. So I need to get things ready. Meal plans, games, crafts etc.

I will be back need to pour another cup of tea.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Humpday Chick-Chat

Good Morning!

It's a cool, crisp June morning, feels more like late September. It sure was great sleeping weather last night, though!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it to Caite's graduation last night, Jake was stuck at work and by the time he got home, it was too late. I was a little disappointed at first, but we enjoyed a pleasant evening together, and Caitlyn understands why we weren't there.

I'm not sure what's on today's docket. I have to be at Cindy's early, and we'll just take it as it comes. Too cool to swim, so we'll probably just hang out at their house all day. It's a good day for a trail ride, maybe we'll pack a picnic lunch and do that.

How's everyone's day shaping up?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

lc - That's fantastic! 10 days is quite an accomplishment. Do you know how long it takes nicotine to get out of your system? I can't remember but you must be getting close to that point. Once it's out you can focus on the habits. And no weight gain - I'm impressed! I definitely used quitting as an excuse to eat more crap. You can do this. Heck, you ARE doing this! Quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself and I never, ever regret it. You will be amazed at the things that were impacted by the smoking.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - I was so busy cheering LC on I missed your post Sorry you missed graduation last night but glad to hear it was a nice evening any way. It's been cool here at night too and lovely for sleeping.

Today is my monthly lopsided day. I've got a meeting tonight so will go into work mid-day and get home around 9. I'm going to get a bike ride in this morning after the going to work traffic calms down. I'm also going to make strawberry rhubarb compote to tun into fruit leather and set up the rest of my rhubarb to dry. I'm going to try for more rhubarb at the mid-week farmer's market this afternoon now that the strawberries are out. Need more strawberries too because I ummm ate half of the ones I bought. They were just soooo good.

Have a good day
Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #5  

LC! That's fantastic! I've never smoked, but I do know how hard it is to quit. Probably even harder than losing weight. Each day gets easier and easier, so you are well on your way to succeeding in kicking that nasty habit. I hear you on having to rearrange your schedule when school is out. My girls got out last week, and each day is a different schedule now. It's a good thing I can be flexible, but it sure makes it hard for me to plan anything at home.

Morning, Cyndi!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #6  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

lc-yay for you, 10 days without smoking. I quite alittle over two years ago and it is quite an accomplishment. I know how it feels. I still get cravings till this day but I absolutely refuse to stop and by any cigs. Good for you, stay strong!

me-well, Leo has totally lost it. He has some hallucination issues now with his ptsd. Aaaaahhhhhh, that's all I need. He is now saying that when I was online last night that I was looking at some guys profile on yahoo and it was animated---ok, where, when, how, why? Tell me because I don't recall ever looking at some animated guys profile on yahoo. The only thing I was doing was this website, my cake website, and IMing my niece and cousin. WTF?! Now he's all mad at me, wouldn't touch me last night, wouldn't talk to me this morning--only to move my truck into the garage when he left for work. I hate it stupid ptsd.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Thanks Chicks. Funny this time with quitting I have told everyone, where before I never said anything. So I feel like I am more accountable this time. I am starting to feel better and Cindi- I am not sure how long it takes, but I think I must be getting there. As for the weight thing I am really trying. Have a great day. Cottage- I hear you on the house thing. I find I don't get anything done during the day like I do when the older ones are in school. But we do have alot of fun hanging at the beach on nice days. We just have to walk around the corner. It is great.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

tk- we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the encourgement. And sorry to hear about hubby. What is ptsd? I hope things get better.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #9  
Trying it again....

PTSD-post traumatic stress disorder. it's that thing that alot of the war vets are coming home with from Iraq. It's a very difficult thing to live with. Oh how I can't stand it. It's depression (and all that comes with it), anxiety (and all that comes with it), panic attacks (and all that comes with it), anger (and all that comes with it), high blood pressure(and all that comes with it), hallucinations (and all that comes with it), obsessiveness (and all that comes with it), and so much more (and all that comes with it). Very very hard to live with it.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:58 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a nice little flurry of posts this morning!

Cottage, so sorry about your screw-up last night. I hope you and Jake managed to salvage something of the evening. A trail ride sounds perfect for today.

Cottage, I am just so impressed by your determination! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and for your kids too! You should be very proud of yourself.

CyndiM, I still have some rhubarb but haven't dried any yet. My asparagus has gone to seed but the local farm still has some. I may get some to dry tomorrow. Strawberries are just wonderful right now! When I buy them ($3 a quart) I have to put them in the trunk to avoid snacking on the way home! gaf

TK, I'm so sorry your husband is giving you a hard time. Do you suppose the bikini set him off? I do hope things calm down soon. Leo is seeing a therapist, right?

Rain again overnight - not a lot like the Midwest but enough to make gardening impossible. Good thing as today is just packed with stuff starting with Donna coming to clean this morning. I'll be out most of the day with one dog or the other with pet therapy, allergy shot and a Harry visit and will be so glad to come home to a clean house around 6.

I hope your day is sunny, no matter the weather.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #11  
Trying it again....

Ok, I'm going back to bed now. now that I got my frustration out. Thanks for listening (or reading)!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #12  
Trying it again....

ruth-he for some reason stopped seeing his counselor and i don't know why. I think he feels that because he's on his medicine that all is well and he wants to wait for the med to kick in and see what happens from there. I told him he needs to see his counselor no matter what but he won't. Everytime something like this happens it just leaves me in tears. I won't give up, I know the man inside and I know this is just a sickness. That's why I have learned to move on with my life whether he's along for the ride or not. I can't sit here and do nothing for myself because of him. I don't wanna become 80 years old thinking that I should've done something but didn't because of him. I have a life too. I don't have friends and I don't have family here so I have to push myself(all by myself). He doesn't encourage me much in fear that I'll leave him when I'm looking good. It might have been the bikini but I think it's just the overall new confidence that I have.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #13  

tk,
Old 06-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Congrats LC! 10 days is the greatest. the physical addiction is now gone..,. you did it! yay for you... piece of advice... i quit 13 years ago. there are times I still want a cigarette... JUST SAY NO!

i'm leaving in an hour to go get the big baby from the hospital.

official beck weigh in day 216 today.... up 2 pounds from last week down 2.4 pounds from yesterday... I knew the 214 of last week was a fluke.... a tease... I'll see it again.... I swear this up and down losing is getting on my nerves but at least I don't panic anymore...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #15  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

good morning ladies!! so i was proud of myself this morning....when natalie barged into our room this morning at the ridiculous hour of 5:15 I hopped out of bed, threw on my sweats, grabbed some breakfast for nat, and we both went to the basement -- she had breakfast and played and I got 30 mins in on the treadmill! woo hoo!

it's a busy day ahead so i should probably get going! happy wednesday everyone!!
Closed Thread