Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 AM   #1  
jemini6782

S/C/G: i am 219 i want to be 150

Height: 5'3''

Default special k

hey has any one tried the special k cereal diet? i started and actually lost 2lbs already. just curious if anyone else has tried and had results?
jemini6782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #2  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I tend to eat a lot of special K. Not for thier "diet" but I eat it in the morning, then at lunch or dinner if I am just not in the mood for anything....So there are quite a few days I have had 2 bowls of cereal and 1 real meal. It does work. But it surely isnt a LONG TERM diet plan.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10

It would be better for me then slimfast because I don't like drinking my foods.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

if you are creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. I am not sure what their diet is (are you eating special k multiple times per day?) but if it creates a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Is it healthy? Do you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well? Those are other things to ask when embarking on a new 'diet' plan.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #5  

From the way they advertise it, I think you eat Special K for two meals a day and then have a regular meal for your third. I certainly don't think it's intended as a lifelong plan. But maybe if you need to get into a wedding dress in two weeks or something like that.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I did it a few years ago. It worked, but after a while I started wondering why I was eating a bowl of cereal for lunch when I could make and sandwich with the same number of calories.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

They advertise to have 2 meals of cereal per day for 2 weeks.
Not sure if they intend for you to continue after 2 weeks, though.
I think it says lose an inch off your waist in 2 weeks.
I'm sure it can work, because a bowl of cereal is what? 200 calories?
Sometimes I have Kashi cereal for lunch if I don't feel like making a sandwich
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #8  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

A girl I work with tried this diet and came complaining to me that she was gaining weight. Unfortunately she's not the brightest crayon in the box and had been eating two bowls of cereal a day in addition to her normal meals. I guess she figured there was some sort of magical weight loss ingredient in the cereal that burns calories.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #9  

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADrive View Post
A girl I work with tried this diet and came complaining to me that she was gaining weight. Unfortunately she's not the brightest crayon in the box and had been eating two bowls of cereal a day in addition to her normal meals. I guess she figured there was some sort of magical weight loss ingredient in the cereal that burns calories.
lol!
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'7"

This 'diet' gets me so angry whenever i hear it advertised as it is blatent manipulation of women to buy more Special K! The fact is, if a woman has the will power to eat a bowl of cereal for lunch or dinner, they most likely wouldn't have a problem losing weight in the more healthy way of eating an actual BALANCED meal for lunch or dinner! Right?!

Also it is only advertised to be a short term diet for 2 weeks, which i think shows that even Kellogs realise that it isn't the healthiest of ways to lose weight!

One more thing which would stop me doing this diet is the recommended bowl size is so teeny compared to mine! I weighed a bowl of Special K that I prepared and it was 60g, and i thought it was reasonably sized....only to realise that's DOUBLE the size they recommend!! That means double the calories!! Yeesh!

So im not a fan!!!
katewillbehappier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #11  
I Use To Eat All The Pies

S/C/G: 196/Ticker/131

Height: 5" 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADrive View Post
Aww bless! Thats actually cute! LOL
GlitteringPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katewillbehappier View Post
This 'diet' gets me so angry whenever i hear it advertised as it is blatent manipulation of women to buy more Special K! The fact is, if a woman has the will power to eat a bowl of cereal for lunch or dinner, they most likely wouldn't have a problem losing weight in the more healthy way of eating an actual BALANCED meal for lunch or dinner! Right?!
so true... a bowl of that stuff WITH milk i think is under 200 calories (if you use the ridiculously tiny amount of cereal they call a serving). if you can eat that little for two meals and not binge ravenously at your third, sure you're gonna lose weight, but that can't be maintained!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #13  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I haven't but I eat special k cereal 4 breakfast with soy milk. I love there bars and snacks.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #14  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Never done their diet before. Never intend to. But I freaking LOVE that cereal.

Don't think I could eat it 2 meals a day for 2 weeks though. Yick!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

They have a Special K Protein cereal. If your going to do the diet, might as well get the stuff with more protein and fiber, right? It's in a smaller, blue box. Not as good as the regular stuff, but still pretty tasty.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote