Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  
Need Motivation

Red face Safe Fat burner?

Hi Guys,

I have just started nurti system and I am interested in taking a safe effective fat burning pill, something that will help my enegy level rise up. I am really not sure what pills are good and what pills are bad as there are so many on the market now all claiming to be the best.
I have seen people say that " ALL PILLS" are bad but I am just not one of those lucky people who have high enegy for working out and I need a pick me up and some help. Is there anything that anyone recommends and has had success with?

Thanks

Vix
Vixen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Most fat burner pills contain caffeine and a mixture of other stuff. If you really wanted a bit of pep, I'd just recommend some caffeine although I'm not a big fan of caffeine.

One good thing about working out is it kind of gives you your energy back. I've known many people who had very low levels of energy and started working out and started actually to gain energy. I tend to have more energy when I'm working out as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #3  
it's always something

Honestly, none do what they claim. If they did, obesity wouldn't be a problem. Diet pills contain a variety of ingredients from fiber fillers to make you feel a tiny bit fuller, to large amounts of stimulants from caffeine etc.

I know it sounds simple and boring, but things like getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of fluids, and making sure your diet is balanced can make a big difference in your energy level. Exercise increases energy. It may be tough at first, but after your body gets used to it then you will feel more energy.

All that said, there is one product that I'm aware of that might help increase energy without stimulants and it's NOT marketed as a diet pill or fat burner etc, because it's not either one. Dr. Weil makes a product called Energy Support that is supposed to increase energy. I haven't tried it but my son was taking it regularly for a while and said he thought it really helped his energy levels. It wasn't instant, but very noticeable after he took it regularly for a while. It's made from cordyceps (a type of mushroom) and
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #4  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

i tried lipo 6 hers and it dosent work at all it just gives you a kick to start your day like any cup of coffee would do but it didnt burn the fat
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Fat burning--get some good track shoes.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'd like to echo the comments made above. This is just my personal view and I'm not claiming to be an expert on the topic, but I really believe that most alleged positive outcomes of energy pills seem to be accountable for by a simple placebo effect. The feeling of "energy" is such an intangible and subjective thing that I honestly think that the mere knowledge that you ought to be feeling more energetic from the pill you just popped can actually bring about that feeling in itself. Maybe for some people, that's reason enough to take a pill, but my personal view is that it's a pretty expensive illusion.

I really agree with nelie's comment about feeling more energetic through exercise. Although I have physically exerted myself when I return from the gym, I feel so much more stimulated, energetic and alert than I did before I went. Leading a sedentary lifestyle makes you feel listless and unenergetic, and I really feel that the only way to combat this, hard as it may be, is to just get up and move some more. It can be so hard to find the motivation, but once you've started to do it, I'm sure you'll soon feel the benefits.

I don't mean to cause any offence, but people that have the energy to work out aren't "lucky people". They aren't endowed with anything different to you or I. They just manage to motivate themselves to exercise more effectively and thus reap the energy rewards that follow. I really don't think there's any secret or luck to it at all.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote