Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #1  

Unhappy What could be going on here??

I just don't get it, in march i started to add jogging to my walk's( & someday's i can run up to 4 mile's and i do this everyday ). I guess i should also add that i have done ww for abt 5 or 6 yr's now, I ride bike abt 4 day's a week also (abt 28 mile's. So when i started to add running to my walk's (i have been a walker for abt 4yr's) My weight was 145 lbs when i started it's still 145 lbs my measurment's are also still the same?? , i have been stuck at this weight for over 4 yr's now and i have tried everything to get the scale to move but i guess it's stuck too? So i have been at this for over 4yr's so i can't still be building muscle, when i got down to 145 is when i said to myself i need to add exercise to get the rest of this weight off (my goal being 130 i'm 5'4), I just don't get it

Three months ago dr put me on hrt's (i'm peri). The hrt's was for my exstream dryness down there, well my pap came back as abnormal for the third time, so now my dr is sending me to a gyn, Last time i was in the dr's office i told her abt how dry my skin & nail's have become (my hair fall's out & the breakage is really bad , my nail's peel and have become really weak). (I started taking Biotin & msm for my hair ,l'll give anthing a try at this point), anyway's my dr did some blood work & everything has came back within range. And as far as sex i could really care less if i ever had it again, my poor dh. I guess i'm just feeling really frustrated today , thank's for letting me vent.

Last edited by chuckie; 06-12-2008 at 03:46 PM.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Chuckie.

I was thinking are you taking in enough calories? You're doing a lot of exercise.

Do you journal? Maybe you should keep track of how much you are eating.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

You don't say anything about your diet. What are you eating?

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #4  

I'm thinking that maybe i'll go off ww for a while and see what happens, I'll still keep a food journal i just won't count pt's. That will not be easy for me i've done it for so long. I eat very healthy whole food and plan to keep on with that,I wonder if i'm just to nit picky with my pt's? I'll see what happens in a couple of week's.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chuckie...have you tried weight training? Building muscle really does help boost metabolism, IMHO. You really don't have much more to lose, the last 15-20 pounds are the hardest.

Jillian Michaels has a book called Making the Cut - it's geared towards people who are close to goal. Her workout plans will kick your butt. Her food plans are pretty good guidelines as well. It requires a decent amount of commitment, tho.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #6  

I'll look into the book, thank you. I know that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose but this has been going on for close to 3.5 yr's. I have used weight's this has helped in toning me up .
Old 06-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Chuckie - I hope you feel better soon.

When I was on WW and I used their Activity Points calculation it gave me WAY too many points. I was eating the points and not losing any weight.

I bought a heart rate monitor to more accurately keep track of what I was burning. 100 calories burned = 1 point.

Good luck to you!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

But, on the bright side, you haven't gained any weight either. HRTs and menopause can be really rough on our metabolisms. There was a thread earlier today with a link to an article about women who had never struggled with their weights who were suddenly developing fat deposits when they got close to menopause. There's lots of us here who are living proof that you CAN lose weight "later in life" but you may have to make a few adjustments - There may be something you've been eating all your life that was never a problem before that, because of the changes in your body chemistry, your suddenly just not metabolizing as well.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote