Old 05-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Wink Atkins Angels Chat 5/12 - 5/18

A new week!! What are your goals this week? My goal is to start Pilates...wish me luck
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Getting Straight with Pilates

Dear Jersey Girl:

That is totally GREAT! that you are starting PIlates this week. I have been doing two 1.5 hour sessions every week for the last 14 months, and I have to say that I stand taller, have no back pain at all, have stronger lower abdominals than I would have ever thought possible, and well basically, I am
an absolute convert to it. Just be sure that you get your instructor to correct you all the time... are you doing mat classes? or doing classes in a studio where they get you on the pilates machines? One thing about PIlates is that it gets harder as you get better at it. I work much harder now and its because it is all about getting the technique right.. It won't substitute for aerobic exercise, but, for example, having done it for a year, I started using the rowing machines at my gym and I can do it well because of all the strength I have built up in my lower abs...

Anyway, have a great time with it....
Over here, its Induction day 1 again. Have had smoked salmon, crayfish, avocado, and a fistful of lettuce -- feeling very fishy...

FAY __ congrats on the weight loss!!! well-done!!!!

I am still resting on my Laurels from Friday's talk at TATE BRITAIN... but am going to turn to writing it up in a day or two for the Tate's On-line WOrking Papers series.

Love to all, Ruby J.
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Ruby, I'm going to be doing Leslie Sansone's "You Can Do Pilates". I'm a Leslie Sansone junkie I swear by her Walk Away The Pounds dvd's...and have many of them...some with kickboxing moves, jogging, several that incorporate resistance bands & light weights and a "stretchie band" for toning. The beauty of them are, you can do them whenever you like in the privacy of your own home

I also bought The Firm Total Body Transfirmation...4 dvd's & light weights. I haven't attempted it yet. I've watched the dvd's and think I will have to become a bit more coordinated before attempting that program.

to you for getting back on Induction. It can be difficult at first but, so worth it!! You CAN do this!!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

My goal for the week is to GET A GRIP auddie! Yesyesyes - doing what I've always done has got me going where I've always gone . . . did that make sense?

You know what I mean!

Plan on reaching Grip-Mode today!

Induction - Day 1 - Thy name is AUD!

Didja try the Pilates jg?

How's your Induction going rube?

Has anyone heard from sylvia?????? or sherry?

Grrrrrrrr - THE TWO DAVID'S for the AI finale . . . I WAS really turned off by syesha's Dad tho' - he had to take HER moment and make it all about him! Love me some of my MO boy . . . Archuleta just makes my skin crawl jg! I thought syesha really tried harder to "change it up" - Archuleta is just the same thing/style ovah andovah and ovah . . .

Gotta quit stalling - I'm out the door with doggie - doing a lil thing my bod won't remember called: EXERCISE!

ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Angels. I hope everyone is doing great.

I think you will really like pilates, JG. Even though I could never do all the moves the right way, I still liked it.

I missed you all but we had just a busy schedule these past two weeks [two science projects, reports, and extra studies for the state exams] and other issues of mine, that I just couldn't get here to post. I have a two day camping trip this weekend with the cub scouts, but I will try to post again by Sunday night. My sister and DH both thought that I do much better when I am visiting and posting here regularly. It's probably that whole accountability thing.

I am making a new thread to discuss what has been happening with me the past 3 weeks: the scale, the food, and everything else.

Have a wonderful day, Angels!

Last edited by sylvia78; 05-15-2008 at 12:03 PM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Hiya Auddie!!

on Day 1 Induction! You CAN do this!!!

Well...regretably, no, I haven't started Pilates yet. Its been one of those weeks here...the latest being, the water in my town could possibly be contaminated with E Coli (which, incidentally I learned after I had 4 glasses of water that morning!) So...I've got to boil water before I can drink it, cook with it or brush my teeth with it. Its lots of fun! NOT!!!The town is supposedly "working on it"....so...hopefully it will be over soon Today is my late day at work and I'm really looking forward to just coming home & relaxing!

So...its now between Archie & David Cook. Ohhhh I am praying real hard David Cook wins because I truly believe he deserves to...but...I'm afraid I have my doubts. Those little teeny bopper girls will be dialing their fingers off voting for Archie! Don't get me wrong, he's a cute kid...but...he's not idol material. But...the bright side is, even if David Cook doesn't win...he'll do just fine!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-15-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

back Sylvia!!

Been wondering where you've been! Sounds like you've got a busy schedule which I completely understand! Its been crazy here too!

Its nice to have you back!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #8  

Thanks, JG. I am so glad to be back. I really think my spirits were lifted just by making that quick little post.

I've been watching Idol this season, too. I really have nothing against the kid. He has a great voice but...he just has no personality. I always feel like he's memorized the words to the song but he doesn't know a thing about it's meaning. And I am talking about the meaning to any of the songs he has performed. He's just singing the words, on key, at the right time. My DH says that Cook is just natural on stage, he is just so comfortable performing. I think Syiesha [sp?] needs to be on Broadway. Some people are just natural to the theatre [can you hear my British accent] like Nathan Lane. And her dad looks like the father of a friend of my kids. It was spooky looking at him.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

'Morning Angels!

I rocked Day One of Induction and woke up feeling so good that I think I'll do 'er again!

Looked over the Craving an Apple Thread - I DO crave different things (never an apple) - but things like oatmeal - which I'm not a big lover of. Weird.

Not sure which Thread it was in sylvia - you were talking about "seasonal eating" . . . THAT, my dear girl, is one of my long term goals (along with intuitive eating.)

AI Note: I wasn't a syesha-fan - BUT - she really grew on me even tho' I'm not a fan of that style music. I just really felt like she improved and did everything the judges suggested ("Have fun with it" "try different styles/songs" "dance with less inhibitions") . . . I think syesha did ALL of those things in the last few weeks while Archuleta has NEVER changed it up in anyway shape or form - sounds the same - looks the same - no matter what he sings. Can't dance.

I don't think syesh was the AI . . . (DC all the way on that!) BUT if it's truly based on "talent" - she got ripped off. (Kind of like the old feminist Poster of Ginger Rogers dancing with Fred Astaire remember? The caption said something like: "Ginger Rogers: Danced just as good as Fred - despite havingto do it in high heels and dancing backwards!"
Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Ohhhh Auddie...don't go gettin me started on who's been ripped off on Idol due to "talent" Ummm...can we say Bo Bice...Chris Daughtry..Jennifer Hudson. Dear Lord in Heaven, did you see Fantasia?? Now there is a perfect example of Idol I just do not understand!! Like I said, I'm praying Cook wins but...I won't be surprised if David A. walks away with it.

Well...the town is still under the boil water advisory for the 3rd day in a row. Let me tell ya, this is getting real old real quick!

TGIF!! Our Pens lost last nite in Philly but...they're back in Pittsburgh Sunday nite to kick some serious butt!!! GO PENS!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-16-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #11  

JG, you're probabaly better off boiling your water anyhow. But to have to use it for brushing your teeth is a bit over the top. I grew up in a household in Chicago where we only drank boiled water, never anything straight from the faucet. Chicago actually has some of the best water for a big city. But here in L.A., I really don't trust the water, at all.

Aud and RubyJan, way to go on induction. Just stick with it.

I really don't know what to say about AI. I don't think DA has had enough life experiences to sing with any conviction. I've been telling my DH that DA is a pod-person and somewhere out there is a pod with the real DA and all his emotions trapped inside. And I know that DC is not an "undiscovered" talent. It all seemed sort of rigged to me. I don't know what to think. I thought Fantasia's performance was out there. It was more of a concert performance rather than AI stage performance. She probably should have toned it down just a tad for the stage. Hey, but the girl can sing. No one can deny that. The girl can sing.

Last edited by sylvia78; 05-16-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #12  
Larry's Angel

the water problem is over!!! Seems the problem was isolated to a specific tap. So, we are free of E-Coli!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

E Coli is just terrifying jg - not sure if you remember me posting about a friend of mine who died this year from it - head nurse - fit as a fiddle - they never did source it.

scary scary stuff . . . didn't want to say anything when you said you'd drank 4 cups of it but I was worried sick! Glad that's done with!

Heard about a LOT of ripoffs on AI - I haven't watched since Season 1 so guess I'm getting ready for a real eye opening MELTDOWN if Creepy Archuleta wins!

I need to thank my Blessings too . . . I always feel FAB the minute I start Induction - have read so many with side effects . . . kind of makes it even more ridiculous that I keep sliding away from what is so healthy for me!

Day 2 w/o a Hitch . . .
Old 05-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

Forgot to say how good it is to have you back sylvia . . . wondering where puncie is now?

Also forgot to say that Fantasia left me bewildered . . . not really her - maybe just a goofy song?

I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaat was that about?"
Old 05-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Overslept dangit . . . had so much I wanted to do - got word in the Wee Hours that there is a tentative agreement on the strike so kicking it back into high gear to wrap up all the projects I've started . . .

Stopping by our new Farmers Market on the way to pick up a car for DD21Molly that my Big Bro is giving us in exchange for my dh doing some work for him . . . determined not to forget my veggies this time around.

Beautiful Saturday here in MO . . . hope all the Angels have a Great Day!