Old 05-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Dreams... completely OT

So this is completely off topic, but it's frustrated me today none the less.

I have always been a dreamer. Sometimes I won't dream for maybe a week or so but it always kicks back up, especially during TOM... and I've always been a VERY VERY VERY vivid dreamer. I can probably remember some dreams I've had years ago better than things I was actually doing at that time if that explains anything.

So last night I had one of those dreams where when I woke up I actually had to stop and say "did that really happen?" It took a good 20 minutes of me being awake to realize that NO it was all a dream and none of it had actually happened.

The other frustrating thing is that I hate dreaming about certain people. I know that may sound weird. Probably 8 out of 10 dreams of mine are about the ocean. Again, weird, but I attribute that to me being a water sign. I would constantly dream about an ex of mine when we were together. I still find myself dreaming about it him and it has just become annoying. It's probably my sub-conscience trying to process my emotions, but sometimes I wake up and it will kind of throw me off for a whole day.

Does this happen with anyone else?!

*HMPH!*
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #2  
Kristen Denece

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'4

yes it does happen! hahaha i know exactly how u feel except my dreams are soooooo vivid it is rarely that i dont remember them my friend is getting sick of hearing about my dream escapades every morning. you should get a dream book or u can look online and look up things that u had in ur dream maybe not "exboyfriend" per say but "ocean" and other little details about it its pretty neat what u can come up with.
KristenFlynn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #3  

Oh yeah I always go look at them the next day. Crazy stuff. Just annoying as all get out!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I'm a dreamer... I may not remember them for weeks on end, but then suddenly I'll have 50 in a row I remember.

Even last night, I dreamt I was hitchhiking and was picked up in a fancy car and was going to go through some tests to see if I was the "south sign". If the Southern Dragon decided I was the "south sign" I'd be marrying the Southern Prince.... WTF? And it was a lot more detailed than that... I was told I had to make a medallion/compass type thing... but I won't go too into it... it was a dream afterall.

Minds are strange places, no?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Minds are strange places, no?
Dear god, if you knew the kind of stuff that went on in my mind that would be an understatement!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #6  
Bikini Season :)

dreamer - checking in. although 9x out of 10 - they are very vivid nightmares. i never dream mild things, and the nightmares are usually extremely real. being hunted by other people, someone being in the house, someone being purposefully in my life to try to kill me, kidnappings, rapes, etc... often times my dreams refer back to other one where i will "remember" the people from previous dreams and they will be in the current one, often referring back to things that happened in old dreams. when i was really young i had the same dreams but my parents had a hard time waking me up from them. they would put me in a cold shower in my sleep because i would be screaming but wouldnt wake up. i used to sleep walk really badly too. luckily, i can wake up from them now, and i dont sleep walk very often. however - generally - i actually DO die in my dreams. its not where most people say they wake up before anything really bad happens - i have the bad stuff happens and i am aware all the way to feeling myself stopping breathing and things getting very fuzzy and dark... THEN i wake up! its weird!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Dear god, if you knew the kind of stuff that went on in my mind that would be an understatement!
I think that's very true for most of the world!!!! It's just an uncomfortable thing to bring up in the regular day-to-day!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #8  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

"You may say that Im a dreamer but Im not the only one..."
^^ Don't know why I kept thinking that as I was reading this thread
So yeh, I dream some of the weirdest things too. I used to have very terrifying dreams (Kind of similar to yours, KateRN. ) but it would be the same dream over and over and over. and everytime i had the dream I would think that It had really happened bc it was so vivid and I would have to review it over and over in my head. I still have the dream, but luckily I can control it now. LIke, now I am able to realize that I am dreaming and then the dream changes. weird, i know. but kinda cool
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i dont dream at all....
my boyfriend tells me all about his crazy dreams....
it makes me so jealous!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #10  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

yesterday i dreamed 'bout my mr right, someone i don't know yet (but i hope i will evetually) and i really didn't wanted to get up, so i threw my phone so far i think i broke it.
olguitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #11  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm quite a dreamer, too...I used to have all sorts of dreams growing up. Then around the time I was leaving Korea, I started having lots of sad dreams.
Well, when I have sad dreams, I cry and more often than not, I wake up with my pillow SOAKED...and sit there and cry and cry until I realize that it was only a dream. Then I am all relieved and call whoever I was sad for to make sure they are okay. I had to do that quite often with my mom...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I envy people who have really clear dreams that they can explain. I have dreams, but they're SOOO weird and disjointed that I couldn't possibly put them into a story, even when I do remember them.

Last night I had one of the clearest, least bizarre dreams that I've had in years! It went something like this...

I'm at the mall trying to buy a shirt that I really like, but it doesn't have a tag, so I try to find a salesperson but I find this woman I know named Kim who asks if I want to listen to this song, I tell her I've never heard it so she turns the radio on, then I find a saleswoman and I try to tell her what I want, but instead she calls a manager and stands there telling her friend (who started out male but by the end was female) about an episode of The Sopranos and stapling pieces of paper together, then to explain why she can't ring up my shirt she shows me an article in Time magazine about a serial killer from Arizona. At some point, Kim's son was drinking can after can of Mountain Dew, but I don't remember where that fit in.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 AM   #13  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Count me in as one who has vivid, and often very odd, dreams:

In my dreams I am sometimes another person completely: man, woman, celebrity, a character on a TV show ---you name it, I've been it!

I've had dreams where I'm not in them at all, in any form: it's more like I'm watching a movie from beginning to end.

Sometimes I realize that I've had the same dream before but didn't like how it went, so I do something so it will turn out different.

A few times I have become aware that I am dreaming, and start to control it. That can be fun! But if I concentrate on it too hard, I wake up.

Other times when I am dreaming I am SO certain that I'm awake and that it's all really happening that when I actually do wake up I am pretty disorientated. Just like Feral, sometimes I have to really think about whether something just happened in a dream or was real. And sometimes I'm not sure.

I have had dreams where I fly around like Superman, where dragons roam, where Jesus has turned up to lecture me, where mountains turn into balloons and float away, and so many odd things that when I wake up I just think "Okay....where did THAT come from??"
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

apple cheks-what did Jesus look like? My DH has weird dreams all the time. He suffers from ptsd because he went to war. These dreams are a part of his ptsd. He tells me his dreams and they are just flat out bizarre. I have weird dreams too. One comes to mind where DS2 jumped into a pool in the deepend and he couldn't swim. I seen him trying to get air and yelling for me. I threw DD down and jumped in. There were times when he would sink and I was reaching out for him and then I would look up and he was at the surface just to find him sinking again. I remember seeing his hand reaching for mine, I grabbed it and pulled him out. He was just laying there like he was sleeping. I tried waking him up so that I could help him get the water out of his lungs. He just layed there and I called his name. He didn't open his eyes but answered me. I asked him if he was ok and he was so proud of himself because he held his breath for a long time and didn't get any water in his body. Weird.

I used to have a friend that would be able to read dreams. He was always right on it everytime I went to him about a dream. Pretty neat.

My DH sleep walks too.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #15  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I couldn't say what he looked like: He was just a huge glowing light that was coming from behind a piece of furniture!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote