Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 08:03 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of June 23rd!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Sitting around being bored in bed, soo I am up drinking my coffee!!!Too early to shop, or go anywhere, plus everyone is sleeping!!!!!

Pryia--Where R U????Just wondering how U R doing???If U are lurking, can U sticky this one where the other one is?????

Sending #1 to camp today for 11 days!!!!
I am a little excited!!!We are redoing #2's room, soo it has been fun furniture shopping!!!I cant wait to give her a mature room with nice things!!!After the next sonagram, we will work on the baby room!!!Tech...check around for hockey baby layette things if it is a boy!!! We dont have them here for sure!!!!!

Hello to everyone!!!Take care!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-23-2002 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:22 PM   #2  

HELLO!

Well, those extra 10 pts can sure go fast at a party . . . next time I need to look up some points before I leave - did not realize how much I ate.

Lyssa - WOOHOO on the 12's!!!

RR - oh how fun for sd to be going to camp! Hope she has a good time. ~ It's fun to redo rooms, isn't it - enjoy!

Have a great week!

Rabbit
406.539 miles
Old 06-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #3  

Default Good morning!

Hello to all!

RR, It's so much fun redoing the house or just a room! Does #2 get to choose, what ideas do you have in your head?
What kind of camp are you sending #1 to?

Morning Rabbit! I know all about it, I had a wedding on saturday, stayed op pretty well though and headed for the salads and meat straight away. Unfortunately, the party was at a winery, and I do like wine (white this time, and very good!)...Then, at about 03.00, I realized I had lost my glasses. I turned out my uncle had taken them with him by accident, so I had to drive my cousins home in the middle of the night wearing my sunglasses. I must have looked like a lunatic on the road...
Yesterday I went to the beach with a friend and her HB. only the second time this year that I have had time for it, and it has been SO hot the last few days, too (37 C, 0 C is 32 F I think, not sure anyway, VERY HOT!), then I did the apptment, YUK!
Have vowed to stay op and go to the gym this week....

See ya'll around,

Vassiliki

PS I have also been missing Pryia...where are you?
Old 06-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Boy everyone must be busy - not many messages. Yesterday was my super low day on the wendie plan - went fine. Hope I can make up for how much I ate on Saturday.

Greek - Yeah for staying pretty well op at the party - definitely an accomplishment. ~ Oh no on the glasses - don't you hate that? ~ Beach sounds fun!

Rabbit
Old 06-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in and post. I'm doing bad on my eating but great on the exercise. My hips and butt are shrinking but my tummy is still happily bulging out. I did some clothes shopping this weekend and all the size 12's I tried on fit me!! First time that's happened in awhile. But then I ruined that good moment by trying on a bathing suit. Oh well.... I leave Wednesday morning for almost two weeks and I won't be able to check in. I will miss everyone greatly and I hope to do well while I'm gone. DH said he'd go jogging with me in the mornings. We're going to Cleveland/Sandusky to visit our family. Work has been horrible lately so I can not wait to get away.

Good luck to everyone!!! Drink lots of water, get lots of exercise, and stay away from the sweets. Now if I can just do that!!
Old 06-24-2002, 08:54 PM   #6  

I rue the day I started liking chocolate. When I was a kid, I could barely tolerate it, and now ever since my first pregnancy, I can't get enough of it. I've done real well since January, but there are times that if I had an entire pan of brownies infront of me I would eat it. Today is one of those days. I think the problem is that I am out of my chocolate icecream. I need to get more before I eat a pan of brownies.

Anyway, now that dh has a car, we put my van in. Once it is out, I will have a great set of wheels, with ac and stereo. It will be fun.

Liz - Congrats on the size 12's, now we can race for the 3's and the falling off clothes!!! I am with you on the tummy, but mine is thanks to having 4 kids. On the swimsuit issue, I am going to make myself a halter dress and a seperate bottom to use as a swimsuit, I don't know that I will ever go back to wearing real swimsuits.

Rabbit- The super high day sounds scarry. But I think that after I have a small period of mildly eating more than I should, and then go back to what I normally eat, that I lose weight faster.

RR - How's the room going? Maybe you could take pictures and show us what you've done.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:02 PM   #7  

Hey everyone! I am still alive and kicking just incredibly busy. I thought I better check in or you would be sending out the search party.
I keep thinking things are going to calm down and give me a minute to breathe but so far it is not happening.

I was down .6 last week but DH was up 3.6. We both really struggled the week we got back here after vacation. We have been doing much better this week.

Gotta run but HI to eveyone.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:57 AM   #8  

Default Short one

hi again, this is going to be a short one (lots of work today)

backfor, nice to see you again!
Lizzard, have a nice time and see you soon!
Rabbit, I do yee kinda OK without the glasses, but it was 03.00, dark, and I had had some of that wine...I was glad nobody knew who I was anyway, that crazy woman wearing sungl;asses in the middle of the night
went to the gym yesterday for 2 1/2 hrs, as if I hadn't sweated enough for the day, stayed op YEAH! Every day I stay op is a winner!

Lyss, try eating the darkest darkest chocolate you can find (70-75% pure chocolate)
1. It doesn't have so much fat as milk chocolate
2. It doesn't have much sugar either
3. It has such a rich chocolaty taste that you'll feel you've had enough after just a bit

Have to go now, Be well,

Vassiliki
Old 06-25-2002, 12:01 PM   #9  

hello!

I'm still following the wendie plan and sticking pretty close to the points - I've been 1/2 point off for the last 2 days. I kind of like having an exact pt value I can have for the day & I also like the fact that it changes.

Liz - Have a great vacation & enjoy the time with family! We'll miss you! Good luck staying on plan. ~ also horray for the 12's!

Lyssa - I have always liked chocolate. Although I think I am drawn to sweets more than I was in the past. ~ I sure hope switching my points around helps.

Back02 - Congrats on your loss this week. It is hard to get back on track after being gone - glad to hear you've accomplished that. ~ hope work slows down some.

Greek - yeah for an op day!!

Rabbit
Old 06-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #10  
Donna

Hello All,

It's been really hot and muggy here too. I'm still questioning my sanity in giving up an a/c office job to stand out in the sun all summer , but I'm actually enjoying it lots more (even with the sweat ) . This weekend we had a baby shower for my sister, my mom was going to hire a caterer (sp?) but I said since I wasn't working full time, I'd do it for her. I have now found another career to check off my list . Cooking for 40 was not for me. Anyway, it went really well, except that the hall didn't have a/c so a bunch of people were whining. But, that's how it goes some times. I'm glad it's over though. Now I have to finish the baby's quilt. As usual I ended up putting it off 'til the day before, only the day before I had to cook , so she got a mostly finished top.

WW is tonight, I feel thinner so hopefully the scales will agree, but we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed.

LBH - Congrats on getting to Curves even when you were tired. Good luck on keeping it up.

RR - What no hockey decorations in NO. I can't believe it. Have fun fixing up the house.

Greek - Your weekend sounded fun. Too funny about the glasses.

Liz - Have fun on vacation, don't ride too many coasters while you're there (like there's such a thing )

Back - Congrats on your loss last week. Sometimes I think the week back from Vac can be harder than being gone.

Rabbit - Good luck sticking to the wendie plan. Hope you see the results you want.

Lyss - Hmmm another reason not to get PG. Good luck avoiding the cravings.

Well, gotta go pay bills and clean house.

Have a great week all!!!!

- Tech
Old 06-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Nothing new happening for me really but I thought I'd check in and say hi. Still fighting the fight to stay below 150. I can't wait for the day when gaining a couple of pounds won't put me over so easily but slow and steady wins the race - right?? It was just about a year ago when I started coming here (I think) and I had just joined my gym and I'm pretty sure I weighed almost 30 pounds more than I do now so I have to be happy about that!!

Tech - maybe I missed it but what is your outside job - sounds pretty nice for a change actually. I always thought I might like to cater but I should also try it and I bet I'll change my mind too.

Rabbit - keep us posted on how the Wendie plan works for you. I've read a lot about it and I think it can be a great way to get out of a rut and to help deal with the days when you just want a lot of points. I like the fact that you can see if you have a special occasion one week and make that your super high point day. The logic, I suppose, is the same as banking for a speacial day but it still seems like a nice change. Good Luck!

GG - congrats on the gym and I liked your chocolate tip except that I really love milk chocolate!!

Lyssa - I can't remember there ever being a time when I didn't love chocolate! It can be such a curse but I'm certainly better than in the days when I would eat a chocolate bar every day. Now it's just such a treat.

Liz - wow on the size 12's - I can fit into a couple of size 12's I own but I just bought a dress and had to buy the 14 - felt a little bad about that but what can you do? Sometimes I wonder how much more I have to lose to never buy a 14 again!!

Bailey - saw you posted on the food journal thread - come over and say hi!!

Have a great day everyone,
Elisa
Old 06-25-2002, 04:46 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.

I'm home until July 16! Thats when I leave for Philly.

I'm really having a difficult time trying to get back on program. All that traveling really messed me up. I'm also off the Birth Control Pill and find that I've rediscovered 'hunger'. The Glocophase stuff (can't spell it still) really hasn't kicked in yet - oh it keeps me running to the bathroom every morning - but I haven't noticed if its doing anything else. I go back to the DR thursday - and I know the scale is going to show me up a few lbs again!!

I'm going to try and make tomorrow a water and fruit only day. Then the next day water and veggies only. Sometimes that gives me a good jump start....if I can stand it.

- jul
Old 06-26-2002, 03:12 AM   #13  

Well, It seems that I'm going to be able to stay op, even though I still add a glass of wine now and then.
I have dinner with my grandmother most of the time, who's 88 and still lives alone. I go there most evenings for a chat and some gossip (we live really close, on purpose), but she cooks light so that's no problem. Also need to take up my gym program seriously again, today is my favorite program (step).
Today again very hot!!!

gotta go, be well all!
Old 06-26-2002, 05:39 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!!
It is soo nice to not be able to paint ..Leaving that all to Refman!!!!The room is comming along but slowly....remember she is autistic soo change is not a good thing all at once...Her bed disappeared first....then her book shelf...soo far..soo good...She hasnt exactly picked up on it yet!!!!
She lost her first tooth...Swallowed it!!!!It was too funny to see a hole there yesterday when I picked her up from daycare!!!!!

Camp called...I think Ms FrooFroo is having trouble "surviving" in the woods without that blow dryer and curling iron!!!! SHe will be too happy to be with Step mom when she gets home July 3rd!!!!!!!!!

Have a great one..Off to work!!!!
Vicki
Old 06-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- LOLOL, I can just picture her pouting about everything she doesn't like and not getting any sympathy!! Where is she at camp?

GG- That's great that you have such a close relationship with your Grandma. And that you can spend soo much time with her too!! Have fun at step...I've tried but seem to be too uncoordinated for more than just up and down!!

Jul- That's nice that you're home for awhile now...hopefully just enough time to get you back on track! Good luck with the water and fruit/veggies only thing!

Elisa- WOW, 30 lbs. in a year is great!! That's better than I've ever been able to do...so far!

Tech- Hope WI went well. I question your sanity leaving an A/C office too!! Although I complain about how cold it gets in here sometimes.

Rabbit- How do you like the wendie plan soo far? Is it stressing you out at all? Do you think you'll have a loss tomorrow night?

I started calling some places about child care yesterday, and while the prices are better than I thought they'd be, it's still a lot. KinderCare is 246/wk for infants and Kiddie Academy is 275/wk for infants. I assume it goes up when they get older because they both supply lunch and snacks for kids that eat table food. I was really impressed with the Kinder Care website. Check it out if you're interested, KinderCare You can tour the facility, that's what I liked. Anyone know what the day care costs are in your area? I'd love to see the differences.

Anyway, off to get some work done...have a great day all!!
Closed Thread