South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Meanderings

Oh yeay, it's Monday again already. I had a nice, relaxing weekend, but it went by too fast!

I have to be at the hospital by 8am for my yearly mammogram, so no early morning exercising for me. I don't want to get all sweaty, especially without deodorant. I hope it's a quick-in quick-out, so I'll have time to do something before I pick up Maggie. My eating was stellar all weekend, and my jeans are feeling comfortable once again.

How's everyone's Monday shaping up?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #2  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning cottage (and anyone I miss). I heard getting a mammogram hurts. I'm not looking forward to having those done. I did terrible on eating this weekend. I did really good last week, I got over my plateau but gained it back, is it possible to do that in one day?! Crazy. I'm hoping I can make it to the gym today for yoga and step aerobics. My DD sleeps in till 930 and the first class starts at 830. I drop my kids off at about 745 so I'm thinking I might have to either wake them up earlier or just go to afternoon classes or the cycling class. We'll see i guess.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

Have you ever watched "The First 48"? Last nights episode scared me.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage! Hope the mammo goes quickly so you can go play!
Morning to all that follow.

I had a great weekend. Got a lot of work and gardening done and had a great time at an art show/after party on Sat. night. Apparently my husband did too, because in all the years I've known him, It was the FIRST time I've ever confiscated the keys and drove home when we've gone out. It was a 45 minute trip and he did not quit talking (expressively) the whole way home! He was pretty funny. He didn't feel too funny yesterday as he works on Sundays and had a hectic day at work on top of feeling a little "overhung".

One more week at school and I'm free! I get out one week from today.yeah!

Morning TK...we were posting at the same time.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-19-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!!

Since my kids share everything, my DD gave my DS her cold...and he has a 102.6 temp . He acts great though! So, he gets to go with me to work today (it's a VERY short day, and my boss has a play area for the kids). At least he doesn't act pathetic.

I realized I've never introduced myself, maybe I'll meander over to that section....
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Monday Meanderers! It's Victoria Day today but there won't be too much celebration of the Queens BD as it's cold and pouring rain. This is the traditional weekend for the start of cottages and camping in the park but it's pretty soggy.

I intend to take today to decompress after the flurry of last week. I'll read, quilt, nap and pet Hershey who is feeling a tad neglected. We need another dog but I'm trying to hold off until early fall.

Need more coffee and to tour another Forum so will be back later to catch up.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #6  

tkglenn, I don't mind getting mammos at all, and they've never hurt. They're pretty much a breeze! I hope you can make it to your exercise classes today and get back on track!

Cat, it sounds like you both had a good time at the party! The kids around here are winding down their school year, too. Audrey and Maggie get out June 9, but Amber goes until the 20th. Do you have any big vacation plans for your summer break?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey Cottage, no, no big plans for the summer. I MAY go visit my daughter in L.A., but not sure yet.

Wow...getting out of school on June 20th??? When do they go back in the fall? We have to go back on the 5th of August this year. yuk. But hopefully, I'll have a full time position by that time and I'll be all "gung-ho".
Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #8  

Cat, most schools start their Fall semester right after Labor Day. So they get out later than you, but go back later than you, too.

Morning, Ruth!

Twynn, it's nice to have you joining us! Too bad about your DS, but it's great that you can take him to work with you! That's really nice that there's a play area for the kids.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-19-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 AM   #9  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

I think I'll be able to go to the gym after all. DD just woke up. She sleeps with a talking elmo (when you push the button) and she rolled over it, seen the hallway light on and woke up. I think today will be a faily good day. She woke up so I'll be able to go to the gym, she woke up early enough to take an early nap and I'll be able to clean the house..........I"m really hoping Powell's award ceremony isn't today. I haven't gotten any notices about it so.......we'll see I guess.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning....

cottage good luck with the Mammo.... tk it doesn't hurt me... well it pulls under my arms... it's not so bad....

ruth sorry you've got our rain.... the sun is coming i promise

hi everyone else.

i have a CAT scan for my gut this morning.... I plan to go to work but who knows how I'll react to the barium... ugh... TWO bottles.... AT 9

then i go for blood work then the cat at 10

scale is being very very kind to me but then who can blame it when i LIVE in the bathroom!

have a great day my fellow beachers....
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - on the jeans! Hope all goes well this morning. I'm hoping easier mammos will result from the sad state of my post weight loss boobs. It would be nice to have one good thing come of that!

TK - have fun at the gym!

Cat - Can't wait to see new pictures of your gardens

Twynn

Ruth - Sounds like you have a perfect, relaxing day planned. I've got an extra cup of coffee here if you'd like one

Nessa - I hope they figure out what's going on with your belly and it's something easy to take care of.

Kim - sounds like you're back on track

Today is my get ready for Maine day. I'm making egg muffins, garbanzo salad, and roasted garbanzos to take. I've also got some taco bake for taco salads. It looks like a windy, rainy day so no biking today. We are taking the bikes with us so between that and walking I should get plenty of exercise.

I will have my very first planned off plan dinner while at the coast. I absolutely love whole clams, fried unfortunately. We will have one meal out and I'm going to order them with extra salad, no fries or cole slaw. I don't think the world will end and I'll enjoy them. Not sure how my belly will feel about it, but I'll find out.

Now to errands. Have a good day all!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Monday Morning, all!

Cottage: Hope the mammo is quick - even if they don't hurt, they're not enjoyable! Hope you have time to get a quick workout in as well!

tk: I'm glad your DD woke up so that you'll be able to work out! Enjoy your day.

Cat: I'm glad you and DH had such a great time, but sorry that his Sunday wasn't too hot. Ah well, the prices we pay for our indulgences. I imagine your garden can take up quite a bit of a weekend - it's gorgeous! Enjoy your day.

TwynnB! Sorry that DS is sick, but I'm glad you can take him to work - it's so nice when employers remember that their employees have families! Have a nice day in spite of your sick kiddo.

Ruth: Enjoy your time "off". You certainly do earn it! Give Hershey a pat for me when you two have cuddle time.

Nessa: Good luck with your CAT scan and the barium. Hope you have a nice day in spite of the medical testing going on.

Me: It's a good morning for me. Woke up early enough to post here, make a P1 breakfast, and prep stuff for dinner tonight. Nothing much going on here. I'm just planning on working, working out while dinner is in the oven and washing the bed linens for our guests this weekend. (MIL and her boyfriend). We're actually looking forward to their visit. The only problem is that she knows we make a lot more money than she does and doesn't understand why we're paying our debt down, so she thinks we'll blow our money on $30 lunches and gas to go sight-seeing with them. Unfortunately, we will not. We'll see how that works out. I'm confident it will all be fine and will leave it to DH to discuss it with her if it does come up.

Well, need to sautee some onions and garlic for the Meatball Casserole and also slice up some zucchini. Hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cyndi: You enjoy those fried clams. You have certainly come a long way, and you may not deserve it, but you have earned it! (That's a saying from Financial Peace - and I've decided to apply it to most facets of my life). You'll have to be sure and take lots of pics - a vacation in Maine is one of mine and DH's goals.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

You chicks are up an acacklin' away this morning!
Nothing exciting going on around here, just the usual Monday stuff.
I had the kids with me shopping yesterday and let them get some Klondike bars. I ate one last night watching the movie. It was good but made me feel sick. Stupid thing to do...
Hope you all have a great start to the week. Nessa, good luck with the test.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Good morning ladies! Well, it is my last week of maternity leave -- I am excited to start my new job, but kinda sad to close this chapter. My baby is almost 10 weeks old! So I am sure it'll be a busy week as I have a lot to still do. But I am looking forward to it.

I lost another 2 pounds this week -- yay!

I hope everyone has a great monday!
Closed Thread