Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Jaded Ladies Weight Loss Chat #297

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies !

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

Last edited by Marti; 06-15-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies,

Well, I just finished my breakfast of Kashi Good Friends cereal and now I'm headed to the Wii to do yoga and strength training. My shoulder has been relatively pain free for the last week or two, so I'm seriously thinking about popping in my Biggest Loser dvd today. This last week I journaled my food like I should and exercised 4 days and I'm down about 2 pounds. Overall I've lost almost 4 lbs since buying the Wii Fit, Wednesday will be 3 weeks ago! Who'd have thunk it!! LOL

Hey Mindee, I'm off to check out the photos. Glad you guys had a great time!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone!!!! I am so glad to be able to post here again. I have missed everyone.

Marti~Thank you for your patience!! I thought I was caught up in some vortex or reverse universe(si-fi jargin). So very happy to be back I finally made a weight ticker. I want to make an exercise ticker tracker.

I think things went well at the social security office. They say it will take approximately 115 days to find out if I qualify for disability benefits. I have not heard anything from medicade about an appointment with them. The wheels of progress move so slowly!

Short and Sassy~I want a Wii for Christmas I will have to check this out!!

I will check back later. Everyone have a great Sunday. Pat
Old 06-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #4  

Morning Ladies....

It's a beautiful day today. The sun is out so I'm going to get some yard work done and then finish painting the garage door. I also need to work for a couple hours to release some results that the doctors are waiting for.

Ruth--How wonderful that you've lost 4lbs, I think having the Wii fit would be so fun. And losing weight is a great benefit. I may have to talk my hubby into buying one for Christmas. My sister and BIL have a Wii, I'll have to see if they got the Wii fit.....I can try it out if they do!

Pat--115 days seems such a long time to wait, but at the same time, time flys by so fast that soon it'll be here. So, I do hope time flys a little for you so you can get some answers about your benefits. Did you get your tickers made??

Good Morning to the rest of you.

Well as I've mentioned, I've got some work I need to get done, so I'm going to get started. Here I was hoping my Sunday would be a rest day!!

I'll pop back in later on.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in here since it is extremely hot outside! yahoo says that it is 91 outside......so we are staying inside in the cool air conditioner!

I want to get a Wii and Wii Fit soon!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

it doesn't seem too hot here anymore, but the rain is pouring down on us, so the air will stay on. Was still feeling too icky to make it to church today, maybe next week...it still comes in waves and this morning was not good. I slept all morning after the family left...I have been pushing to get the kiddies to thier appts...thankfully only one left tomorrow. Well, the family just got home, so I am off to see how church was.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #7  

Mindee, wow, isn't 91 degrees high for your part of the country. We are use to it in the humid south, but I didn't think you guys would be that hot this soon. Of course, mother nature has been anything but normal lately!

Marti, I bought my Wii console after checking it out at a friends house. Some of the games on the Wii Sport game that comes with the system can really give you a workout. Especially the boxing! I also notice a raise in my heartrate when I play the bowling game. But the Wii FIt I purchased on sure instinct and I have not been disappointed. I just wanted something that would get me active and found that the strength training and yoga exercises are a workout in themselves

Pat, I hope the 115 days fly by for you. Is this your first attempt to get on disability?

I'll check in with you guys later.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #8  

popping in again!

I took some things to the dumpster with Brandon, and the humidity seems to have died down some.....BUT it is still flippen hot out there!

Ellen~ I hope things smooth out for you soon!

Ruth~ For this time of year, yeah 91 is hot for us! We usually don't get that hot until Summer *officially* gets here.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #9  

Hello ladies

It's down right hot outside! So unexpected after all the rain we've had the last couple of weeks.

I got the ladder out and paint brushes and was ready to paint....then I couldn't figure out how I was going to keep the paint close to me (have nothing high enough to put it on!) so I said "Forget it, I'll wait for hubby to come home to help" So I mowed the lawn and pulled some weeds and then raked up old leaves on the side of the house......I'm tuckered out!

Now, need to shower and take the car in for an oil change, then head off to work to get some results out, for some patients who are having surgery next week.

Wow....so much to do....my day is flying!

Mindee--This year is a little off when it comes to weather! I think we've experienced everything in the last few months...rain, snow, hot HOT weather, windstorms......who knows what summer will bring.

Ruth--I love the boxing on the Wii. Played that at my sisters so much over the winter and we were all just sweaten up a storm that we had to open up windows to cool off (this was during the snow times) Really fun and does give you a workout. My DD wants one, so we may get one for her (and the rest of us) for Christmas.

Ellen--I hope the waves of illness lessens for you soon. My sister is pregnant and due in September. This will be her third. She's been having a hard time with it emotionally. Feel bad for her and wish I could help her not feel so depressed. Are you planning to find out what you're having?

Well ladies.....I'm going to get the rest of my day going. Shower and head out the door.

You all take care and I'll chat w/you soon.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Most likely we will find out waht we are having. I normally wouldn't care, but since we were having so much trouble getting and staying pregnant I got rid of all the baby clothes...so I will find out so we can buy accordingly. LOL I knew if I got rid of everything THEN I would get preggers.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ha ha Ellen that is how things where for us,,,got rid of all the baby clothes and 5 weeks later I had the *flu*

Marti,,you made me tired just reading everything you did...arghhh Im a lazy slug right now. It has been raining here for weeks..WEEKS! And expected to rain till Thursday. Its cold and rainy too...blah So we are going to be building a garage. Need a permit...which is a nightmare like thing to get it seems. And will be redoing the front sidewalk and flower beds...once it stops raining. The trim needings painting,,,and windows need to be cleaned,,,but again,,,once it stops raining.

Ruth,,,we went shopping yesterday looking for the wii fit,,,so far nothing. Just can't find it. Think tomorrow I will check out this other place. We bought the wii last year,,,love the bowling,,,and golf. (which in real life I hate) bowled so much my shoulder ached...lol

Mindee,,,ya our house was insane during the game,,,lots of screaming...lol Next day at work I had a lot of the drivers stopping by to talk about the game...lol Our oldest son,,,goes to this one bar that the bouncer knows him,,,and is a total Steve Y fan,,,that Brandon always gets special treatment.
A friend of his just told him his BIL's brother and wife named their new son's middle name Yzerman....hmmm a bit far I think.

Nothing new here,,just did the cleaning,,,mount washmore is down right now...arghh Did alot of shopping,,,we have a driver getting married in 2 weeks,,,so got a gift for him. One of the office guy's wife is due right away so I picked up a gift...since its baby # 4 I bought a think picture frame that I would like to scrapbook for the baby,,,and have a string across it with the name across it like a clothes line. I say its gonna be a boy....

We rented National Treasure,,,not sure,,,didn't like it but just don't like Nicholas Cage.
Caroline Rhea was funny,,,a few of things she talked about we are still laughing about.

Well i should finish dinner...
night all
Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #12  

Okay, it's getting close to bedtime...I'm trying to wind down from my walk on the treadmill. I tried something new and I think I sort of liked it. When I started my walk on the treadmill it was still daylight and the lights weren't on in the computer/workout room. As I was walking it got darker and I wasn't able to see the readouts on the treadmill. As I was listening to my MP3 player I was changing my speed to the beat of the songs. When I stopped I had walking 62 minutes for 2.9 miles.

Angie, I'm wondering if I should start looking for it now. I think I'm going to buy my stepdaughter one for her birthday in July. She had 3 babies in 5 years so she is working hard at losing the baby fat, definitely need to start looking now. We rented National Treasure, I like Nicholas Cage, but I honestly don't remember too much from the movie!

Marti, there are a few skeptics that may not think that playing a video game will help them lose weight, but I if you put effort into it and eat healthy you will see a difference.

Ellen, I don't remember if I congratulated you on your baby! If not, Congrats.

Til tomorrow ladies.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #13  

Evening ladies...

Wow...when was the last time I was able to get on the computer this many times in a day?? (It's been awhile)

Oil changed, and went in to finish up some evaluations and got some resulting done. Of course the two I was looking for were not in yet, made some calls and one lab not open, the other had computer issues. So.....must make sure I make more phone calls tomorrow first thing when I get to work!

Now I'm preparing dinner. It's a little late, but I'd rather eat something good instead of snack all night on junk.

Ellen--My sister had a garage sale 3 months before she got pregnant. Managed to sell everything! So she's also starting over.

Angie--When we bought this house, I knew keeping it up would take time and money...but boy! Who knew how much?!? Yard work is a continuous thing here....it's beautiful and I'm always afraid of not getting to the weeds in time. Here is a photo of my yard last summer if I didn't share it before:

I actually got it looking the same right now.....pretty proud of that! Let's hope I can keep it up!

Ruth--I agree with you, putting in effort and eating healthy does work....whether it's a video game or any kind of physical activity. With video games, you at least get to have fun!

Well ladies, I should get off the computer....go relax some before the weekend is completely over. Next week is a busy one, DD graduates 8th grade!! So have her graduation, and then she has her birthday coming up and she's gotta take me around to show me what she wants. I should be working some overtime to cover that right??

Off I go. Have a good night all.

Last edited by Marti; 06-08-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #14  

well, we had some wicked weather come through our way today! we were just about to cook chicken on the grill and the dark clouds moved in and then it just downpoured! I came inside with the chicken and Tommy went to open the basement doors with the office manager. Come to find out, even though it hasn't been confirmed yet with the National Weather Service people, a tornado touched down two miles away from us! The temp reached 91 degrees today, so the storm came through without warning. They were saying on the news that we can expect strong storms again tomorrow....so we shall see how things go tomorrow!

Angie~ I thought that was how your house would be! We are HUGE Stevie fans, and it was nice to see him that night at Mellon Arena. And then again on Friday for the parade! He got more cheers then the mayor of Detroit, but I am sure that every body knows why that happened! A friend of Tommy's named their son Brendan after Brendan Shanahan.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:07 AM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning All.

Guess what? I emailled my boss asking him to switch my hrs back 2 hrs from 9 pm - 9:30 am (what I currently work) to 7 pm - 7:30 am. I backed it up with info of why it would be beneficial. So pls keep your fingers for me. Better add your toes, legs, and eyes. Then be sure to have someone take a picture of you and share it with all of us!

So I have been pro-active, aren't you all proud? Probably nothing will come of it, but hey, at least I tried.

Have a Great Monday!!!
Closed Thread