Old 05-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default SO in love!!

with new capris I bought!! at wally mart, just crappy "Penmans" brand, I tried them on out of desperation because everything else was sooooooooo spandexy and stretchy - these were light denim with a teeeensy tiny bit of stretch, PULL ON no zipper hahah so old lady but they FIT LIKE A DREAM! in a 2x i might add! they're a bit higher in the waist and they're fuller thru the bum and thighs and fit soooooooooooo great if your the type with a smaller waist proportion-wise, they fit so great! AND they aren't tapered at the bottom! nothing worse than looking like an ice cream cone!!! and all for $16 so i bought blue jean, black jean and grey! yay!

had to share

now if i could just find a bra i'm THIS in love with, I'd be laughing!!!

hey I had to edit at the last second -- i have to change my signature photo!!! i don't have that huge chin now!!

Last edited by Trazey34; 05-15-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #2  
FB

Ha! I fall in love with items of clothes too and also have to buy multiple variations. Isn't it wonderful to be in love with new clothes rather than settling just because they fit, regardless of icky colors or a gross cut? Yay!

Like you I've never found a bra I love up. But I'm sometimes a cheapskate and won't spend $75 on one like my friends. I'm terrible and buy cheap ones that wound me with underwire issues.

Laughing at your ice cream cone comment.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I would pay $75 for an AWESOME bra, but I haven't found one I'm fat but don't have HUGE boobs, not small but not enormous either -- and a lot of "plus" sized bras are "minimizers" and i do not want that! i want something to HOIST the gals UP and PUSH them in from the sides to give some wicked cleavage not that i'd show it LOL The one I have is pretty good but I know there's one out there that would be wicked!!! I don't even care if it's pretty at this point LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #4  
FB

Yeah- I like pusher uppers too as I don't have a big chest. I'll even wear padded push-ups, but the cheap ones seem to squeak and creek, which is embarrassing when you're hugging someone.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Yay new clothes! I am in love with the George brand at Wal-Mart, so I know what you mean. What's this? Nice pants I can wear to work that actually fit well for under $20? Awesome!

As for bras, I am really digging the ones I got at Lane Bryant during their annual sale, but according to my sister they don't go small enough for her. She's got a bigger cup size than me, but she's thin so she needs something crazy like a 34DDD. They do have some nice push-up bras at LB, though, so if they carry your size it's worth a look, if you haven't already.

Last edited by thistoo; 05-15-2008 at 11:20 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Those pants are really cute Trazey. I saw them two days ago at Walmart, but they didn't have my size. I hope they get more in!

I went to a bra fitting event recently and tried on some great bras by a company called "Wacoal." They were too expensive for me ($50.00) but great support and so pretty. Lillyette has really good ones too that are quite a bit less and always on sale at Penneys if you have one of those near you. Happy shopping!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

YAY for cute capris!! The ice cream cone comment was hilarious! I didn't know how to describe that look before...but now I will be using that comment!

I recently fell in love with a cute top from Lane Bryant. The best part is that it was on sale for $19.99!! At LB....unheard of! The prices there are ridiculous sometimes! Anyway, its a satin like shirt with a square neck and it has sleeves that go to about my elbow so I can wear a short sleeve shirt and not show my fat arms! See pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lbshirt.jpg (14.0 KB, 14 views)
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGurlyGrlx View Post
I recently fell in love with a cute top from Lane Bryant. The best part is that it was on sale for $19.99!! At LB....unheard of! The prices there are ridiculous sometimes! Anyway, its a satin like shirt with a square neck and it has sleeves that go to about my elbow so I can wear a short sleeve shirt and not show my fat arms! See pic!
I sooooo saw that shirt the other day, and they had it in a gorgeous deep jeweltone purple (my favorite color!), so it caught my attention. That neckline, though, just accentuated how small my boobs are (B cup), so I had to let it go
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #9  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I can totally relate to this topic. I went to Reitman's today and found an adorable pair of capris I fell in love with and just had to have...even though I vowed to not buy any new clothes now that I'm between sizes...but they were on sale! I just couldn't resist.

I love clothes shopping now...I indulge in treats like french fries occasionally, but if I ever feel like going back to my old habit of overeating, I remind myself of how how good it feels to be in a store like Reitman's (where I previously didn't shop because nothing there fit me) and be able to buy a pair of capris in the regular-size section.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #10  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I sooooo saw that shirt the other day, and they had it in a gorgeous deep jeweltone purple (my favorite color!), so it caught my attention. That neckline, though, just accentuated how small my boobs are (B cup), so I had to let it go
Yeah...I have the purple one and the black one! Too bad the neckline didn't work for you. I love it because I do have a big chest and it kind of camouflages it!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Trazey - you gotta go to Lane Bryant for bra's! I make the trip to the USA 2 times a year just for bra's, they just have the best push up bra's. There is nothing like them in Canada - trust me, I've REALLY tried! I also used to sell bra's in plus sizes, and for push ups? They were all such a bad fit, you'd think we'd be able to get some good bra's..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #12  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I have to agree that I love the Lane Bryant bras. I haven't tried the push up bra at LB but I hear that Wonderbra has a new push IN bra (to create better cleavage). I'm definitely going to get one of those... hopefully soon, however the largest they have is a 38C and I'm not quite there yet.

Anywho, congrats on finding some great capris!!!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGurlyGrlx View Post
I LOVE that shirt, but the shiny fabric is not flattering to me, so I didn't get it.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Yay new clothes! I am in love with the George brand at Wal-Mart, so I know what you mean. What's this? Nice pants I can wear to work that actually fit well for under $20? Awesome!.
I love that brand too for pants.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #15  
small goals at a time

S/C/G: 281/276/250 (For now)

Height: 5'10"

LB does make some great bras. Thiere is one in particular that i like that has Molded cups It defines and supports without adding inches. It comes in really pretty colors and is satiny smooth under a t-shirt. If you wait for a coupon and when they are buy 2 get 2 they are a fanastic deal! ( work out to under 20 bucks a pop)

Remember it is all in the fit too.. Did you know that 70% of women wear the wrong size bra? Get a bra fit today! (Can you tell I used to work in women's clothing )
chubbypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote