South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chatter

Good morning on this lovely June day! It's a bit cooler and the humidity has gone away, it's a great day to be outside.

This morning though, the girls and I have a lot of running to do. We're hosting my granddaughter's graduation party here on Sunday, and I have a lot to do to get ready for it. Last count I got from Monica was that we're expecting around 50 adults and 10 kids, so I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't rain. There will be canopies, but I still don't want wet feet tromping through my house.
We'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon swimming here. Cindy has a polo game tonight, so I'll just have Richard pick up the girls here.

What's everyone doing today?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning cottage!

sounds like you've got a busy day..graduation is fun, tho! what a milestone. again : pool envy!! temps have dropped a bit but still clear and sunny skies. just two more weeks and blessed summer break..(can you tell i am counting down the days ) time to grab another iced coffee and put my face on..

happy almost friday y'all!

Last edited by jandaman; 06-12-2008 at 06:17 AM. Reason: bloopers
Old 06-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good glorious cool morning here. It was so nice to sleep with windows open and a light quilt.

My ISP was up and down all day yesterday - storm backlash, I guess - and I have an inbox of bounced emails to deal with this morning after I get the garbage to the curb. I kept it in the house last night to avoid any raccoon parties on the back deck!

The rest of today will be busy - Good Food Box Distribution and a trip to town for a haircut and some shopping will fill things up. Right now I'm going to get into my garden duds, lug the garbage out and then get some plants in the ground. I planned that yesterday but life intervened - actually I was crabby and stressed and just pouted with myself!

Have a great Thursday - or Thorsday as Jandaman says. May it be even better than your Wodensday.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks It's so nice to have electricity again!

Cottage - Sounds like another busy weekend. Keeping for sun!

Jandaman - Is it just me or are those two weeks before a vacation the longest two weeks of the year?!

Ruth - I love good sleeping weather Enjoy your gardening. I hope to get in mine this afternoon. I ate all the mustard now I need to plant more!

I'm back from my morning walk. Now that it's light and warm I've been enjoying AM walks. It's so much quieter! It's CSA day so tonight's dinner will revolve around my box of goodies. It's all greens right now

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shucks! Just checked and today is not Good Food Box (CSA)! At least that clears my morning and I can get veggies in town this afternoon. Glorious morning out there and I'm off to plant - after a petting session with Disney. She seems to need her petting tank topped up every half hour. I guess she's been pretty deprived the past few years.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

G'morning chicks, great sleeping weather here too. I even had to get up in the night and put a light blanket on. Even so, didn't sleep great. Woke up when DD came home at 12:47, at 4:40 for the blanket and remembered to put tooth fairy $ under a pillow, then at again at 6, when I should have just gotten up, but went back to sleep. This afternoon we've got DS's little elementary school graduation. I can't think of anything else to say, except Freitag is almost here!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

*rubbing eyes* Morning girls. I need my green tea. Like, NOW! A little groggy. Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep right away.

My poor Tommy is having such a rough time with quitting smoking. He hasn't cheated or anything, he's just moody and can't help it. I feel so bad for him. Plus, I'm ready to have my Tommy back. I know he can't help it, but sometimes it still sucks.

Gotta work today and then tomorrow I start dog-sitting. Oscar and Sophie will be in my care for a week. Gotta run by my parents' house tonight to get the scoop on Sophie's medications. She just had doggie back surgery and is on a ton of pills, the poor thing.

Well, should get my tea so my headache goes away. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #8  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Just saying hi! I've got a fussy baby this morning.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Why is this week going sooo slow?

Cottage I hope everything works out for the party this weekend

Ruth enjoy your day in town

Schmoodle I hope you get a chance to take a lil nap

Lisa best of luck with the dog sitting and Tommy

Cyndi way to get that workout done early

Natsmom hope all is well with baby

Hello to everyone else!

Busy evening for me as I gotta get some more laundry done & packing done as we are heading to Daytona Beach for the weekend a lil fathers day gift to him from the furbaby.

Last edited by GONNABE165; 06-12-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Shucks! Just checked and today is not Good Food Box (CSA)! At least that clears my morning and I can get veggies in town this afternoon. Glorious morning out there and I'm off to plant - after a petting session with Disney. She seems to need her petting tank topped up every half hour. I guess she's been pretty deprived the past few years.
see that's my fear Ruth.. what if i join CSA and i get food i can't use?

Morning all

scale up to 215.4 no worries... normal pattern for me.

cooler here today
nicer too...
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies! Happy Thursday!
Cottage - Glad to hear that thing cooled down for you last night. Have fun getting ready for the party.

Janda - You have two more weeks....I thought you were done this week!! I've go through to next Friday, but then we are done with the regular school session. We come back, however, on the 30th for 6 weeks of summer school. Hang in there, you're almost done!

Ruth - How's Hershey doing? You haven't talked about her in a while. Is she minding all of the attention you're giving Disney? Have a fun day in town. And enjoy your time getting pampered.

Cyndi - I hope your CSA box is as exciting as the last one you got!

Schmoodle - What do you mean about putting $ under the pillow for the tooth fairy??? Did she have the night off??? Maybe she and Santa and the Easter Bunny all took a summer vacation I hope you have the chance to take it easy today since you did get good sleep.

Weezle - Keep supporting your Tommy! He'll make it through. Have fun with the pups this weekend!

Nat's Mom - Have a good day at work!!!

Gonnabe - Love the new avatar! Have fun at Daytona.

Nessa - Posting at the same time....Have a good day!

Me - Bragging moment....So I told you all that I was going kayaking yesterday, well it had been about 8 years since I had done it, and I was in MUCH better shape when I was kayaking regularly. So yesterday I worked so hard to stay up with my students, but I did and it was great and I kayaked for over an hour. We had so much fun!!! We ended up seeing these moon jellies that look like jellyfish, but they don't sting. We could touch and hold them. It was really cool.
Does anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance? Just curious to know if it's worth my while to share about the show.
Anyhow....have a great day, ladies!!!!
ENJOY!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 06-12-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone I am on countdown till next Wednesday when we go on vacation, I am with you Gonnabe this week is dragggging.....

Cottage -sounds like you have another busy today

Ruth, Scmoodle, Cyndi, Gonnabe- Have a good day today

Lisa- Good luck dog sitting

Natsmom- hope your baby gets to feeling better
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Forgot to say hi to Janda

Nessa and Hmacneil were posting at the same time- Hello and great Job Hmacneil

What is CSA?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Heather thanks for the complement on the avatar but I am changing it again as it seems so far away
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
Morning ladies! Happy Thursday!
Cyndi - I hope your CSA box is as exciting as the last one you got!
The great thing about my CSA is that I know exactly what I'm getting. He sends a list each week and we get to order from that. I'm all about the greens so it's collards again (warm collard slaw for dinner!), chard, beet greens, and komatsuna (a new one for me - can't wait to try it). We live in a CSA rich area and have lots of choices with different options. This one also happens to be just 2 miles from my house - so very local
Closed Thread