Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ June

CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ JUNE

---------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
Old 06-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK we crashed! Thank God we are all OK!!

Let's get going!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

We have survived lol. We are here. God is with us. We could have lost the whole site forever, we didn't.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad to be back posting again. Prayers continuing for all who posted on the "old" thread.

Have a blessed weekend all!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default a day for crashes!

Not only was 3fc down today, but our phone system was down, too(statewide, according to the phone co.--I did pay the bill- lol!)! I felt cut off from everyone, but glad it's back, now. Phone's restored too.

EZ-the prayer is beautiful-a good reminder of why we were put on this imperfect world

Counting-ditto-hoping to hear good outcomes for the prayer requests mentioned before the 'crash'

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We got our new laptop, so I'll be able to keep up with everyone during our vacation! God bless you all.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, I don't post here but I have an urgent prayer request. My friend is in hospital as I type fighting for the life of her unborn child. The doctors are trying to prevent a miscarriage. She isn't due until October and the doctor's say the baby is in a critical state and they could lose her/him any time. Please pray that God's will be done and if it is possible that He let this child live.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HOW STRANGE THAT IS: I thought ... where did our posts go? I missed the whole thing becuz we were out shopping until late afternoon. Picked up some lovely flowers today for my hanging baskets. Its started to pour on us a couple of times, but it cooled things down a bit. Spent the evening doing prayers for others: such a great need out there right now!

ISABELLA ~ prayers gone up for your friend and her baby.

RE PIERRETTE ~ haven't had word yet about her surgery as she is in the city hospital about 70+ kms away, but will let you know as soon as we hear anything. Thanks for all your prayers for her.

CAITLIN (Penmage) ~ keepin' up prayers for your surgery this MONDAY, JUNE 9, 2008 for you and your surgeons (may GOD bless them with his wisdom and knowledge); and comfort you too dear!

Hope you all have a great evening and weekend as well; and take good care, your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD^^PRAYERS^^ continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

ISABELLA ~ we are all sending up prayers at your request! We know that through Jesus Christ the will of our Lord will be done in all matters and that He does answer our prayers...maybe not as we "think" we want...but we know he answers in complete Love for us!

Continued prayers for Pierrete and Caitlin!

I am a little bummed because I posted to everyone last night! and now it's lost...

so sad over a little thing like that...

just think of how sad our Savior is over His "lost"

RONNI that is an awesome prayer...of course you know I didn't write it...but I didn't even originally post it either! I don't even remember who did...I just happened to be the one to continue things at some point...me, Wilma and Sue......

now our team is stronger in numbers!! Praise God!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A quick fly-in to say hello.
Prayers continuing for all!
Especially for Pierrette and Caitlin and Isabella's friend!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #10  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers for Caitlin, Pierrette, and now Isabella's friend,too. I think I said before the crash, it's so nice to have a place to come to focus on others and their needs. Gets me out of my 'poor me, I'm so fat and can't lose weight' attitude, which is sooooooo not where God wants me to be. You're all in my thoughts as I pray for good outcomes and God's will to be done.

Have a good day, all!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #11  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Just a little update on my friend. The doctors have said the weekend was a critical time for the baby. If she/he doesn't miscarry during these 2 or 3 days the chances of survival go up. He gave a 50% chance. The doctor has ordered complete bed rest for at least 3 weeks so my friend, a teacher, will not return to work this school year. Thank you for the prayers for her and the baby.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #12  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ just noticed the graduation pic of your 'nephew' ... please do tell him CONGRATULATIONS for us: that is a huge achievement in a day when there are so many distractions for our young men. You know that his father would be very proud of him, and very thankful to you and Angela for bringing his son so far along with such great success. I'm sure he is looking down with such gratitude towards you both!

ISABELLA ~ thanks for the update on your friend; we will continue to keep her in our prayers!

UPDATE ON UNCLE TOM ~ as I had put in my last post, TOM is doing fabulously and my aunt sent me a letter this morning asking me to thank everyone for your prayers once again. She says she now 'cries tears of joy' to see her husband able to sleep in his own bed for the whole night (instead of a chair), breathe well and clear, have no pain, and even able to do some work again. His most recent tests came back with positive results: no more damage and nothing has spread anywhere in his body.

Doctors are so pleased to see the improvement in his overall health and told them whatever you're doing ... keep it up!!! They really believe all the prayers of faithful Christians have been heard on high; and want to thank you all very much for taking the time out of your lives to think of them! They also want to thank the LORD and give Him all the praise and honor and glory for hearing and answering all our prayers!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!! ROSEBUD:

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-07-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Busy around here today. Angie and I did our 3.5 mile walk to Starbucks with the mutts today...mowed the grass and trimmed the bank, took nephew to and from the NAVY recruiter's office...he goes each Saturday and they work-out. Watched my Dodgers win and Big Brown lose

Having some of my nephew's friends and our church Vicar and a new member of our church over for the UFC fights tonight....Angie refuses to watch guys "killing" each other...go figure.

Prayers for my son as he gives the Baccalaureate Speech, for the high school he teaches at, tomorrow afternoon at a church near his high school. I may not make it, Angie and I have theater tickets and we are up for CATS tomorrow...gonna be a close one but I think we won't be out in time to make it there...nope.

ROSEBUD ~Thank you for the kind words on my nephew! we love him to pieces...good and bad days alike! As much as I am proud of him for what he "does"...I am disappointed for what he fails to do with so many blessings God has given him...guess that may be true for most of us AWESOME on Tom...AWESOME! Continued prayers!!

ISABELLA ~ Here is hoping that good news continues!

RONNI ~ Isn't it easy to be "poor me?"...coming here to ENCOURAGERS helps us all with that! We are an awesome TEAM!!!

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY LADIES!!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone, Good to be able to get to my computer again! We are in PA. right now at Tim's Dads house, just got in about 6:00 last night. Made it through Indiana before all the storms that came through.

So far been a pretty good trip. We did break a spring shackle on the 5th wheel and had to get that fixed on Thursday morning which set us back about 3 hours and $145 but it could have been a lot worse!! Darn pot holes in the highways!!

We'll probably be here another week or so before we head back to MO. to my Dads. Hopefully we can travel between storms again!

I was finally able to get to do my Walk Away Your Waistline this morning! First time since we left Colorado. It felt pretty good and I plan to do it again tomorrow. I did swim a couple days at my Dad's house in MO. before we left MO. but I didn't count that!

Isabella, Your friend and baby are in my thoughts and prayers! And I'm sure everyone here WELCOMES you! Be sure and keep us updated.

Well, everyone take care and know that I'm thinking of you and Blessings to all.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #15  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi all. I have been completely MIA for several weeks. I haven't even been lurking... anyway, my Niece was born Wednesday so I am the most proud Aunt you've ever seen! She is beautiful. I will post pictures of her here or you can find them on myspace.

My friend updated me on Cannon Thursday and said that Wednesday night he suffered a stroke and the doctors didn't expect him to live through the night. I still do not know if he passed on or if God has bigger plans for his little life.

Please keep me and my husband in your prayers. This past week has just been one trial after another. We need a vacation so bad but we can't afford it so we trudge along. We have both been to the point of giving up this week. so far we are still fighting and haven't given up yet...

Oh, we had Mike and Kelly Bowling at our church last night and it was an amazing concert. They are so sweet.

well, i must go get in the shower. you all are in my prayers.
Closed Thread