General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Question Does anybody wear the hi-tech workout clothes?

What I mean is the workout clothes that are made to keep you dry and wick the sweat away - I have been ogling them, quite lustily, for a while but I haven't bought any. They all feel so polyester-ish to me. If anybody has these, how are they working out for you? I am always afraid that they would make me (due to the fabric) sweat even more, and believe me, I don't need any additional help in that department.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh yes! I have a heavier Nike zip up turtleneck and capri pants for running in cold weather. They keeps me dry and comfortable and is so wonderful! I've seen some nice shorts for summertime and might get some soon.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

The Nike dri-fit stuff rocks.

I actually wear them when I'm shooting weddings and I know a lot of male photographers who swear by the Nike dri-fit mock t for a more "formal" look when they're shooting as well.

I had the same concerns as you about the feel of them, but they really work!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #4  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

I have a sleeveless moisture wick shirt (not a name brand, something I picked up in a drugstore) I wear for working out and got some little moisture wick sockies for Xmas. Love them, Love them. I hate it when my feet sweat and they help a great deal, the shirt works great too.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #5  
Feelin good in my skin

Depending on your work out regime - will determine what type of gear you need.

If you are working out for under an hour and don't sweat too much.. cotton/anything will work... But work-out gear is so much better if you are working out longer than 45 min to an hour... or if you sweat a lot.

Wicking - does just that.. is wicks the water off your skin and lets the water evaporate. I buy work out clothes everywhere - Nike, Running store, Target, TJMaxx, etc. They're worth it!

Don't work out in Cotton - it chaffes and it holds onto your sweat. Cotton also shows your sweat (everywhere you sweat***) yuck

I once wore a cotton shirt on a long run - it was a hot day.. by the end of my run - my shirt looked like a nightgown and weighed about 2 lbs...
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #6  
No description available.

I'm very attached to my workout gear. In fact, I now workout in regular cotton t-shirts only when I absolutely have to.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Thanks ladies, your answers are muchly appreciated. I did see some Nike stuff yesterday and I liked how the fabric felt (more cottony feel than others, although it was the Dri-Fit stuff). Unfortunately, it was pink and long sleeves. I hoping to find something decent in Toronto next week - I have not found much where I live (although I have not explored all stores yet).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote