Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default Commitment to Christmas

I know Christmas is a long way away.
(It's also my absolute favorite time of the year).
it is 32 weeks from today actually, I just counted!
I am going to be maintaining by then, but in order to do that, I need to really, really commit to this & I need company.

I weighed 153 this am. I know a few pounds are water, but I am off the wagon and need to get it together. If I lose just about a pound a week on average, I will be at 120 by Christmas, that would be awesome. My stretch goal is to lose 1.25 and get to 111.

Who else needs to commit to this for the long haul?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hey, great idea. I just set Christmas as my goal line a couple of weeks ago, so this is PERFECT for me. I have a lot more to lose than you, so my goal is a little higher but even if i get close to that goal i will be happy. My motto is, as long as i am going in the right direction, i will get there eventually.

I am calorie counting and exercising 6 days a week. What plan are you on? I have been doing well...until Mother's day anyway and that just kind of threw me off whack. I am back on track now, but i am sure last weekend destroyed any chance of a loss for this Friday's weigh in, so i am really fired up about the coming week and getting back to losing.

Thanks for this challenge.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm on board for christmas!! I INTEND to be 115 by that time. I plan to be that before christmas...but i WILL be 115 by christmas this year.

If i could just stop having birthdays to go to, i'd do okay. I got a party this weekend i'm hosting and we're having chinese foods. And cake!! And then the first week of june is my oldest daughters bday. More cake!! Last weekend was my bf's downstairs neighbors who sent up this plate full of cake...and it was soooo good. Then the week before that was Admin. Assist. day and before that my birthday and before that...another co-workers bday. Good heavens!! And let's dont forget Mothers Day that just came and went. OMG!!! But...I am trying to stay more focused during the week. And working out 4-5 times a week. Going for 50 miles jogged or more if i can...which i'm doing good on since i'm already at 32 miles last night.

okay...sorry if i'm rambling.

MY Christmas goal: 115
Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #4  

Default Count me In!

You can count me in! I'm new to this site - just registered today. We are going on a cruise in November and it's time to get in shape! Must get into a bathing suit and look presentable! At this point, I'd just like to comfortable in my own skin.

My story is pretty much the same as yours. So, here I go again!
I'm starting at 194 and if I can lose 2 lbs./week, that would put me around 130 on Christmas Day. I can use all the support I can get! Thanks ladies!

Also, I wanted to add my weight ticker to my posts. I know I can't add a signature right away as a new user, but can I cut and paste it into my posts? Does the board use html or bbc codes? Thanks!

Last edited by saved; 05-15-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #5  

Hey Saved!!! Welcome aboard. I don't have an answer to your question but wanted to welcome you!! Good luck!! I know you can do it. It is definatly possible to hit your goal. And you have come to the right place to get all the support, encouragement and knowledge you will need to succeed!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #6  

Thanks to all of you for being here with me. Let's do this!
Stacy, I use low carb together with paying attention to fat & calories, so healthy low carb, lots of chicken fish and veggies and when I stick with it, it works great but I've been bingy lately. Stopped that today! I also try to exercise somehow every day, but mix it up a lot, just finished C25K but then hurt my back so haven't run in a couple weeks, going to restart about week 6 I think.

Lumi- hey I've missed you, let's get back on the losing track! I love sweets too, I have to cold turkey to stay away. Can't have just a bite, it's not in my power I guess!

Saved, I am not sure of the answer to your ticker ?? either, but I got mine at the Ticker Factory, you can probably find the answer there!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #7  

Morning all, day one back OP was OK! I need to up my exercise, but, my food choices were good and I did get crunches and a nice walk in.

Saved, where ya cruising too? I love cruises, such a nice relaxing way to vacation!

Getnhealthy- good luck on the WI today. Let us know!

Lumi- I love the 50 miles a month idea. I think I will use that for a goal next month too. We could even keep adding it and increasing and go for 500 miles by Christmas!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #8  

Mmavis...love the idea of 500 miles by christmas!!!! Aw...i've missed you too. I haven't really been posting a whole lot the past 2 months because i had nothing to post really. But I am back now. I did skip the gym last night but intend to go tonight. My legs were bothing me and my knees yesterday. But a day off and now ready to go get my 4 or 5 miles in tonight!!!

I think i did pretty good yesterday eating wise. I might have went over 1200 some, but not too bad. I tried to watch my portion of mashed potatoes and ate alot of turnips. My chicken breast was not so big, so i really tried to fill up on veggies. I think it worked pretty good.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:38 AM   #9  

I agree, I've been trying to post my WEED everyday, but it's hard to stay motivated if you are off track. That's why I was hoping for an "out there" goal like Christmas.

We can make some major changes by then!!

I've been good too for the last couple day!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #10  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hi im new to this forum and i would like to participate in this challenge too. i plan to stay within my cal range except for 1 cheat meal a week and to jog 3 times a week for 2 miles and cross train on at least one of day. also weights 4 times a week.
good luck everyone!

Last edited by Haley8203; 05-18-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #11  

Wlcome Haleygirl! Looks like you've been doing great! We are glad you're here.
Good Luck to you too!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

I am so up for this! Sign me on. That is a real goal to work for and tonight I will decide what to do for my goal I am on my first day, too. I just asked someone about the trackers, and was told that like many things, we need to reach certain goals here (like 30 days or #of posts) because of spammers: so like you, we can hang in there together. I have a bout 75 lbs to lose, but definitely not by Christmas! Have a great evening, and I will keep reading.

Kathy
Old 05-19-2008, 05:59 AM   #13  

Kathy!

We are happy to have you.

I'm really glad to see so many ladies signing up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I need the long term goal, that way when I have off days, and I do sometimes I can see the bigger picture and get back on track.

I can't wait to see how far we can get by Christmas!

Right now, I am shooting to get back to ticker weight by the end of the month, then down from there!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #14  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

MOTHERMAVIS!!! You just made my day!!! Here I've been, stressing about being back up, almost 260 But telling me that it's 32 weeks til Christmas, if I lose TWO pounds a week until then, I would actually be um 258-64= 194...I could be under 200 by then! Makes the journey ahead seem less daunting.

BTW for those new to the challenge threads, MMavis actually has an exercise named after her...she is the CRUNCHES queen, so we challenge ourselves to x number of MMunches (MotherMavis Crunchies) every day. I hope to get in 20 MMunches today, I'm planning to hit the gym twice today. It may sound extreme, but I'll take DD (4) there this morning and go again after supper tonight with DH and DS (8). Like a huge sprint to jump start the new beginning.

I'm excited to be on board! Thanks for starting a long-term committment. Anyone interested in short sprints to keep the motivation going, pop on over to the WEED threads! Can't wait to get to know ya'll!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi gang, I'd like to be with you guys on this journey if you'll have me!

I've been thinking alot about Christmas (all the fall holidays, actually), wanting to feel GOOD and HEALTHY at all the events and family get-togethers that happen that time of year AND wanting a New Years Day where I wasn't feeling miserable about being fat!

I love that this is a long-term thread, so hopefully everyone will stick together for the whole thing -- whether we're having a good day or a bad day (people tend to drift away during bad days, which is EXACTLY when they should be HERE!) let's see it through!
Closed Thread