Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #1  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Default Curse you, McDonald's iced coffees!

So I had given up my coffee and sweetener habits only to be lured back into them by these iced coffees! I love the SF vanilla, but I haven't tried the others. I still have real-sugar-phobia. For some reason the Starbucks ones just don't do it for me... I get these with no ice (yeah, strange I know but the ice is what waters it down and makes it taste blah) add my flavored stevia, pop it in the freezer for a bit and then....heaven! Having all this coffee from them inspired me to make my own iced coffees too. I can make the coffee much stronger and add less creamer. But on the go, these can't be beat in my book. Am I the only one liking these?
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

If you are talking about liking iced coffee in general, you definitely aren't alone. I love Venti Iced Coffee with cream, unsweetened, from Starbucks. I have had a couple from McDonald's. I just know if I go there, I may order an ice cream cone to compliment my iced coffee. When I was pregnant, I would have about five a week.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

I love Starbuck's skinny frappucinos...

And Timmy's ice caps, made with white milk instead of cream...

I haven't tried McDonald's iced coffee. I don't think I will. I didn't like the iced coffee that I tried at Starbucks once. I didn't mean to order it...I just couldn't speak the 'Starbucks lingo' at that time, and ordered wrong
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #4  
diamondgeog

One thing my wife does is just get a venti regular coffee from Starbucks and then asks for a cup of ice. Better bang for the buck. At least at our Starbucks I do not believe they charge for ice.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #5  
Captain Obvious

That is a great idea, Diamond. I think I will try that since Starbucks is really close to my work. I can walk there and burn enough calories to justify my drink Most people I talk to either love or hate the McDonalds ones. I think I am on the fence now that I'm making my own.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, I love them... definite problem food for me, haha. I'm tempted just about every time I drive past a McDonalds. The Dunkin' Donuts ones (with cream and sugar -- I hate hearing those words, lol) are just as good. Tim Hortons iced coffee isn't bad, but just not the same. And I'd rather drink motor oil than anything containing Starbucks' brewed coffee.

I've started making coffee and keeping it in the refrigerator, so I can just mix some coffee and milk and pretend it's something fancy, lol. It's not nearly as good as with cream, but it's so much healthier, and it's perfect when it's too warm in the morning to drink my usual hot coffee.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #7  
I like to move it,move it

S/C/G: 330/275/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh yes, I do love the McDonalds iced coffees! I will have to start trying to make some at home with skim milk.
November2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #8  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

YUMM Tim Hortons Iced Caps made with 2% (wish they would get skim!) But i have heart problems so Caffeine+ME=Bad things, so i usually dont have the opttion for the extra cals and sugar unless i want to pass out
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #9  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I am ADDICTED to Burger King's BK Iced Mocha Joe coffee!!!!!! They are so so so good and so high in points for just a coffee! These are one of my treats for being good!! I also love DD's caramel iced coffee made w/skim milk! So yummy! I wish I knew how to make my own!! If anyone has any good recipies can ya post them somewhere so I can try?!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Let's see: I hate McDonald's coffee... not a fan of their iced either... I'll drink it if I have to kinda thing
Dunkin' donuts: okay, their coffee is a bit on the weaker side to me.. but better than McDonalds..
Tim Hortons: Love their coffee, love the Iced Coffee... Before they came out with it I used to get a medium coffee and ask for a large fountain drink cup with ice and then add cream and splenda.. YUM!!!
Starbucks: Not a huge fan of their reg. coffee... I will do the iced, I like the taste better than the regular hot coffee there...
Around we have Spot: Same as Starbucks, more local and a bit cheaper and they don't add as much sugar in their drinks I've found.. I LOVE THEIR COFFEE!!! Its a very smooth taste and the iced is just as good. although lately because they have some really good teas, I'll get iced tea instead!! LOL

Otherwise: I've always enjoy Iced Coffee. Especially during the summer time MMMM... I have a french press that makes nice strong coffee over ice with some splenda and cream (fat free if I'm being good) its perfect!!!

So here's a question: When drinking Iced tea do you add cream?
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #11  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I drink iced tea with nothing added, except perhaps a slice of lemon. But no sweetener and no milk products. I'm from the south and while I've seen some seriously sweetened tea, I don't think I've ever seen anyone put milk or cream in iced tea.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #12  
Captain Obvious

Still on my iced coffee kick. I use real cream in that, but not in my iced teas.. I always thought that odd. My sister swears by iced tea with cream or milk... I never took to it. Most of the iced teas I drink are not bitter and I associate bitter/strong things as tasting good with cream, but maybe that is just me!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #13  

Oooh... iced coffee... my diet downfall. Hahaha!

I've tried putting milk in my iced tea. The taste grew on me and I'm beginning to like it. And now I'm thinking... won't that be my diet downfall too? LOL
jeannie117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

LOL... I was curious, I put milk or cream in iced tea, with a little bit of splenda.. and mmm.. I love it!! I don't know why, and a lot of people find it strange. But my thing is that a lot of people put milk or cream in hot tea, why not iced tea? So I tried it, it is yummy!!!
But Iced coffee and iced tea are my favorite summer time drinks!!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 172/150.8/130

Height: 5'3

Definitely addicted to McDonald's Iced Coffee. I used to have one every day. Now I make an iced coffee at home and have a McDonald's iced coffee a few times a week. They are so good and sweet it's like a dessert for me!
I used to be a fan of Starbuck's iced white mocha but I can't justify going there and paying twice the price when I can get a delicious iced coffee from McD's.
diamondinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote