Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #1  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Default Floozies...a fresh start! #34

Oh no! There was a major server crash and our recent posts (2 whole weeks worth) have been lost forever! Never fear, Floozies. This is just what we have been needing...a fresh start! Find your positive attitude, dust off your journal, stock up on lettuce and fat free dressings, grab your water bottle and prepare to exercise...we are going to get serious and get those pounds off!

In the last couple of posts that were lost we were discussing stress eating and beginning a list of things that could be done when we are stressed instead of reaching into the cookie jar. Let's continue from there...

1. Go for a 10 minute walk
2. Call a friend
3. Clean the bathroom
4. Knit
5. Post at 3FC

Next poster add five more things to the list.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #2  
Losing it!

1. Read a magazine or book
2. Check in with friends on the net
3. Vaccuum
4. Send a fake pic of daughters wedding to net friends :-)
5. Write a list of 10 things to be thankful for
Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  
Losing it...again!

The new motivation must be working! I am down a whole pound already!

6. Brush your teeth
7. Dance to a song on the radio
8. Paint your toenails
9. Drink a big glass of water with lots of crunchy ice
10. Do a crossword or sudoku
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  

Thanks for the new motivation Suzy. I am back journaling. Feels better to be back in control.

Last night we went over to Jay and Ash to have a christening of their new hot tub. they bought a beautiful 7 man tub. It was with ash's mom and dad too. We are all good friends. It was lots of fun.

We are heading off on another T@Bventure. We will be going to a new beach, no not nude Gayle, new beach. It is where we had a cottage when I grew up. It isn't hat far from here. It is fun trying out all these different campgrounds. We have lots around us.

I better get going Larry is waiting and thinks that I am just shutting down the PC.

Love you all.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #5  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB SUZY! I am getting serious Monday after all the festivities this weekend.

Dee, have fun at the nude beach!!! LOL!

1. Invision yourself thinner
2. Read dieting advice on the net
3. Revise a favorite recipe so it is healthy/lower calorie
4. Try some new flavors of tea *hot or iced
5. Go play in the sprinkler like you did as a kid

Last edited by gdeann; 06-07-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Gayle, the girls and I ran through the sprinkler here on Friday...it is unbelievably hot here! It was 97 here today!

Dee, nude beach huh? I hope you're having a great weekend!

Five more things to do instead of stress eating...
1. Reorganize a closet or junk drawer
2. Write in your journal
3. Play the piano
4. Wash the car
5. Pull weeds from the flowerbeds
Old 06-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #7  

1. Surf the Net
2. Move around furniture in your living room
3. Ride a bike
4. Take the dog for a walk
5. Clean your closet of fat clothes

I'm still doing great with journaling. I try to stay off the scale, since it doesn't seem to move.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 06-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #8  
Losing it...again!

It looks like we're going to be moved again. Make sure that you read this thread, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143362 , so that you will know where to find us after the move takes place!

Everyone has come up with some great ideas of things to do instead of eating (when you aren't really hungry). I think I'm going to put them all together in one big list and post it on my refrigerator door!

I'm going shopping for baby things with DIL#2 today. She has been home for her sister's graduation. Travis couldn't come because he had to work this weekend, but it's been nice having DIL#2 here!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #9  

Suzy I am glad that you get to spend some special time with your daughter in law. It is always fun shopping for baby things. It is so exciting. How are your DIL 's feeling?
Thanks for giving us a kick start. I feel like I am in control again. I ate a few more sweets things camping this weekend than I would have if I was at home but I did pretty good.

We were predicted to have rain all weekend. On friday we got 2 inches. Saturday and Sunday it was sunny and warm. The temps were forcasted to be lower so for clothes all we broght were jeans and turtlenecks and sweat shirts. It could have easily have been a nude weekend. It was in the 80's.
We had a wonderful time. We hadn't been to this beach since the kids were little. We had a seasonal site there, and mom and dad built our family cottage there. We went by our cottage that had been sold years ago and the lady that bought it from us was outside. She let us in and we toured around and took pictures. On the way home we stopped off at mom and dad's and they really enjoyed them.

It is rainning again here this morning. Lots of it too. We are lucky we didn't get this til today. Everything is green and wet now. I don't think I will have to water for a week.

Time to do laundry and journal. ;-)
Old 06-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #10  
Janice

1. Go to prevention and use the tool to enter a current picture, then adjust to your goal weight - picture will be adjusted to how you will look.
2. Make a low calorie treat.
3. Get outside, away from the fridge and cupboards.
4. Get a new hairdo.
5. Go shopping.
Number five is my personal favorite. I am keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth. Drink your water ladies - be strong, drink up, be happy.

Last edited by coles; 06-10-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #11  
Losing it...again!

Going shopping is my personal favorite too, Janice! We had a great time shopping yesterday. It is nice having them close enough to come home more often, but I do wish they were even closer! I guess I'm never satisfied...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend Dee! I'm glad that you are enjoying your new camper.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #12  
Losing it!

I'm back on plan today after the fun filled weekend of cake, cake, ice cream and more cake! I feel like a fat, frumpy lump of lard, back to journaling and making healthy choices. I found this on another site and it seemed fitting to use here right now.

Not everyone can stay motivated 100% of the time. At some point, everyone needs to recommit themselves to their goals. If now is your time, please don't put this off.

How are you doing? Are you accomplishing your fitness goals? How about your food goals? Are you meeting your faith goals? Why or why not? Learn from your successes and failures.

Remind yourself why you joined this group. Convince yourself that you deserve success. You are worth it. You have one life to live. This is it! The time is now!

Be proud of yourself and give thanks for whatever you've accomplished.

1. Suck on a hard candy or chew a piece of gum
2. Go through old photographs
3. Watch a weightloss program on TV
4. Buy yourself a new piece of jewelry
5. Go lift a #5 or #10 pound bag of potatoes, enough said :-)
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #13  

Hey Gayle I am glad that you are back at it. All that hard work to lose the weight you did would be a shame to gain all of it back.
You are right about not being committed and amotivated 100 % of the time. I am happy to see that you got it back though.
Do it for yourself.
How are you doing with Liz gone? How is our little Alli doing?

Time to make Larry lunch.

It finally stopped rainning. I want to out after lunch and finish planting. I have all the flower pots to do. I have some of the flowers but will need to pick up more.
Slowly but surely and hopefully before it frosts.....
Old 06-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #14  

All I want to do is play with Jake!

I discovered (the hard way) that I can no longer eat ice cream. Jake was puke-y for three days straight until I figured out what was up. Poor little lactose intolerant baby. I totally blame Stewart for that, since I personally LOVE milk and all milk-made products.

I'm starting a new way of eating after I go to the doctor on Thursday. I bought Stephen Pratt's Superfoods Rx and I'm going to try to incorporate more whole foods into my life.

I'm getting excited about going to the doctor--not because I think I'll be pleased with the numbers I'll hear, but because it'll give me a baseline and a goal. I'll report all of my bloodwork findings here and then, hopefully, I'll be able to report an improvement in 12 weeks!

I'm going to use part of my economic stimulus money (IF we ever get it!) to start going to a personal trainer. I want to try to get some of my strength back--my legs are still weak from being pregnant and having Jake!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Liz calls about every other day, so reality hasn't really set in yet. I Thank God she is a responsible young adult with morals and values. It helps so much when they leave the nest to know HOPEFULLY you raised them the best you could. Ali is doing well. She ended up on the A honor roll all school year and is set for 4th grade. She is in the summer reading program, so it is nothing to find a book in every room of the house. I don't know how she keeps her stories straight reading so many books at a time. We also have ducks this year and it is her job to help take care of them. We had a death of one earlier in the week so Ali decorated his grave with a note and flowers.
I'm really trying and praying to get my eating under control. We have had so many emotional things happen and I am a emotional eater. My family is driving me nuts too. I swear the good lord gave me siblings to test my patience. Have fun planting your flowers! We have marigolds and sunflowers almost ready to transplant.

1. Plant a flower
2. Learn a hobby such as decorative painting
3. Put a puzzle together
4. Update your Christmas card list
5. Clean a window or two
Closed Thread