General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Default Just wanna vent while I can

One of the things I hate about living on base is the scheduled power outages. We're having one today between 7am to 3pm. They usually do this about twice a year. I'm so sick and tired of being here. I cant wait to move. I wish we were moving now.

So ya..I'm online right now soaking up as much electricity as possible, lol. I plan on finishing up my book today and cleaning. Plus, if it doesnt rain, then I might take a walk to the NEX and buy a mag or something. I hope the power outage doesnt effect the store. I know a lot of people would be very unhappy to not have their Starbucks (I'm not one of them, lol). Then when the power comes back on, I'm gonna take a really long nap..because I cannot sleep when its really quiet in here. It's too creepy, and horror movies start flashing through my mind..LOL!!

Of course, I hope it does rain so I can hear some sound in here, lol. I better put batteries in the clock radio and make sure my ipod & zune are charged.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

FRANCIE...try to have a good electricity free day! Get lots of reading done missy! But not too much...still trying to catch up to you!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh wow and i think once in a while that would be cool... i spent 3 days without power after a hurricane... that was about 2 days too much.

do the best you can.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #4  

I say enjoy the power outage, or at least try to make the most of it. Every few weeks I'll give myself a "Wireless Wednesday." No tv, no cell phone, and especially no computer. The first time I tried it I suffered major withdrawal symptoms. haha I didn't know what to do with myself!! That only made me realize how much of a vice my electronics are to me. Now I enjoy one quiet day a week where I can concentrate on me and the things I like.

As far as living on base, I feel your pain. Luckily we have a place off base. I'm not exactly ecstatic about living anywhere in GA, but I don't think I could handle living in this particular base's housing. I'd rather have a landlord tell me how to live than the US Government.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

The power came back on early. I swear to God, I thought I was gonna have a major panic attack. I hated being so alone, cut off from the world. I mean..I dont always watch tv and I'm not always online..because sometimes I do enjoy a day of reading. But I like knowing that my options to watch tv or go online is there for me. Plus, I hate being totally cut off from my hubby. What if something major had happened to him and somebody was trying to call me and the phone was off. I dont have a cell phone..so my house phone is the only way to reach me. Its thoughts like that, that give me panic attacks sometimes. I worry about the ship being attacked and not finding out about it because I'm cut off from the tv, internet and phone. I worry about him getting hurt and somebody not being able to get ahold of me. Because trust me..this has happened before. Only it was the other way around. Thank God for the Red Cross and my quick thinking friends otherwise it would've been really really bad. Ugh ya..I cant wait until we move. I'm never living in base housing again. Its been an interesting experience though, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-07-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

unless your house phone is cordless and/or cable modem you still have a phone when the power goes out.

that's why until I got cable phone I had hardwired phone.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't know if it's the heat or what, but our power went off twice today. It was off for an hour the first time, less the second time. Of course I was on this web site each time it happened! How annoying. At least it wasn't off too long. My DD was in the shower the second time when the bathroom went dark. Had to take a candle up to the bathroom to let her finish. Hope that's the end of that today!

One of my phones is corded so it will always work in the event of a power outage.

Last edited by murphmitch; 06-07-2008 at 06:30 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

My phone is cordless and the thing didnt even work. I checked, lol.