View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #65
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

I too am looking forward to the day when I am just simply classified as "overweight"! I have decided that my first mini goal is 5 pounds and my big goal for now is getting 10% of this weight off...21.5 pounds. That will be very exciting! Once I reach those goals, I will gear up for the next ones. Sound good? So for now, I am going to focus each day on what I can do on THAT day. So many times before I tried to map out my entire weight loss. "I am going to lose 2 pounds per week and by August 10 I should weigh..." I didn't mean to set myself up for failure, but inevitably, I did. I really believe I can do what it takes to lose 5 pounds. I am just going to going from there. I read GLory87's story yesterday and Super Foods made sense to me. I have started focusing on what I can and should eat more than on focusing on what I shouldn't eat. I am really trying to spin things in a positive way for myself. The one thing I am doing though, that I can't help, is visualizing what I want my family Christmas card to look like. What will I look like? What will I wear? Will it be a family picture from my brother-in-law's wedding August, or will I wait until December and be able to wear one of those really great Christmas dresses...the one with the red plaid skirt and black velvet fitted top....hmmmmm.