Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #1  
Miss Thickness

S/C/G: 198/189/165

Height: 5'7

Default Ok I知 going to stop the B-S-ing RIGHT Now!!!!

Excuse my French but you guys have become my family and now it痴 time
For me to come clean.
I have hypertension, anemia, and an anxiety depression disorder and I知 22 years of age.
I develop the hypertension when I was pregnant with my son. He痴 one now and I still have the hypertensions. On top of that I work two full time jobs. I really need support from you guys. I need a healthy way to lose this weight.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Personally I like calorie counting because it allows you to eat things you want in moderation. You don't always have to give up the things you like. I also find its very effective. It can be time consuming but once you get the hang of it, it becomes habit and you actually feel weird NOT doing it.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

As I asked in another thread, how much do you weigh? How tall are you? What do your doctors say about your conditions?

Jay
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jay asks good questions!

In the meantime, some people like to dive in and make changes, others like to "baby step" and make a couple of changes here, a couple there. Speaking as a baby-stepper, I was overwhelmed when I started and just started by bringing lunch and snacks to work and watching portions. That's how I changed my eating the first month. After that, I started calorie counting...

Make a commitment, and then make a change!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

cilicia answered me via PM. cilicia, you can do it! Those 30 pounds can leave--you just have to find a program that works for you. And be sure to ask your doctor--maybe get a referral to a dietitian to learn more about nutrition and weight loss.

Jay
Old 06-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

I definately think you have to find what works for you. I too started with baby steps, such as eating more whole foods, fruit and veggies...but then i went to calorie counting. But definately get your approval of you dr first to find out what foods you need and need to avoid due to your underlying health issues. I think a dietician/nutritionist is also a good idea. But for me...calorie counting works the best. But just start with eliminating a lot of crap you eat...for example, instead of a bag of chips try celery..if you must have chips...try baked etc. Watch your potions. And start mild exercise (due to your hypertenstion, get you dr's approval first) but start moving even if its just a small walk everyday.

good luck!!!!!! you can do it.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #7  
On a mission AGAIN!!!!

S/C/G: 251/248.4/199

Height: 5"6

Sweetie...... Do not be so hard on yourself, we all get excited when we learn the time is now! it will not be overnight and it is a lifestyle change not a diet! that may help you. Park futher away from the door of the store, move arounf more take your son to the park and swing on a swing as well!!! eat when your hungry instead of snaking and then being like well thats all i had I need to eat eat!!! remember you are in control of everything you put in that stomach...... and it has to go somewhere!! Take a deep breath and relax
Old 06-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

You can do it, and the first step is to COMMIT to yourself!
Closed Thread