South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Moaning Monday Chat

Good morning! The sun is just starting to shine on the deck so come and sit for a cup of your beverage of choice. Sorry but no beer or wine this early!

Today is the usual Monday flurry. The lads will be here by eight to do more work on my barn so I need to get the coffee organized and some muffins thawed. They will probably finish up this week and then there will be painting to see to. I will be glad to be able to put away all my gardening stuff IN the barn instead of hanging around outside. It looks VERY messy.

Planting, dog training, quilting, banking and strawberry picking are on the agenda for today. What's on yours? (I assume Cottage will be recovering from her big grad/birthday bash and will be reporting in soon.)

Happy No Moan Monday!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Aww, are you sure there's no moaning allowed this morning, Ruth? The last guests didn't leave until the wee hours of the morning, then it took me a while to unwind before I could sleep. If I didn't have to be at Cindy's early today, I think I'd still be in bed.

The party was a huge success, it must have been since no one wanted to go home! The house is a mess, and the yard and pool look like a tornado has hit it. Monica and her crew will be back out here this afternoon to clean up, and I'm going to leave everything just as it is for them.

Oh my, I need more coffee badly!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies. Nothing much going on here. I bought my 20lb loss reward yesterday....a bikini!!! I am so happy. Leo doesn't want me to wear it because all the guys will stare!! Made a toolbox cake for him for fathers day but he couldn't even guess what it was. I hadn't finished the tools but couldn't get the box. My oldest had to give him hints as to what it was. The boys helped me bake the cake. By the end of the night we were all in a powder sugar fight. It was fun but sticky. I didn't finish the tools for the cake, I had a lazy and irritating day yesterday.

Hope all is well in you corner of the world.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

I woke up at 5 AM to the power going off. Oh joy. Decided to just go for my walk without my first cup of coffee. I survived but I don't recommend it

Ruth - Good luck with the barn finishing! Sounds like another busy day in your corner of the world. I need to see if the pick your own strawberry places are open yet. I was desperate enough to pay $5 for a pint this weekend but want more!

Cottage - Wow, sounds like a successful party and a coffee-ful day. My latest discovery when I need a boost is Emergen-C. We go through a lot of it in our office during the winter because it's a great way to get vitamin C. Turns out it's also a really good energy booster - dare I say it, even better than coffee. Worth a try if you can find it.

TK - congrats on the bikini! I actually bought one but only wear it with a top over it. I've discovered that deep down I'm really a prude

We are expecting rain all day here so not a bad day to be stuck in the office.

Have a good day!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

No moaning Monday, wait, is that directed at me? I don't think I can start the week without a little moaning. The weekend was nice, but quick as always. The kids are sleeping in, enjoying their first "real" day of no school. Two meetings today that I will attend by telecon. Then I hope to finish the day out on a pleasant note at the pool, if everyone is healthy enough. We've got lots of leftovers from the BBQ last night, so I won't need to cook anyway.
Feeling sad this morning because I found out that my brother and SIL have split up. They have been married almost 20 years and have two great kids. We have never had a divorce in my family before, and I am so sad for all of us.

Glad everyone had a great time at your party, cottage.
Ruth, your day sounds lovely and productive.
Hi tk, a powdered sugar fight! Sounds sticky. Congrats on the bikini. I'm sure you look great in it.
Hi Cyndi, we were simultposting! Thanks for reminding me that I need to walk this morning. Now that the kids are out of school, I won't automatically get my 40 minutes walking in every day, so I'm really going to have to work at it now. I've been slacking off on the exercise lately anyway, hmmm, think that has anything to do with my scale not budging for the last few weeks?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-16-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, strawberries are just starting and pick-your owns are not yet open. I have my own patch which are pretty early - and small this year. Pre-picked are $3.50 a quart up the road at the Farm.

Cottage, I hope you can work in some relaxation today. It sounds like the party was a huge success! Moan if you want - we'll ignore it.

TK, congrats on the bikini purchase. You must feel good. I wouldn't know where to start to make a toolbox cake and tools would boggle my mind. I did make a beaver cake for Canada Day one year that was a huge success. I wish I'd taken a picture. I do remember using Chicklets for the teeth, liquorice for claws and dark brown M&Ms for eyes. If I feel inspires, I may do another one this year.

Time's a'wastin' so I'm outta here to move my car so the lads can get the big trailer into the lane.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

at Schmoodle. Simulposting is rampant today! Sorry about the family breakdown. It's so hard for everyone. We both need to pull up our knickers and get back on track. My ticker is a liar this morning!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!!

Ruth - the coffee today is great! Thanks for reminding me....I should go pick strawberries today!

Cottage - glad the party went so well!

TkG- Heh heh heh, LOVE the toolbox idea! You're much more ambitious then I am! I'm looking forward to getting a two piece eventually....but not quite yet....congrats on it!

Cyndi - NO COFFEE!?!? Wow...might need to get some instant! or, walk to the gas station?!?!

Schmoodle - sorry about the brother. Shocking, sometimes, what happens. I hope it is amicable.

Me- No work today!! I was thinking of going for a long hike, but rain might interfere. So I must go shopping instead!! It was an awesome weekend...my 3 and 5 year old actually behaved! No moaning here (today anyway)!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks... sorry about being MIA but things have been crazy. We did a big yard sale on sat, and sunday we went to visit my hubbys dad for the day. Then we came home to a little nap. Then I got a phone call that my step dad is in the hospital, not looking good, he has cancer and the admitted him for phnemoia(?) things do not look promising. But I will report that I am on day 8 of being smoke free. Yeah me. Well gotta to dash need to take oldest dd to the eye dr and then youngest is off to have her 4 teeth removed what a day we will have. I will try to check in later.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning all. at work
dogs are home (with pictures from their time at the spa LOL)
hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies. Quick post as my dh is calling Chicago this morning for an interview for the magazine that writes for and needs the computer. Weekend was full, but I still managed to loose, which is GREAT! I'm back at my 2nd goal lost w/ 20+ pounds under my belt. Today I changed things up and ate 3 strawberries before the workout and then had a protein shake immediately after (not bad). I actually found one made w/ stevia. Alrighty....he's got to get on the computer. Have a great Monday Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Sorry, but this is a fly-by for me today! Back at work and things aren't too bad - but I should get started and make sure I'm caught up. Well - off to work!

Have a great day!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

this weekend leo found two baby birds in our front tree. Everytime we go out there they are sticking their heads up wanted food. Their mommy is probably watching us from another tree waiting for us to leave so she can feed them. Poor babies.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in for me as it's a busy day at work. Had a blast of a weekend in daytona and can't wait to go back next month.

Cottage glad the part was a success

Schmoodle for you and your family
Old 06-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks, I am HUNGRY today. Stress, and imminent TOM. I hate these days. Here's what I've had so far: 2 egg and bacon cups, coffee with milk, tomato juice, a piece of cheese, a handful of peanuts, a piece of turkey breast, some raw cauliflower, 32 oz water. Here's what I looked at and wanted to eat but have resisted: stone ground "whole" wheat crackers but definitely not whole grain, an oat and honey granola bar, a NSA fudgesicle, more cheese. Now I am just staying out of the kitchen until 12:30 lunchtime, but I really want to keep nibbling, nibbling, nibbling...

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-16-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread