Old 05-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Weekly Chat 5/12 - 5/18

I'm suprised it's Monday night and no weekly chat. Guess everyone is really busy.

I had a good weekend, went to the downtown hoe down. It was fun but very crowded and I drank too much on Friday night. I also ended up splitting an order of potato chip nachos with my sister on friday (which was good because it probable saved me from the drinking causing me to pass out) and on Saturday I had had half an elephant ear which ws also really bad. But I did make a point both on Saturday and Sunday to hit the gym and bike. Which is a good work out.

Otherwise another week more work, I'm getting excited about going to NYC on Sunday, I bought a bunch of snacks to take in my luggage to help me stay on track plus I also plan on getting extra fruit in the morning to snack on.

How is everyone else? Any exciting weekends?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #2  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

OK- you had me googling elephant ears!! I had no idea what you were talking about!! It sounds very good though...hehehe. Guess I don't get out much. I haven't been to a fair in a long time.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #3  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Remember, I was thinking about going to the downtown hoe down, too, but ended up not doing it because of my DD. I didn't have anyone to watch her and I didn't really want to take her down there to a crowd.

Nothing special over the weekend, other than buying ticket to visit my family in Korea in October, which I cannot wait..as it's been over 4 years! =D

I went out to eat with my friend on Saturday..and we were able to talk about weight loss..She's 5 ft and used to weight 190lbs and lost weight, even got eating disorder and ended up at 80lbs. She worked out at least 2 hrs daily, ate big breakfast, little lunch, and no dinner. Then when she hit her goal of 100, she kept going because she was addicted to it now. By then, she said, she ate small breakfast and nothing for the rest of the day...and ended up at eating disorder. She then got better and now doesn't have eating disorder. Her husband got her upto 120lbs, which is still normal weight for her, and she lost by walking again and currently is at 100 lbs. Although I want to lose weight, I don't want to be like that...and it was very nice seeing her eating veggie pizza and fries, knowing what she went through. She did have very small portion, though.

Anyways... I got some eggplants on Saturday to cook eggplant lasagna. We will see how that goes...especially since it's my very first time making lasagna.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I had a good weekend too....
the weekends are always better than the working week for me....
i spent the friday night and saturday at my boyfriends house....
with his mum n lil brother and sister....
was nice as i dont do it very often....
came home, exercised like crazy and lazed around for a good while....

i have another interview today....
touch wood!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #5  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

good luck loopy!!!

I am down 0.4 today... cant moan! Ive been for physio this morning. i swear the woman is a genius... my back is now pain free... she gave me some new exercises which work my glutes and hips but they get rid of the back pain... how odd!

Im writing papers for uni today.. i have 2 to do today.. thats my goal!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #6  
Gonna be hot hot hot!

S/C/G: 141/TBA/105

Height: 4'11"

Today is my second day of "Fresh Fruits and Veggies Week". I decided to do it because it helps me stay on track for the long term. I sorta feel like I'm cleansing my body from the months and months of Taco Bell and McD's. I'd like to do it every 2 months or so. I dunno, it helps me though!

...That is, if I can stay with it! I feel really good, but I have a mild allergy to many fruits and veggies and so my throat and ears have been so irritated! Blah. Sometimes I notice the allergies lessen a little when I get into better shape. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, I ordered the Pink Patch yesterday. I saw it in the UK forum thread and thought I should just give the free trial a wirl. I don't really believe in diet drugs, but, meh, who cares? Even if it's a placebo effect, that's ok with me!

Only been at work an hour and I'm already super bored....haha.

Good luck PrettyPaula on your papers!
BellyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

thankyou... its not going so well... the first one i am still researching for and it is half 3 in the afternoon here!!

its taking much more work than i thought.. i could just fudge it a bit and get a pass but the research is invaluable for my exams.

GRRR!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I haven't really been posting the past few weeks because i'm a slacker. But, i'm down to 157.6, only 3 lbs away from the normal weight range!! I've never been in the normal weight range in my entire adult life...lowest i got was 155.5 before i started gaining again, so i'm super excited.
It was a crazy weekend. My ex-boyfriend told me that he's totally in love with me. I live pretty far from him rihgt now but i'll be moving ten minutes away from him in july for medical school. I have a lot of decisions to make.
My trip in july to vegas and california is totally planned with my weight loss buddy to celebrate. That means by June 30th i have to be at or under my goal of 146. 11 lbs to go.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies....I'm really needing some support here....

I weighed in at the gym today....and I'm up 6 POUNDS from last week. WHAT??!? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!! I don't know what to do, I'm so so so upset. I've been trying to be good but have been a little bingey in the past week, but I can't imagine that I've been 6 POUNDS WORTH OF BINGEY!!!

What is going on?!?!?!!? I've gained back almost HALF the weight I've lost!! I feel so helpless and like such a failure.......
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

dont feel like a failure....
just work hard....
stay positive....
act positive...
n ul do positively....

on a side note i was ill half way thru ,my exercise today....
i dunt knoow if ive been silly or not, but i waited til i felt a lil better and finished it off....
a nite of rest for me now i thinks....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
Hey ladies....I'm really needing some support here....

I weighed in at the gym today....and I'm up 6 POUNDS from last week. WHAT??!? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!! I don't know what to do, I'm so so so upset. I've been trying to be good but have been a little bingey in the past week, but I can't imagine that I've been 6 POUNDS WORTH OF BINGEY!!!

What is going on?!?!?!!? I've gained back almost HALF the weight I've lost!! I feel so helpless and like such a failure.......
i'm sure a lot of it is water weight, that always happens after a binge. try to drink a lot of water and eat mostly whole, natural foods for the next few days and i think a lot of it will melt off.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Normal day today. I donated blood today which was good, my iron was just above the minimum which is good because I’m always afraid it is below. I’ve been a little light headed since then so I’m just going to relax for the rest of the night, I have a new book I’m looking to start.

Anyone reading anything good? I have free time now and am looking for good books.

Gurl – They are not as good as I remembered them but still very good and very bad for you. At least I only had half of one.

Tara – Probable a good decision to skip with your kids because it is crowded and you have a ton of dumb drunk people. We talked about it when we were there and all said it was a bad place to take kids. Let me know how the eggplant lasagna turns out I have been thinking about making it.

Loopy – Good luck at the interview.

Paula – Good job on being down and good luck with the papers, that is a pain when you have more then one at a time.

Bellyup – I’ve never heard of allergies getting better with weight loss. You should get tested for what you are allergic to because repeated exposure can cause allergies to get worse.

NutritionJunkie – I would love to be at a normal weight even if it is the high end of it.

Arts – It’s probable not all weight, is TOM here? Did you have a salty meal like Chinese? Have you been getting enough water? Did you weight in with the same amount of clothing as last time. I can be up like 5 pounds one day because of what is going on.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

thanks for the help, ladies...now that I think of it, I was on a movie set yesterday for WAY over 12 hours, and definitely didn't drink enough water. And the food they provided the actors was RIDICULOUSLY salty, so hopefully that's a large part of it...but I'm still a little nervous.

Thanks for calming me down :-)
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #14  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

The eggplant lasagna turned out very good. You really couldn't tell that there were no noodles. Even my 2.5 year old daughter was eating it...At one moment, she picked eggplnt with just sauce... and I was like "Please eat it, eat it, eat it.." and she "studied" it for little bit and put it in her mouth. No problemo.

I did my first C25K today. I took my i-can't-remember-the-last-time-i-charged iPod and downloaded podcast for C25K so I won't have to try to time while walking/running... Time went by rather quick. The weather was BEAUTIFUL here in Detroit area with little bit of wind. So that was great. It really made me feel good because I hate, hate, I mean I HATE running. Treadmill is the LAST machine I would get on at a gym if I had ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICE...Today, the time went by rather quick and I am already looking forward to the next time.

My thighs are quite sore, though..because after the run, I cooked, and then decided to do Cardio Overdrive DVD workout, instead of letting the legs rest and do some strength. I didn't think much of it because I have workout calendar and today was Cardio Overdrive according to the calendar. Well...I will be doing some strength workout tomorrow and try to let them rest, I guess. So when you work out, how do you do it? i mean... cardio, strength, stretching(yoga, pilates..).. any specific order you mix them with? (Hope I am making sense here. )
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #15  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hey, I gave blood today, too, Remember. The woman who was filling out my info told me she knew I wouldn't be eligible to donate double red cells, because she was sure I wasn't 175 pounds. That was nice to hear, although you also have to be 5'5", which I am not. It felt pretty good telling them my weight, instead of awkward, like it used to be.

Tara, I had no idea there was a C25K podcast! That's so great, I'm downloading it right now. I was just thinking I should make a mix like that so that I knew when to switch between running and walking, but now I don't have to! Thanks
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote