Old 05-01-2008, 02:54 AM   #1  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Exclamation Dag gone it Derrydaughter!!

3 weeks!!

3 weeks you have been gone from the boards and your home thread. In all the years I have known you, you have never been absent this long.

Please baby girls...

If your struggling reach out.
If your on track... YaY!

I guess all these words are really saying besides I miss you. Is how are you?

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

I, too, have missed Linda, and wonder if all is well. We won't assume she's off-program at all, but just want her to know we miss her. Here's hoping she'll give us a wave soon to let us know she's okay.

PMs are a good idea for a shout out to just one member, but sweetnsassy has a heartfelt message for all of us: It IS hard to keep posting when we aren't doing so well with eating, and that's just the time we need to be here, reading for inspiration. I know I have felt ashamed when I've been off-program, and the last thing I want to do is come here and admit it. But when we keep checking in during those times, it gives us some strength and gives us a hand up back on the wagon.

We're all in this together, and you each make the journey more pleasant.

Last edited by Jane; 05-01-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #3  

(( Pictures say a 1000 words don't they?!? ))

P.S.S.

((( In case they don't... Wondering.... Listening for a sign/sound... Sad cuz I don't hear one... Dunno... Peers real hard thru the puter screen... Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies... The bunny besides being TOOOOOO cute! Is to say... Some Bunny's thinking about you. )))

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 05-08-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #4  

HERE I AM!
I'm back.
I was a very bad girl. I fell off the wagon completely, blew it and now I have returned with a renewed sense of who I am and what I need. At least I hope I can do this.
I think I just got tired of WW, the journals, the points, the worry.... I needed a break. I was doing ok, but when I weighed in and gained back 6 pounds, I knew exactly where I needed to be. HERE!
Also, have to admit that I have been doing, doing, doing everything for everyone else and not doing anything for me all this time. I have to take care of myself.
I'm glad to be back and am glad to have been missed.
HUGS and thanks for wanting me back, it feels good to be missed!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Oh, sweetie, it's so good to see you here again. I'm glad you've committed to focusing on yourself now.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey, I know I've never posted with you girls, but I love the love you're sending out!! It's so true, it is hard to post when you're off the wagon, but that is such the time TO stay in contact!!

I'm also responding bc I just totally fell off the wagon, too, and at first, it felt so liberating to stop counting points and measuring food and planning ahead, but after a few days, I just feel like crap! So, tomorrow I'm getting back OP. Good luck to everyone here!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:11 AM   #7  

(( Dancing cuz she's back! High fivinīcuz she knows what she has to do And has a plan! Dancing cuz she 's back! Rooting for her!! Group hug because... TOGETHER WE CAN!! Woo Hoo says it all. The bunny... Because I really Really love that bunny!! ))

Lizzy "so liberating to stop counting points"

Do we ever Really stop? I think once a WWer always a WWer. Once we learn the points, especially for the things we eat all the time. Its forever stuck in our heads! There isnt a food out there that my brain wont whisper to me... Thats low in points/point friendly or WoWzers thats a truck load of points!!

Good or bad days, on program- off, those ghostly guestimates will forever haunt you. And thats a good thing!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #8  

Firstly, Shrinkinglizzy, I like the way you said how you love the love... that was cute. Some of us have been on 3FC a VERY long time, for me it's got to be about 4 years now?
Sassy and I go way back and I do love her dearly. It's funny how we know each other by our screen names and have never met, but there is a closeness that some people who meet face to face or even live next door to each other and will never share.

Ah, once a WW, always a WW.... but honesty is called for me here, you can be sure. I totally ignored it all for a few weeks. I was almost what I would call defiant.
I do think of it like an alcoholic on a binge. Cake(s), wine, french fries, all the "forbidden fruit" was calling my name. I was blocking all the typical WW messages. I think I did learn something, and I think the day I stop learning is the day I need to pack it all in. I learned that I need to find a way to save up flex points or activity points and allow myself to indulge in a few treats once in awhile that will help me not feel I am denying myself over a long period of time.
I have no clue how to do this, but I must figure out a way where I can work one weekly ice cream cone or piece of cake, or something, into my food plan and not go completely off the wagon.
Sassy, I am so glad you missed me!
Hugs!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 AM   #9  

Jane, I did want to mention that I appreciate your concern and welcoming me back.
I went back to my meeting last night and lost .6, nothing special, but still a loss.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

You're welcome, sweetie. About the .6 gone - any loss is special, Linda! Just ask anyone that's showing no loss or a gain! Woo Hoo for being on the right track again.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 12.10st/12.6.5st/9.7st

Height: 5ft 1ins

Hi girls wow just read through this thread and it really touched me, you're all so supportive of each other its really wonderful to read. Lizze something you said about feeling liberated when you fall off the wagon, to me that just makes me wonder how much of that is you (and me, and the rest of us) not trusting ourselves and believing in ourselves enough to feel that we actually DESERVE to lose weight, we deserve to be slimmer, healthier and happier with ourselves, and just thinking stuff it, its easier to stay the way I am?? How much did you actually enjoy that food that you ate those couple of days when you were off plan? Not much from what you're saying, that you felt awful after a few days, I'm not attacking you personally hun just a general observation that we all seem to 'allow' ourselves to drop off like we're somehow doing ourselves a favour, treating ourselves, when really we couldnt be doing more harm! I think we should make a pact to try so damn hard not to fall off the wagon --- but, if we do, not to think that the food we're eating when off is somehow so much better than when we're on plan, cos it SO isnt!
But I'm glad you all seem to be back on plan - sometimes the trick is just to forgive ourselves and move on.
JoJo85 is offline   Reply With Quote