Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Hunger strips

My friend uses these and says they are really good, But she is really slim anyway. Does anybody on here know if they would help with weight loss and if so where do you get them?
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I looked them up and here are the ingredients -
INGREDIENTS: Corn starch, guarana seed extract, alginic acid, maltitol, natural mint flavour, aspartame, cellulose, glycerine, FD and C blue 1.

The only thing I think MAY help with hunger is the natural mint flavor. I know sipping mint tea helps curb hunger sometimes. Otherwise, really its just a gimick.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Oh, i can't have them, i can;t have naything with Aspartame in cis i suffer form cumulative aspartame posoning after drink nothing but diet Coke for the past 4 years.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
cis i suffer form cumulative aspartame posoning
I've never heard of this! Is this an official diagnoses? Do you have more information on the condition?

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #5  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
can;t have naything with Aspartame in cis i suffer form cumulative aspartame posoning after drink nothing but diet Coke for the past 4 years.
Wow, I should be dead. Outside of coffee and the occasional tea, I've had mostly Diet Coke since 4th grade. And I'm 35.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #6  

Yeah, it actually doesn't exist. There's no such thing.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Yeah, it actually doesn't exist. There's no such thing.

Lol, I think it is something like intolerance to aspartame due to long periods of intake. My dad became intolerant to aspartame after years of taking it in his diet drinks. Wouldn't know much of how though as I only drink water.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I just had to throw this in there

Quote:
The toxic effects of aspartame are most often cumulative, though immediate reactions can also occur. Aspartame poisoning has been cited as the cause of many health issues. This list is very long, but includes such things as headaches, memory loss, confusion, insomnia, depression and irritability as well as grand mal seizures and even death. As several researchers have shown, a major problem with diagnosis is that aspartame not only causes individual symptoms but can both trigger and mimic entire syndromes and diseases, from Lyme disease and systemic lupus to multiple sclerosis and brain tumors. As Mary Nash Stoddard, founder of the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network, states, "Aspartame is a prescription for disaster."
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #9  

Source for that quote? Anyone can say anything on the internet .. I tend to like to know the sources for info to make sure they're reputable.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #10  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

just one more add the guarana gives you energy therefore you are moving more and burining more calories. I was kinda intrigues until i heard guarana... cant have this or caffeine or anything... stupid heart problems..
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I hope Roobear wasn't scared away. It seems s/he hasn't posted since this thread.

Here's a link that people may or may not find interesting. There are many other links on the subject of artificial sweeteners on the same site as well.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...sweetener.html
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #12  

Here's my problem with that article:

Quote:
Associated Content is an Open Content Network.
Anyone can submit content on any subject in any format.
Believe me that I am more than willing to accept information with an open mind. But if the information isn't from a reliable and documentable source, then it's nothing more than rumor and fear mongering.

This article, for example, says: There are 92 documented symptoms of Aspartame poisoning leading to coma and death.
Ok, so show me the documentation. Real documentation from a reliable, responsible source. The problem is that the author can't because there aren't any.

Or this: The symptoms of Aspartame poisoning are known to mimic Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, and also Fibromyalgia
That's a scare tactic plain and simple .. because they "symptoms" of those diseases are hugely varied which is what often makes them difficult to diagnose. The symptoms of the FLU also mimic those of MS, Lupus, and FM. As do the symptoms of stroke and brain cancer. And the common cold.

This one cracks me up: Some known effects of Aspartame on diabetic patients are: acute memory loss, confusion, severe vision loss, uncontrollable blood sugar, coma, and death.
Um hello? Those are the effects of DIABETES on diabetic patients. Ever seen a diabetic who hasn't eaten enough? Or one who is going into sugar shock? I have. Yeah, memory loss, confusion, vision loss, uncontrollable blood sugar. That's diabetes for you ... not "aspartame poisoning". (I was a caregiver for an insulin dependent diabetic for 3 years. )

Then there's this: Congressional hearings were held when Aspartame was originally approved for use in 100 different products. Since that initial hearing, there have been two more hearings to try to ban this product, but to no avail
So show me the link to those hearings. All Congressional hearings are logged and are public record. There is no link because there have never been hearings to get Aspartame banned.

OTOH, there's a lot of *reliable* and *reputable* sources that refute most of the information in that article. Start here and move on from that:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

This one debunks a lot of those myths:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...990167,00.html

There's nothing wrong with choosing not to consume any item for any reason. But when someone tries to convince others to adopt the same changes ... I think it's beneficial to have good solid data to support the claims.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 06-12-2008 at 02:43 PM.