Old 06-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #1  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Yoga Booty Ballet

Hey, does anyone else do YBB? I have been doing it for a year and i've lost 30 lbs! It would be great to get some feedback or answer any questions anyone has about it.

Last edited by painted lady; 06-09-2008 at 09:03 PM.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Yes, I love it!!!! I prefer the "Live" DVDs. I lost about 40 lbs with Slim in 6, and another 15 with YBB. I recently bought Turbo Jam, and that has been a blast too.
RNmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #3  

I was going to get this but for some reason the ladies seem weird in what they say at the start of the workout. When you tap your fingers to Kill something lol I forgot but after hearing that I did not download this. Seems they were in another world
Applez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Could someone describe YBB? It sounds intriguing.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #5  

go to you tube and type in yogo booty ballet they have the Ab Goddess one there
Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #6  
Booty-Tron

YBB is a combination of dance, yoga, and ballet (just like what the name suggests!) that is really fun and addictive. Each workout starts with a meditation section (some mudras or poses) and an intention. Your intention can be anything, from a positive image of yourself to a workout goal to a life goal. Lately my intention has been, "I will be soft and powerful."

Yeah, it's a little cheesy and weird, but it's so fun. The spiritual parts can freak people out at first... Like connecting yourself to the earth and heart energy and all that.
The clip on YouTube is actually from AM Latte, but it's a good example of the Master Series (which is just the two main instructors, no backup people).

in general, i really like all the Beachbody workout DVDs. they have a high production value.

Last edited by painted lady; 06-14-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added something
Old 06-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/132/100

I have the dvd's and I am trying to get back in to it but I am on of those people that yoyo's if i dont have some on i can talk to that can keep me on point. and I lost my goddess booklet that gives you the work out breakdown for beginner I am way out of shape after having my son 9 monthes ago and i have been lazy since then. =(
viksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #8  
Booty-Tron

no worries viksmom, i have the goddess guide right in front of me! here's the breakdown for the 7 day exercise program (for beginners):

Day 1: The Rehearsal and Total Toning Basics
Day 2: Cardio Cabaret
Day 3: Advanced Fat Burning
Day 4: Hip Hop Abs
Day 5: Advanced Fat Burning
Day 6: Cardio Cabaret
Day 7: Advanced Fat Burning

I would recommend that anyone who has done YBB before invest in the Masters Series. I LOVE those. they include: Goddess Abs, Goddess Booty, Yoga Core, AM Latte, Sculpt, and Cardio Core. They are slightly more advanced, but for people who don't really like all the dancing, they are awesome. They mostly involve mat work and ball work.

If anyone has any more YBB questions, I am obsessed, so I can help!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #9  

Is this the right YBB one It is Hip Hop Abs( it will not let me post the link to it but you can pm me for it)
There are 4parts you can download

This one is there also:
Cardio Cabaret and all parts are there also.

Did these work for you? I can also go pass the beginning lol if you saw a difference.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/132/100

Painted Lady,
Thanks so much that will help me get started.
viksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #11  
Booty-Tron

YBB is incredibly effective if you stick with it and give it your best shot. i've lost 30 pounds in the past year.

Applez, i don't know what you mean... there is a YBB workout called Hip Hop Abs and then there is also a whole separate unrelated program called Hip Hop Abs. I'm referring to the YBB one.

Last edited by painted lady; 06-16-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #12  
Booty-Tron

also, just give the cheesy meditation part a chance. it seems really stupid at first, but you'll get into it. and if not, just sit there and think about kicking *** in your workout. or fast forward.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #13  

I was talking about the Yoga BB Hip Hop Abs one. So is that one different then then the Goddess Workout from YBB?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #14  
Booty-Tron

there are two goddess workouts, Abs and Booty. ok, let me go get my huge pile of DVDs and write a little bit about each one.

Total Toning Basics: this one involves free weights and is really good to do if you are tired/want to buff up your arms without being in pain the next day.
Advanced Fat Burning: lots of ballet! there's a ballet section that sucks so bad to do, but your results are fantastic.
Goddess Booty (Masters Series): results!! i love this one. lots of mat work for your bum.
Yoga Core (Masters Series): a little more advanced, so wait to do this one until you are pretty good at the yoga poses and your arms are stronger.
Goddess Abs (Masters Series): it hurts so good. this workout is fantastic for getting a washboard.
AM Latte (Masters Series): this is good to do on a Saturday morning because you get to do the first part in bed! and then it wakes you up.
Abdominals and Core Strength (Masters Series): three 12 minute sections that work from easy to hard. you can do one or all.
Sculpt (Masters Series): free weights and a good yoga section.
Complete Body Shaping (Live): you need body resistance bands, a Squishy Ball (you can get one from the Beachbody website), and a mat. your arms will get super defined.
Body Sculpting, Bollywood Style (Live): fun Indian-flavored dance routine followed by a resistance band session.
Go-Go (Live): silly, 60s-themed dance party!
Hip Hop Abs (Live): funky dance section followed by a nice abs routine.
Cardio Cabaret (Live): short and sweet! sexy dancing (you get to shake your booty and pretend to take off your stockings!) with a good ballet part at the end.
Latin Flavor (Live): super fun! dancing, then a "floor bar" ballet section.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #15  
Booty-Tron

and those are just the ones i own!