Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Accountability/menu/planning, etc - week of June 8 - 14

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.
-----------------------------

This is my "maintainence day" for calories.

Breakfast--two slices wheat toast, dab of butter/jam, hot tea, grapefruit
Lunch--pita bread, chicken salad sandwich, raw sugar snap peas, 1 ww Fig Newton
Snack--mini V-8 drink
Dinner--roast chicken, inst mashed potatos, green beans, low-fat canned crescent roll, iced tea.

~1700 calories, 17g fiber.

How was everyone's weekend?

Last edited by Darkblue; 06-08-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....I had a good on plan day yesterday. It's 5 in a row now. I am so, so grateful. I got in a few minutes of chair exercises.

working

stretches - chair exercises
ice/heat/Tens unit
lots of water
log food
meditate

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - 'fried egg white and mushroom, onions and brown rice, steamed carrots
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - pancake night - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon stips, sf syrup
snack - cinnomon toast, sf hot chocolate, peanbutter spoon.

Have a GREAT day everyone.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I was on-plan all last week, and pretty good over the weekend, except I did eat a few bites of cake at my niece's graduation party yesterday. I did not show a loss for the week, so hopefully I will have something to show for my efforts at next Saturday's weigh-in. It is brutally hot and muggy here and we don't have AC so that will be helpful in the eating department this week - I never feel like cooking eating much when it's so hot, and we'll probably hit the pool every day after school. It's just been too hot to walk or WATP, so exercise hasn't been great.

B: zucchini with meatballs, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice and a hardboiled egg
L: tuna salad with cottage cheese and lots of veggies
S: iced latte, 1/2 cup strawberries
D: taco salad or chef's salad, NSA fudgesicle
S: Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries

Have a great day chicks and stay cool!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
started 1/28/08

Default First Day Back on Plan

My plan is to journal everything I eat (aiming for a 1,000 calorie deficit per day), and to walk 5 miles 5 times per week. I've been off-track for the past 6 weeks, and yesterday (Sunday, June 8) was my first day back on plan . . . not perfect, but it's a start!

I did journal everything yesterday, but my calorie deficit was only 305. I walked approximately one mile . . . it was almost 100 degrees and humid here in NYC, just too hot to do more.

It's supposed to be just as hot today, so I'm going to get out the door RIGHT NOW and try to get a little more walking in . . . and I'm going to make my calorie deficit goal today!

Have a great Monday, everyone

EDITED: I just got back from my walk in the park . . . I made it 3.75 miles. I can't say I enjoyed it - the heat and humidity are just ridiculous today - but I survived! I guess I'll have to get started even earlier in the morning if I'm going to do the full 5 miles when the weather is like this.

Last edited by Merksie; 06-09-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I actually got out the door for a walk despite the weather!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi, Chicks!

Today is my weigh-in. Nothing magical for me...just a .2 pound weight loss. This is the week that I light a fire under my bippity bop and actually try to lose some weight. I've finally reached that point again where I'm sick and tired of being fat. I've opened my calorie tracking spreadsheet for today and I plan on walking this evening with Hubby. It's hotter than 'you know where' out there, but I'm determined to do what I need to. I looked up my weight as of my birthday, July 14th, of last year. I weighed 247.2. I've managed to lose 19.2 pounds since then. I wonder what I can bring it down to by my next birthday?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! So far on plan here, it's just so hot and humid! Not sure what (if any) exercise I am going to get in today. I have to get back at it...it's going to be a long summer and I can't use the heat as an excuse all summer!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #7  

thanks mj, you called me out without knowing it. I set an exercise goal every month and track my minutes in another part of the forum. When the server crashed last week, we lost our first week of tracking, and I can't exactly remember how many minutes I did last week. So I thought I'd just bag it for the month and start tracking again for July. But it's been so hot and I realized after I read your post, that I've decided not to exercise the last couple of days because of the heat, and plus, I'm not tracking it anyway...

But I just realized, that's pretty silly, so I am tracking again, and I will get in a good swim tonight.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #8  
mj5

Schmoodle--Your welcome! I'm not sure what I am going to do today. I have made lots of extra trips up and down the stairs and *hopefully* once the sun goes down a bit I can get in at least a short walk.

I just received the nicest compliment ever! One of our newer managers who I am helping train (I used to supervise her and really pulled for her to get this promotion) called me her mentor. Me?! I told her that I was honored that she thought of me like that.

Stay cool!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5.6

Well - I did my weigh-in and set up a new tracker and I did use my original starting weight from so many moons ago - I pretty much maintained - I guess that is not too bad for a 6 month vacation.

Yesterday - I tried some new salad recipes and they turned out pretty good, plus they will help me make it through the week so I don't have to put quite so much effort into figuring out what to take to work. It is very easy for me to start taking the same old thing all the time and then I end up messing up my food plan for the day, via the vending machine.

I still have to work on my water though.... I have the hardest time getting in 60+ every day - even if I put something in it to give it flavor. The only time I get in any serious water is when I exercise - then by the time I am finished - I have drank about 24 ounces.....it's the other 36 that are giving me trouble.

MJ5 - that was a huge compliment - you had to have been so proud.... Congrats!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks! - Yesterday I stayed on my plan. I am grateful to have 6 healthful food days in a row.

working this morning
just a couple more confirmations to get out

ice/heat/Tens
stretches
log food
lots of water
meditation
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, peanut butter, 1/2 banana
lunch - falafel not fried!) in wrap with ff sour cream, cherry tomatoes, green beans
snack - strawberries, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, zuchini onion and mushroom medley
snack - oatmeal, rasins, milk, flax

Schmoodle - so glad to see you've been on plan - way to go! Enjoy the pool.

Merlksie - good for you...great to walk and good planning. Watch out for the heat.

Rhonda - Losing any amount of weight is GOOD! - even small amounts. And...weighing less than on your birthday last year is an accomplishment, friend. I love your phrase - " light a fire under my bippity bop."!!!!

Mj - glad to hear your OP. Congrats on being a mentor. And, how lovely that she said it to you.

Vak...HI! Great job staying on your plan.

Penney - Maintaining for six monthes is MAJOR - good for you. OH YES...those vending machines can be evil indeed. Good planning on taking the salads.

Dark Blue - Hi...your plan sounds good.

Hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-10-2008 at 06:19 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I had big plans this am, but someone called in sick, so I need to re-adjust. No big deal...I'd rather work in the a/c, than do all the running around I had planned today anyway! I am pleased to report I am down 2lbs! YIPPEE!

I'll catch up w/ everyone later! Have a great op day!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #12  

Good morning accountability partners!
Here's today:

B: cottage cheese with chopped egg and turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice and refried beans with salsa and cheese
L: tuna salad with cottage cheese and lots of veggies
S: iced latte, 1/2 cup strawberries
D: If not raining, take chef's salad to pool, if storming, chicken stir fry at home
S: NSA fudgesicle

I did well yesterday and only ate a few pretzels at the pool that were off-plan. We ended up staying until 7PM and I was starving! Ick I am sweating already...
Have a great day chicks!

Happy 2 lbs mj!
Beverlyjoy, hooray on six good days!

Hi Vak and Penney, you ladies are doing great too!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-10-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Hi Chickies!

I'm trying very hard to stay on plan today... so far so good. I didn't have a very nice weekend eating-wise. The soccer European Cup is being held in my city (and a few others) and everyone is celebrating. Imagine a month of Super Bowl parties. Friday night is when the trouble began. I went grocery shopping hungry and convinced myself I needed to try the new brand of potato chips. Saturday night we were at a party where I ate puff pastry appetizers, cheese and various other finger food and washed it all down with several glasses of wine. Sunday I continued the celebration eating and yesterday it was really hard to get back on track. In fact, I didn't make it. But today is going much better. I think I'm finally getting it through my head that taking a weekend off comes with hefty consequences. I gained 2kg and worse than that is I lost my healthy eating groove. But I'm getting it back. The chips are gone and I'm munching on cantaloupe. This weekend I hope I'll remember it's easier to stay with the groove than try to get it back.

Breakfast: bread with butter and jam, cherries, coffee water
Snacks: cucumber, capuccino
Lunch: chicken with rice and green beans, cantaloupe for dessert
Snack: cantaloupe
Dinner: Salad
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Today is on-plan day 1. Hubby and I went grocery shopping last night and I have all of my healthy foods in the house. I'm now ready to see exactly what this body will do when given a chance. I haven't had a 100% on-plan week for a long time. I've also not felt committed like this in a long time.

Today: I'm following sort of a phase 1 1/2 on Southbeach. No white stuff and no added sugars. I am allowing myself 1 fruit each day and I'm having oatmeal in the morning. I'm also tracking my calories. Today is a 1500 calorie day.

I'll check back in again later for personals. I've put off my work for a little longer than usual and it's time to 'get er' dun!'

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #15  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone!

I ate more than I should have yesterday, so my calorie deficit was only -473. On the bright side, though, I did journal everything, and got most of my exercise in despite the incredible heat/humidity. I've walked about 3 miles so far today, and am on track so far for a 1,000 calorie deficit.

Rhonda & Molly -- good luck with your day ones . . . your plans sound great!

Schmoodle -- hope you make it to the pool . . . although I'm hoping it does rain here in NYC so the weather will break.

mj -- congrats on the loss!

Bev -- congrats on 6 days in a row, looking forward to hearing you made it to 7.

Penney -- great idea with the salads . . . I love salad! If you have the time, I'd love to hear more about the recipes.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote