Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Wink Atkins Angels Chat 6/8 - 6/15

I'm starting the thread a day early this week...I'll be on an extended weekend, DBF & I are going to see Sex & The City tonite!!!

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend & have a great low carb, on-plan week!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

So I just got through my first week of induction and I lost 5lbs! Also, amazingly, the dermatitis on my head is clearing up for the first time ever without medication!!! My scalp is usually unbearably itchy and flakey ALL THE TIME. $50 prescription shampoos haven't worked, leave-in prescription foams haven't worked, even cutting out wheat hasn't worked. A vegan diet hadn't worked. The only thing that has ever worked was pouring vinegar on my head every other day, but even then after a day or so it would itch again and I'd need the vinegar again. But I haven't used the vinegar in over a week!!! I can't beleive this. Maybe I have an allergy to grains?

I'm cutting down on my cheese consumption. It doesn't throw me out of ketosis but I just eat way too much of it, and then I crave more of it. So, maybe some cheese with dinner, but not early in the day so I crave it all day :P

Today:
B~ Omlette: 2 eggs, 1 cup froz. spinach, 2oz turkey, 1 pat butter
L~ Salad: 3 cups greens, 4oz chicken, Oil & Vinegar
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

AHHHHH!!!!!!!

So I started this whole Atkins thing on the 4th. I have not been perfect. My carbs have ranged from 23-27 every day. Overall I have felt GREAT! I've lost 5.8 pounds in 5 days. I am really enjoying the food and my calories are way down from when I was calorie counting.

I did have one day of withdrawal headache. I even made my DS mac and cheese over the weekend and that is my comfort food. I smelled it and it stunk so bad. I have totally lost the urge to eat it.

Then I took the kids to McD's today. Things started out swell. They were eating their nuggets and fries and I had a naked side salad (I had leftover pizza for breakfast so I wasn't really hungry). I forgot to order a water for myself and it was busy, busy in there so I had a few sips of the kids Sprite. Ohhhh my the pain. I have had a roaring headache every since.

That'll teach me what all that sugar will do to me. I highly doubt it'll happen again any time soon.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #4  

Wahoo!!! 193.0 lbs this morning!! I haven't been this low in months!
DBF is visiting from Pittsburgh this weekend and I have NO doubts I'll stay OP. I love seeing the ketone strips registering ketosis every day, and knowing that I'm burning my own body fat. Plus, I don't want to break this 'no cravings' thing I've got going on. Can't wait to see how low I'll be when he comes on Friday!

Today:
B~ Protein shake: 2 scoops soy vanilla protein, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp cream
L~ 3 cups lettuce, 4oz grilled chicken, oil and vinegar
Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! DBF was here from Pittsburgh, we went to see Sex & The City I laughed & I cried...I loved it but, I am one that always watched the showed & loved that too.

DBF & his daughter made some low carb muffins from George Stella's cookbook using soy flour...they were quite good. I only had a small taste since I felt "odd" eating a muffin

I hope everyone has a great, low carb week!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-10-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #6  
Chick working hard

S/C/G: 225/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Default I have yo-yo'd for so long

Well, I think this place is so great and I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I tried to stick with no carbs in the past but have never really stopped condemning myself for being overweight. It's this relationship that I have had with my body where I tear myself down for the littlest slip-up. Well I am back and ready for action. I can say no to carbs because my relationship with food is so much better ( I battled with bulimia for a few years) I want to do this for me and I am tired of my selfishness when it comes to food and how much I need. I have been this weight since I was about 19, I gained 20 lbs my freshman year of college when I was struggling with food. But I know this diet works and I know it's a lifestyle. I want to shrug off this fat without losing who I am. I know I can do it and I want to look at you ladies for support. Have a great day!
gotworktodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #7  

Ok I STILL lost even more this morning! I'm 192!!
Last night I made a BLT salad (turkey bacon, 1 cheddar cheese stick, tomatoes, and ranch dressing). Then my roommate and I worked out to Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. That was SO hard. We were sweating bullets!

6/12/08 update- last night we went for a ride through the park. It was so gorgeous. This morning I'm 191!!!

Last edited by Michelle125; 06-12-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Added text.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

HIYA Angels! Took me all day to catch up but think I have now . . . experienced some rather severe cyber-issues . . . then I think 3fc did too???

I'm still hanging in there on Atkins . . . right after my Techno-Whiz Big Bro fixed my PC . . . I started having some health issues that I haven't got to the bottom of yet . . . but have done lots of tests - feel like a pin cushion!! Started gaining weight like crazy . . . long story short it was all water/fluid retention. Still waiting for test results but I suspect I've got congestive heart - runs in the family.

Hoping to use health scare as the ultimate motivational tool . . . so far my results on everything else are great - so this might be the push I need to quit just dabbling and going full force on what I know works all the way around, ya know?

Great to cya here @ Atkins Angels michelle & gotwork & zinke! I've enjoyed reading your Posts and am always motivated when meeting new to me Posters!

And of course a Big Shout Out & Hug to JG!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Auddie!!!!!
I've been thinking about you (and Sylvia) wondering where ya be! I'm sorry to hear you've been having health issues and hope all is well & you are on the mend. My Dad had CHF and he basically does an Atkins type diet...avoids bread, potatoes, rice, pasta etc. He's also diabetic so, this way of eating benefits him tremendously. I hope your Dr. is familiar with Atkins and supports you eating this way. That is always a big plus! I wish you all the best Auddie!!! I missed ya girl!! Take good care of you!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I went to the library one afternoon just to get a JG-fix during my PC woes . . . but the line was toooo long!

It's been crazazy . . . with health scare, 'puter crash and returning to work-just nuts! My Mom had chf from age 38 on . . . managed it pretty well with meds & resting 1 hour per day but not so much so diet/exercise. How's your Dad feel? I've been exhausted but just thought it was real life!

Still hoping that I don't have it - or can delay getting it some more years by taking this weight OFF for good . . . all my other tests came back super . . . they even did the blood sugar spin that averaged it for the last few months and it was quite good.

Confession: I can't stand my Dr. but DH & both DD's just love her so I cope.

Hey, How's your Team doing? I've been mainly listening to Cardinal B-Ball.

SHOUT OUT TO SYLVIAAAAAAAAAA! Wherever she may be . . . . hope all is well.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote