Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 AM   #1  
kmm

Default Does HCG work?

I've tried very low calorie diets before and been successful losing weight and getting to my goal. BUT, my body fat percentage remained high AND I always gained it back and more. The HCG protocol claims to help you lose the body fat and keep it off. Has anyone tried this?
kmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #2  
it's always something

We've heard horrible things about it. It can be very dangerous and it's illegal since the FDA has banned it for weight loss.

Also, it's used with a 500 calorie diet, so you basically starve the weight off. A study done on it showed that following a 500 cal diet with HCG was no more effective than a 500 calorie without it. It's still just starvation. Also, the weight comes back very quickly when done. That's probably why you've had problems with other very low calorie diets.

A slower and more nutritionally balanced approach is healthy, safe, and long lasting

Please feel free to browse around our forums and check out some of the diets our other members are following with success. Hopefully you can find a good fit for you. Good luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote