General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Got Tomatoes?

Holly Molly FRIEDGREEN what are we gonna do?

All the tomatoes gone off the shelves with the recent salmonella scare...dang

My 3 plants are a ways from really taking off.....now if I can just keep my one golden retriever, Reba, out of them....she loves eating them off the vine...

So...Bacon ~ Lettuce ~ and ?......what? .....what will we ever do?

Aren't you all getting tired of this? I am!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-10-2008 at 08:26 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I thought this was going to be about the salmonella outbreak!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

No SOUL!...it's all about ME and MY needs for tomatoes!

Heck what kind of soup can you have with a grilled cheese sandwich if not tomato?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

LOL
You take a bite of me, I have plenty ..... though Angie may have an issue with that.
I don't know anything about salmonella scare, but 3FC is to blame for my ignorance. Since I have become a chick, my mind is focused on exercise and healthy eating and I don't have time to watch TV. (It did not help that for the last 5 days I was working on a long tedious translation .... I don't even know if my remote control still works).

Now since we speaking of dogs and tomatoes - I paid a ton of money ($12.99 plus tax) on a quite big plant of cherry tomatoes ... at least so said the tag. I don't think so! the tomatoes are shaping up to be little squat monster, there is nothing there resembling cherry tomatoes. (Basically they look as if you took a mid-size tomato and squished to a bit to flatten it). And I see Enta has her pretty nose in it all the time - gotta talk to her about it!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I love my tomatoes and at the moment only have flowers on my plants. It will be a wee while before I have any ready to eat.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't think I can LIVE without tomatoes! They're on the Low G.I. Index & I eat them in sandwiches, soups, salads, & all by themselves! I love tomatoes! Stupid salmonella.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #7  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

its a sad sad day .... i love tomatoes too .... i dont know what ill do with out them ...... grilled cheese and no tomato soup ? mozerella and ______ salad? Home made Marinara sauces ..... all of it tossed out the window !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #8  
Operator265

I thought they were just certain ones(red roma, red plum and round red) and that you can use canned tomatoes. Atleast according to the Salt Lake Trib yhis morning.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I have 10 tomato plants planted and have really been babying them. I CANT WAIT TO EAT FRESH TOMATOES, I WILL BE IN TOMATO HEAVEN, I CANT WAIT!!!!! I hope mine turn out, last year they didnt do so well. Please, please, let me yield lots of tomatoes!! I have been pinching blooms off so my plants can get big first, I hope I am not messing up doing this. When they get about two feet tall I am gonna stop pinching them off!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I had a terrible experience at Chipotle on Sunday - it's one of the few healthy delicious "fast food" options. I always get the chicken bol, no beans, 2 big scoops of pico de gallo, a ton of romaine and 1/2 serving of guacamole.

No pico de gallo.

I tried the corn salsa but it was way too sweet, and their other salsas are very spicy (I usually get a little of the hot on the side and add a tiny bit on occasional bites).

Not going back to Chipotle until the tomatoes are BACK.

My grocery store still has plenty of tomatoes, grape tomatoes and "tomatoes on the vine" are considered safe. I bought 4 vine tomatoes yesterday and ate one last night!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

My friend's friend works for the FDA. One night he got drunk and we started talking about the organic movement. He said there's alot he's not allowed to say, and that the FDA is seriously corrupted. All this salmonella crap going on the last few years is due to improper irrigation, and the FDA has ties to the big business farms, so they don't force the farms to put in better irrigation systems, which are very expensive. Instead they make up false stories about what caused the outbreak to ease the public. He said one time he laughed out loud at a meeting when they announced the 'cause' of the spinach epidemic, which was 'pigs running through cow dung then dragging it through the spinach fields'. His boss pulled him aside and asked him if he was serious about staying employed. Then he shut his mouth. But now he won't by anything that does not have the certified organic sticker on it. That's the only thing that is independent of the FDA and has strict rules. He's a real 'fast-food' guy and after working for the FDA he said he's afraid to really eat anything at all!

I am sick of businesses not caring about our health, or people's lives. :P
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

What are we to believe about the tomatoes? I try not to get my info from the news. I know, it's weird, but I think CNN lies. Do I need to throw away my tomatoes or am I cool?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Mug
Me too, I grow everything I can. I know my veggies are safe.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I'm with you GLORY on the pico de gallo!

I bought 2 packs of grape tomatoes at Ralphs (Krogers) today...ate them...not sick!

I also bought 2 new cherry tomato plants today for Angie to plant, the lady at the garden center said we over watered the last one.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm have 2 tomatoes growing right now...just another week or so
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote