Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Default Canuck product questions

I don't feel like green beans are the devil like someone said last week BUT if I eat one more bite of yogurt or cheese I may scream. I don't like milk products at all. So first my COD said get the fat free/sugar free refridg pudding. When I pointed out that there is actually no milk in the "no sugar added" they suggested I buy the fat free/sugar free powder and mix it with skim milk. RIGHT! I am starting to think there is no such thing. I have found fat free but not sugar free and she said no calories.

I love Chai tea lattes but the mix before milk is added is 45 calories for 1/4 of a cup.. Is this a do or a don't?

Also, sugar free/ fat free ice cream (as a starch)? Does this actually exist?

Thanks for your answers in advance as I am slowly going bonkers over here!

Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #2  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

sorry i can't really answer your questions but I too love the tazo chai mix!! I have 8oz soy milk added to 8oz the mix and only count it as my dairy because I didn't know what else to do with it. As for the other stuff I've never really looked for it so I can't say if it actually exists or not.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #3  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I make my own chai with the tea and add my soymilk in there, good iced or warm. I am not sure about the other things but I will keep my eyes open.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

the only fat free / sugar free pudding is in the powder form, you have to make it with skim milk. I think there are only 2 flavors - vanilla and chocolate.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #5  

I buy pc chai tea bags and put 1/4 cup of water in my coffee cup with one tea bag, then I microwave it for one minute, take it out and fill it to the top with skim milk pop it back in the micro for another minute take out the tea bag and add sugar twin to sweeten it up...counts as one dairy! I am also a huge fan of cheese so I eat 2 oz a day and count it as a serving of dairy. I don't even care if it is lite or not (I figure the regular cheese can make up for some of the fat intake I seem to be missing!)
bananalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #6  

Oh so you are not confussed pc is superstore "presidents choice"
Old 06-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks banana for the tip. I like it
Yup, I am a fan of pc brand. In the East it is found at Dominion.
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

There is Sugar free Chai that still has calories and you would count it as a starch I was told. If you type in to google Big Train Chai Tea mix you can buy it in bulk on there. As for the Sugar free fat free Ice Cream I have found it! I will check the brand when I go home and post it tomorrow! Hope this helped.

I was also going to say that I think you could count that mix that you are using as 1/2 Starch.

Last edited by cecil; 06-16-2008 at 05:54 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #9  

No pc chai tea bags are like making a pot of oh I don't know earl grey tea or what ever. There is nothing but the loose spices inside of a tea bag...no starch there!