General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Unhappy Tim Russert

I was so sad to hear about the passing of Tim Russert earlier today at work. I really thought he was such an articulate person, and I enjoyed listening to his insights about politics. I remember when I was doing a semester interning on Capitol Hill in DC as a senior in college that some of my classmates would wake up early Sunday mornings (sometimes after a very late night out) to go watch Meet The Press. That was the kind of pull he had to people interested in politics. It makes me very sad when we lose people like Tim Russert who add such a knowledgable voice to something like politics.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It's so sad. And he was so young...non-smoker. I never would have imagined he would have a heart attack so severe that, even with prompt medical attention, he couldn't be saved.

A reminder that life can be fleeting for any one of us.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I was wondering if anyone would mention it. I have been crying as if I knew this man personally. I respected him so much. I loved his smile. He always looked as if he was truly enjoying his job and his life.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I don't know if I could stand an election year without him. My heart goes out to his family. It's absolutely tragic to lose a loved one so suddenly. I always respected him for his rounded perspective. He was incredibly good at what he did and probably the only trustworthy, critical-yet-unbiased political analyst out there.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #5  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

This was very sad news.. He was a political genius... I can still remember in 2000, election night, he kept saying its all coming down to Florida, We didn't know what the heck he was talking about... But... sure enough it came down to Florida... all of those re-counts and hanging chads.. for many months after that... I feel bad, he was so excited about this election process... Election night will never be the same...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

It is truly sad.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #7  
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

I know I certainly didn't know him, but boy, it really did shock me. I feel so sad. I see him on the news all the time and watch Meet the Press. He was funny, smart, & articulate. Tim Russert seemed to be a genuine person. It's very sad. I thought I was over reacting.
Amy
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I was so sad when I read the news and saw this. I will admit to having a tiny crush on him - I loved it when he appeared on the Today show, explaining nuances of politics in ways that were articulate and (IMO) unbiased. He was never antagonistic with the politicians he interviewed, but he didn't pander to them, either.

As my mom would always say, putting her stamp of approval on someone, "He was a class act."
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I was just reading that he had "asymptomatic cardiovascular disease" that was being treated, but that a cholesterol plaque ruptured and caused a thrombosis.

I read once that in 60% of heart attack cases, the first symptom is death.

I'm sorry that he's gone...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

He will be missed! His wit and integrity are rare in his profession. He was very, very good at what he chose to do and obviously enjoyed it very much. He will leave a hole that will not be easily filled as the election process continues this year.

My prayers go out to his family and friends!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I adored that man! He asked questions that stumped people and questions that us "little people" wanted to know the answers to. He was very funny as well. He indeed will be missed!
fancy daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sunday mornings will never be the same. I loved his show, although I missed it a lot because of church, unless Angie and I went to Saturday night or late Sunday service. Prayers for his family as they go through this tough time.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote