Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #1  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Default Waking up hungry!

Well it's only day three of my diet and i've ran into one of the biggest problems i've had in the past. I wake up VERY, VERY hungry. The thing is, i'm eating great throughout the day and i'm never hungry in between meals. I eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner and drink plenty of water. I'm pretty sure this will go away once my body gets used to me eating the right amount of food and not the large amount it's used to. Do you guys have any tips on how to get rid of this problem in the mean time? I'm scared i'm going to start binging in the morning because i'm so hungry and eat way more than I actually need/want.
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I always wake up hungry but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I simply have breakfast. Do you have a problem with getting your breakfast as soon as you get up?

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #3  
Excited!

I usually wake up at 7:00, workout and get a shower. Then I eat around 8:00. It's not being hungry that bothers me... it's the idea that I'll over-eat because I think I need it.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Waking up hungry is a good thing. It means you're not overeating at night. Just eat a healthy breakfast that contains protein and good carbs and you should be able to avoid overeating. For example, egg whites with wheat toast and some fresh fruit is a great way to start your day. Add a couple tall glasses of water to that and you should satisfy the hunger monster.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #5  
Changing for the better

I would suggest breaking your breakfast in half - eat a snack, such as a granola bar or a banana/piece of fruit, before working out. It will give you more energy and keep you from binging later on. Then eat something small again after you work out, like something with protein that will reinforce your exercise. I have the same issue, except I don't exercise in the morning.....I have to hold myself back from overeating by accident so I don't feel too full. Usually I have fruit and a piece of toast, or a small bowl of cereal topped with berries/a banana.

I would think you'd be less likely to overeat as well if you remind yourself that you don't want to spoil all the hard work you just did at the gym!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  
Excited!

I think I will try splitting it in half. I'd never thought of it.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I wake up completely starving myself, but it's fine as long as I eat as soon as I'm up, paying mind to eating slowly so my body/mind has a chance to register that I'm becoming full, so I don't overdo it.

I second the people who say to make sure you have protein with breakfast, and also I think the splitting breakfast in half idea is a very good one.

~Rina
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #8  

Why does waking up hungry concern you? That's why it's called "break the fast" because we're supposed to be hungry after not eating for so long. Plan a small nutritious breakfast and go workout. Mid-morning, have a small nutritious snack. Drink plenty of water...
gmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote