Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

Default calorie cycling + cabbage soup / other high fiber low cal diets

I was looking today at the infamous cabbage soup diet plan, and it definitely seems a little too intense for me. I don't think I would feel very good on that kind of a diet. That said, I was wondering if anyone has tried doing an occasional day of cabbage soup plus veggies or fruit, just to cut back on their overall intake of calories (like in calorie cycling). I think I could easily do it for a day every couple of weeks, though I haven't tried the soup yet so I can't really say for sure, haha.
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 AM   #2  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I did eat the cabbage soup for a while - but didn't keep to the diet , and I did lose weight at the time, didn't know how much the cabbage soup itself worked, or just lo cal soup in general. Anyway - the soup tasted good, and people who do really keep to the diet DO lose a lot of weight in a short time.
HTH
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've found that cabbage soup (sometimes with TVP) works very well with calorie counting. I could never eat the same thing for all my meals but a bowl of that for lunch a couple of days in a row is a good idea.

Freeze some for next week.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Actually I'm quite surprised I always imagined it would taste like cabbage water so not very pleasant! I'm tempted to try some now
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love low calorie soups as a way to fill me up on "super hunger" days. I google "zero point soups" (I was on WW, when I first found them) and browse through them, or just invent my own (low fat chicken broth, a can of V-8 or tomato juice and throw in as many low calorie veggies as I want to).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I often do the low cal/nutritious soups for lunch to fill me up with few calories, that way I am sure to stay within my limits.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote