Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1163

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #2  

Good Morning,
Lets see how good we can do this week!! I am going to be on plan everyday this week.Also try to get some exercise daily this week. The weather is suppost to be cooler here so im going to try and walk outside again.

penny- my machine is older. Mom got this one when i was a kid. It was a very expensive machine back then. Its is a singer so that should help me try and get a new presser foot. I had a brother machine which hubby got me for christmas one year but it was light weight and if i was doing a lot of sewing it would vibrate really bad. All 5 of us kids went together and bought mom a new machine($1400.00) a few yrs ago and she gave me this one. I sold my other one in a yard sale. Mom seems to think you can buy plastic feet for the machine now.
I am heading out in a few minutes and get my walk. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps - seems I lost track last week and couldn't ever catch up. But here I am! Raring to go.

I think I was on the maintenance wagon last week too and I'm with Debi - this week I am on the veggie and water wagon - my body feels different. Being on the road, then the lake and then fathers day took away my "comfort/control" zone. Nothing stopping me now.

Battle - great to see you - nothing wrong with maintenance. I hope you find the way to deal with the work foods presented - I've found I can't have the first one - the others are easy after I say yes one time. Please keep posting!

Monday morning is here and I need to head out - everyone have a great day.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #4  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

no time for personals
I just needed to vent! in the past 4 weeks I've maintained 2 weeks and lost 2lbs once......I guess I need to really step it up on exercise.........since my eating is keeping the weight off but honestly I haven't felt like exercising at all!

gotta go to work.........its storming and suppose to be 90 today.......NOT a good combination for KY LOL
Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #5  
started 1/28/08

Happy Monday everyone!

Here's my report for last week (6/8-6/14):
Average daily calorie deficit: -708
Walked 5+ miles on 3 days; walked 3+ miles on 2 days
Weight loss: up 3 pounds

I know the fluctuation is probably some water retention from the heat and humidity, but I'm still so annoyed . . . it would have been really nice to see some results from week one back on plan. Oh well . . . when the going gets tough, the tough get going, and I'm going to get going to the park right now!

Julia -- what a nasty family - good job not letting it get to you.

Rat -- sorry about your kitty's tumor! Thanks for posting the link to "why the scale lies" . . . I needed to read that this morning!

Carol -- good luck getting your groove back this week . . . I also find it really hard to stay on track when I'm not home/not in my usual routine

Penny -- stay safe, and congratulations on your loss

dgramie -- great plan for the week - I'll second those goals!

heatherdw -- so glad to hear that the shakeup in your foods got the pounds moving again - KUTGW

Cyn -- have fun at the gym . . . I'm thinking of rejoining a gym, but will probably just stick with walking until I lose a few more pounds . . . stupid I know, because I enjoyed the weight training last go-round and should really get started with it again ASAP

Debbie -- I hear you on the bread . . . it is tough to give up. Does your plan allow whole-grain bread at this point?

angels -- glad you enjoyed your camping trip

brandnewme -- congratulations on your new place . . . enjoy it!

battle -- wow, your trip sounds wonderful . . . you make me want to hop on the next plane! Hang in there . . . maintaining during a period of a lot of change is a big accomplishment and may be the better part of valor.

DMPLS -- I sympathize -- hope we'll both see a good loss this week!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #6  

Just got back from my walk...I did a little over a mile and a half. It felt good and i really worked up a sweat!! The humidy is really high today in KY.
Has anyone made a smoothie with vanilla yogurt and frozen strawberries...yummy. I think i am going to do them this week for breakfast. Something different and cold after my walk.
I think alot of us feel the same way...summer seems to throw plans off and eating is so much harder with all the get togethers. I have been doing ok with my calories but not always getting the most for my calories. I have not been exercising enough but that is changing today!! I also need to increase my water back up to about 8 16 ounce bottles a day instead of the 4-5 i have been drinking.
Well i think im going to go clean a closet..and then hit the dinning room cabinets before starting outside.Hubby is planning on mowing but i may suprise him and do it while he is gone.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! I can't keep up with you all!

Battle -- I agree with maintenance -- try it for as long as you need!

dgramie -- I make yogurt smoothies occasionally, but I love protein smoothies: protein powder, OJ and several frozen berries. Try lots of frozen berries in your smoothie!

I had a great day yesterday. It was Day 2 of scuba training. We started learning different entrances without the tank. Then we suited up and got in the water. The divemaster said, "Go to the bottom of the pool and..." and my brain went "NOPE." I was so anxious and scared! I couldn't do it!

Thankfully they are very patient (I'm guessing I'm not the first) and got me started more slowly and soon enough I was hanging out at the bottom of the pool! Next weekend we move to open water!

Last edited by Heather; 06-16-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #8  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm not MIA...just lurking with little to say. I haven't been trying as hard as I should be and I haven't been tracking. I know I am going back in to WW this week and have nobody to blame for the results but myself. I so do not want to go out of control in Vegas but I also don't want to feel like the only way I can stay away from temptation is to sit up in our room all night. I can do that at home for free. I don't want thevacation to be entirely about eating and drinking either. I am just frustrated.

This will be a very overwhelming week for me work-wise. I have so much to do and on one of my big projects, we just had a bunch of dates fall through and all the motivation I had towards it last week just disappeared last night.

Sorry...wish I had better things to share.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Heather-We air breathers have problems with the idea of just going to the bottom of the pool. It unnerves me so much sometimes that I just prefer to snorkel. Easier on my bad sinuses too.

We went for a long shopping trip yesterday while we had access to a car and driver. Today we are off to give a workshop for the chaplains who work the large psychiatric hospital. This is where they also keep the long term forensic cases. I hope it looks nicer than the one on Silence of the Lambs did. Tomorrow is pool day. It's rare that I get out of the house 3 days in a row. I know it is good for me to slowly build back up the stamina I had before hurting myself last November. I sure didn't expect it to take this long.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 314/305/160

Well, I finally got a scale. and reluctantly stepped on. <sigh> The good news is that it wasn't quite as bad as I had thought, but it's not good either. But now I know where I'm at and able to really plan a few realistic goals for myself. I've been on SBD phase 1 for almost a week so it IS possible that I've dropped a pound or two, but this is what I'm going with for my starting weight.

What is encouraging to me is how easy this has been so far. Ohhh, don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking this will be an easy road at all, but I have been religiously following the plan and have only had a few cravings but I've managed to get through pretty well so far. (i was about ready to sell my left leg for a cold beer the other night though.) But overall, my cravings for sugar and stuff haven't been bad at all. I'm always amused at how much I avoid vegetables sometimes because I really do love them. I've enlisted the partnership of a good friend who drags my butt out for walks when I'm not in the mood and she's such a good motivator. not to mention I've been spending a lot of time hanging out here which had been great motivation and helped keep me focused.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  

hubby won a gift card to a local restraunt. he wanted us to go seeing how i didnt have any of my little kids this morning. So we went..i ordered a grilled chicken taco salad..........i wasnt going to eat the shell.......but i did!!! I came home and figured it up as close as i could and it was 750 calories....lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so im heading out to mow the yard now and burn more calories.LOL
debi
Old 06-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #12  

Hi! My name is Kirsti and I am 300+. I hope it ok for me to jump in.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Ria, nope, on the first phase you get no bread or pasta. Both are my faves, but so far, I just don't have the cravings for them. So that's one hurdle passed. The second phase is where you get to start adding things back in slowly and the one I will be on for the rest of the time losing weight, then on to phase 3 which is maintenance

Debi, how did the closet and cabinet cleaning go? The walk sounds nice and hopefully it wasn't to bad on the humidity. I feel for you people in the mid-west. I wouldn't last a day there.
Yep, even those salads are packed with calories. I try to not eat the shell and have only given in once to eating them when we got them. Hard thing to pass up, isn't it?

Heather, sounds like you are doing really well with the scuba diving after the little incident of not wanting to sit on the bottom of the pool. The open water, now that would be fun!! Just imagine all the things you're going to see!

Julee, sorry to hear your having to deal with so many things. Hopefully they will smooth out soon and things will get back to normal for you.

Catherine, YAY for pool day tomorrow!! Have fun, little guppie!

halcyon, it's great you have someone to help keep you motivated and to get you out walking! I'm on Phase 1 of SB too and don't have the cravings.....so far. We can do this together!!!
There's some great recipes on the SB thread too. I'm going to try the Protein packed cheesecake cups! They look really yummy.

Hi Kirsti, sure just jump on in so we can get to know you!

Went and got the stuff I needed for Phase 1. Man, is it expensive stuff, but in the long run, well worth it. I still have a few things to get on Friday, but I got the staples for it.
Today's another beeeeeutiful day!!! I've even got the windows open. Slight chance of drizzle the next couple of days but I think we are done with the downpours til at September.
Hope everyone is having a great day Op-wise, and drink that water, and move!!
Debbie
Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #14  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Kirsti
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #15  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Kristi!!!! Jump right in and tell us what your plan is. I am counting calories and portion sizes.
Closed Thread