General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Question PMS and a full moon

Does anyone else have extra trouble when there's a full moon around ovulation? I've always had PMS issues, but I've noticed that for the past 2-3 years, things go completely downhill if a full moon is added to the mix. I get depressed and feel completely hopeless, at the bottom of the pit of despair, I like to call it. I dwell on every problem and can see no way out of the pit. It is scary bad. Then after one to three days in the pit, I wake up and I'm fine, like the switch of hope got turned back on.

I am not taking any medications, and I do not intend to. I am just wondering if anyone else experiences this type of thing, since no one I know can relate.
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I always have PMS issues, but a full moon actually makes me happier than normal, even if I'm PMSing. The full moon restores my spirit, makes me feel 'connected' to the world and the things beyond it...

I wonder what the reasoning is behind the PMS/full moon thing you experience? It could be fascinating to find out why..

~Rina
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:05 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

When I was a teen I used to get horrible PMS, that my mom would look out the window and be all like "yup, its a full moon" I havent really noticed it so much lately though..My schedule is totally off track anyways. So maybe thats why I havent noticed it.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:19 AM   #4  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I am certainly affected, emotionally, by the full moon. I used to laugh when we talked about the kids being 'weird' during a full moon, but then I realised that it affected me too. When I mentioned this to a doctor she said "Well, people are called 'luna'tics for a reason". I suppose that makes it official huh? I have heard/read many times about more crimes happening during a full moon because emotions are stirred up more.

Anyway, because of the affect the full moon has on me, AND hormonal fluctuations, poor hubby knows to be VERY careful THREE times a month, full moon, ovulation and period. And he is definitely in trouble if the full moon coincides with either of the other two. Poor baby!

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 AM   #5  

LUNAtics! Yeah! Thankfully, my husband does seem to be aware enough to realize when I'm not right. I don't get mad at him for saying "is it PMS?", and in fact, sometimes it actually helps when it is pointed out to me. At least then I can tell myself that "this, too, shall pass."

Rina, it sounds like you've got a much better relationship with the moon! Maybe I'll do some studying, and see if I can get that kind of thing going on in my head!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #6  
Operator265

I love watching the phases of the moon and our relationship with it. It represents the phases of Woman for me. The Full Moon represents fertility and motherhood. Many cultures still use the moon to determine planting and reaping times.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #7  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Did we just have a full moon? My PMS normally isn't TOO bad, but this month I'm CRAZY with depression and anger and hopelessness. I've never had it so bad. I just want to cry all day. It's been this way for the past 3 days now. I can't wait until it's over!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

I never get PMS, never have, don't even get cramps. I can't imagine the effects of any object 230,000 miles away would have any effect on one's body.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #9  

Dang! I looked at the wrong week on the calendar. Thought the full moon was last week, but it's tomorrow. Ugh! I don't know how it works, but I'm sure that it does have an effect on me!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #10  
Operator265

It will LOOK huge tomorrow too because it is so close to the horizon. Great night to remember when women were respected for being the creators of life.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #11  

Hmmmm, well, unfortunately I never managed to be a creator of life, but perhaps some sort of communing with the moon is in order!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #12  
Operator265

Next comes the waxing moon, which represents women in the stage of wisdom which is shared with the next generations. We are all valuable for the lessons we have learned and have to share. Everyone of us is of value to our society.

Teach the children is not a phrase reserved for our own children. And BTW, I'm still a child in need of learning.

Last edited by Operator265; 06-17-2008 at 10:16 PM.