Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  

Default Floozies #33

I hope you find this thread, ladies! The other one was getting toooooo looooooonggggg!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Thank you Shelley for starting the new thread! Your a sweetie! We came home from church to find police officers, orange cones, flags etc. out down the street a couple of blocks. I guess we had a couple of stabbings in our area. Really makes me feel secure about letting my child out to play...
Off to the graduation, hopefully all will go well and ding-ding SIL will be on her best behavior. She is married to a superintendant of schools with a huge ego, quite the pair, he thinks he knows everything and she is a ding-bat. LOL!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for starting a new thread Shelley...this one loaded much faster for me!

Gayle, that is so scary! It seems that things like that are happening everywhere these days. It doesn't matter if you live in a small town or big city. It's a scary world we live in.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:33 AM   #4  

Whoa, Gayle. That is very scary.
We are getting new neighbors. The house next to us finally sold, after 2 years. I am very excited. They seem nice..
Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #5  
Janice

Holy cow Gayle, that is not good. Good luck at graduation.
Dee - prayers to you and your family.
The weather here is terrible, it rained all weekend.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #6  

Dee, I'm thinking of you during this time.

Shelley, glad you liked the pics of Jake! Yea--New neighbors! Hope they're good folks!

Gayle, those stabbings would cause me to keep Jake inside for quite a while!

Janice, I know how it is with the rain. It's finally stopped here--we probably won't get anymore 'til August now!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 AM   #7  

Send some rain my way, ladies! We really need it in Fl.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #8  
Janice

Shelley - I would gladly send you some rain. I have seen the wild fires on TV, must be very scary. There is so much devastation in the world right now with the eathquake in China I can't imagine the suffering of those poor people. I should count me blessings that all I have to complain about is rain.
I weighed in this morning and gained 3 pounds. I didn't log and keep track of my calories last week and thats what happens. I am back to logging my food and keeping track of everything that goes into my body. I AM A BAD GIRL!!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #9  

Hi girls, I am just checking in to let you know that we are home.
It has been tough. It is a long story....It just doesn't seem fair but we are just the step kids. Nobody let us know that he died on monday. Dez was reading the paper on her birthday on friday and said oh no. I looked over and seen that she was looking at the obituaries. I went over to see who died. She said it was Papa. I couldn't believe that nobody even called us to tell us. He wasn't close to his kids so we never seen them except at their wedding and viv's funeral. He never saw them either.
We loved Papa, He was the one person that we knew that loved life to the fullest. He was so compassionate and caring and funny. There is a big whole in our life without him. We were his family but not in blood. Larry truly adopted them as his real family. Papa couldn't believe that Larry's dad didn't want to be a father figure or a grampa. He said he was so lucky to have us but we felt that way about him.
We decided not to go to the funeral on saturday. He didn't want one and his kids that didn't know him put it on. We felt like we were outsiders as no one thought to let us know that he died or that he had been in the hospital for 10 days prior. I feel so cheated that we didn't get to say good bye.
He was 73 and died of a broken heart. We lost Baba at Christmas and Papa couldn't go on without her.
They were country singers. They cut a cd a few years ago. I am just playing it now. Oh it hurts to know that we won't be seeing them for a long time. The tears just won't stop. I feel like a fool because there is no one to cry with. Just the kids and Larry and they are saying it is over life goes on and not showing any emotion. Now that is scary. We have had so much death that they can't cope with it any more.
But boy do we have some awesome memories. The best memories I have are with them because they were so spunky and fun and full of love. I guess that is why there is so much pain.

Don't forget to tell your love ones that you love them.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Dee, we need to remember we have everlasting life. Our time here on Earth is short, and we need to remember life after death continues. No wonder your crying, Papa and Viv sound like they were wonderful people. I KNOW they are in Heaven together and just as loving as ever. It's sad when families have problems. Steve & my families act like complete ding-dongs. I haven't spoken to 2 sisters and a brother in several years because of the way they treat a parent. Even though you couldn't be with Papa, he truly knew who loved him, no question at all. God bless your family and I wish all of you peace soon.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #11  
Janice

Dee- my heart breaks for you. I know how much you miss them, but their love and memories will be with you forever until you see them again. Everyone handles grief differently and in there own way.
We got a call Monday night, Doug's uncle had just passed away. He was having angioplasty surgery on his heart and didn't make it. The service is on Saturday. Such sad news lately.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #12  
Losing it!

How sad Janice. We have had alot of grief on here as of late. Prayers to your family.

Cheryl, are you doing ok with your upcoming surgery? Is it still scheduled for Friday?

Hmmmm...a little birdie told me we have a birthday on the board coming up next week...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #13  

Dee, my heart is breaking for you. I can't believe no one thought to let y'all know that Papa was sick and then when he died. I hate it when people who don't care for a person act like they were the ones who did everything for them when they were alive. Those are usually the same ones who fight over all of the possessions.

Gayle, my surgery is still on go for Friday. I'm not worried about it--I figure whatever happens happens. I made a tape of myself singing and talking to Jake for him to have just in case something unexpected happens to me. I want him to know Momma loved him and to "remember" my voice.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Love and hugs to you Dee. I know how difficult it is to be surrounded by so much sickness, death and heartache. I also know that there isn't much that anyone can say or do to make it better, so just know that you are loved and that we all care.

Janice, you and your family are also in my prayers. My sympathies to Doug and the rest of the family.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #15  

Janice I am sorry to hear about Doug's uncle. I understand the pain you must be going through.
Don't beat yourself up on the 3 pounds lost. Just get back to it and journal. You did it before and you can do it again.

Cheryl you will do fine on friday. I know that you must be scared. Our prayers are with you. Whe n you talked about leaving a tape for Jake so he coulld here you, that is such a good idea. Yesterday I put on Lucky and Viv's cd they made. It was like they were right here with me.
You are right it will be his kids that are going to fight for everything. We want so very few things and they are things that we gave them. Even then if there will be some trouble them we will back out and keep our memories because that is better than any of that stuff.

I don't think that I even told you that today was the day for my next painful back procedure. I went this morning all drugged up and then they decided since my back is doing so well they will leave it alone and treat my leg. He hesitated about doing it right away because he perfers a scan of it first. So now I am waiting for an appointment then we will go again.
I am still whoosy from the drugs but I am feeling better.

Prayers to all you ladies than need a little extra love and comfort. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by Deelite; 05-22-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread