Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile Accountability/menus/planning - week of May 12 - May 18. . .

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  

Hi chickala's! Yesterday was a nice day. DH had to be out of town, but, I had dinner with my mom at her favorite chinese restaurant. I ate 4 of the 6 steamed dumplings I ordered. They were delicious - and I am glad that I was able to leave some on my plate. I am grateful that I had a good day with food yesterday. Also, my son called - so that was wonderful.

Last night I was dreaming about eating pizza and a hot fudge sundae! Actually, I've been craving them. Isn't that funny!

I need to take Mom to the doctor today. Will clean up my office and do paperwork. DH will be home this afternoon.

stretches
heat/ice
log food
meditation
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - tuna sandwich with lite mayo, veggies
snack - orange, crackers
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I hope you all have GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-12-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I ate off plan yesterday and stayed up too late last night watching Survivor and the aftershow. I'm dragging today! I have my cup of java nearby and I'm gearing up to start my work week. We are having company for the next two weekends and I need to get my house in order. Also, we are finally getting some window shades up on the first floor so I have a lot to take care of this week. We need to block that sun and save our electric bill! No matter busy I may get, I'm determined to walk each evening. The walking is helping the scale to smile for me. I'm now at a solid 40 pounds lost.

I'll check back in again later. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #4  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, Rhonda and Beverly and everyone else who will be checking in soon!

Woohoo for 40 pounds lost!!!! =D Rhonda, wow. Sounds like a very busy week, too. =/

Beverly, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you for reaching Onederland.

I'm checking in early to force myself to eat properly today. It's so hard to get back on track. I am down to 268, which is kind of good. Just goes to show how many calories I'd really have to eat to gain weight. Which is really, really scary. I'm glad I haven't gotten back to that point, at least.

Anyway, no exercise today because I'm sunburned, badly. I don't think I'll even be able to put on a shirt today. Oy!

Hope everyone is doing well.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Go Rhonda! go Rhonda!! 40 lbs gone whoohoo!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Woo hoo Rhonda! Doesn't that feel great?
Here's my today:
B: devilled eggs, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee with milk
L: turkey meatloaf over salad greens, tomato soup, 5 reduced fat triscuits
S: latte, orange
D: Four bean and turkey sausage hot dish, salad, veggie
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

Be back to visit in a bit. Just wanted to get my food down before the day is half over!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #7  

Beverly, glad you had a nice mother's day! You asked about the chocolate cheesecake smoothie, so here's the recipe. It's very good and makes a quick high-protein breakfast, or a yummy snack or dessert.
Blend 1 cup lowfat or skim milk, 1 envelope NSA hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese, and 5 ice cubes.
Rhonda, good job keeping up with the walking. What did you think about the Survivor finale? I really enjoyed the season, was not rooting for the person that won, but wow, what a crazy ride!
bigtx, take care of that sunburn and next time remember your sunscreen. At least I hope you had a good time getting it! Good job getting back on plan.
Trazey!

Busy busy worker bee here today! Aside from work, DD had a doctor's appt. this morning, and I've got a dental appt this afternoon. I've got dinner in the crockpot at least, and I stayed up too late last night too Rhonda, so I plan to hit the hay early tonight!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
[B]What did you think about the Survivor finale?
I was routing for Amanda, then Cirie and then Parvati. Amanda plays a great game, but she just doesn't handle the jury questions very well. But, love the romance going on between Ozzy and Amanda. Boy, he sure surprised me at the jury! I didn't see that coming...thought it was all game on his part.

Momma - So glad to see you back with us! I was planning on PM'ing you today if we didn't see hear from you.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-12-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I thought I posted this am, but I guess not....sorry! We are purging files at work (ICK!!!), so I am not at my computer. I'll catch up w/ everyone soon.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

On plan today but at high end, ~1600 cal, 28g fiber, water.

Work's still busy, but not insane. DH is now out of town, so I'm doing the single-parent routine again. Sheeesh, I'm tired.

Hope the week goes well for everyone--stay on plan!

Last edited by Darkblue; 05-13-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #11  

Hi chickies! Yesterday was on plan - I am grateful.

I have to go to the dentist today. Office work.

DH has got the week off. YAY

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, 1/2 banana, toast with npnb
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, veggie
dinner - grilled chicken breast (lemon pepper marinade), salad, corn
snack - cereal, fruit, flax skim milk

Dark Blue - YAY, being on plan is great. Parenting alone is hard work...hang in there.

Mj5 - hope your busy day went well.

Schmoodle - thanks so much for the recipe. I will definately make this. I like using the crockpot, too.

Bgtxmamma- Take care of that sunburn...ouch! So glad you are doing well with your weight. Plan for a healthy day and carry on! You CAN do this.

Rhonda - YAY!!! 40 pounds down forever. Yes, we love that smiling scale. Good job on the walking.

Hi Trazey!

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-13-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends.

Confession time...Hubby and I went shopping last night and decided to have an impromptu dinner. I didn't stay on-plan at all. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of paying for an on-plan meal at a restaurant. Restaurants have always been for splurging and enjoying great food. The on-plan food is just not that great at restaurants. No excuses...I messed up. But, I'm back on-plan today. I haven't been walking since Friday and my knee is hurting today. I'm hoping that it feels better by this afternoon so I can walk again. The walking helps the scales to keep smiling.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check in again later.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #13  

Good morning chicks! Looks like we are in for a couple of nice days of weather here! Busy day today, work, work, work, then lots of kid stuff going on tonight.
Here's my plan:
B: deviled egg, Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter
S: Tomato soup, string cheese
L: meatloaf over salad, sugar free jello
S: latte, orange
D: 4 bean and turkey kielbasa hot dish, veggies and salad
S: yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

lol, mj, I thought you typed purging FLIES at first. I pictured you fighting an infestation at work.
Rhonda, I have the same attitude about dining out, and impromptu makes it harder. If I know in advance, I can check the menu and plan ahead what I'm having without reading the other stuff and being tempted. Last night DH took us to the Chinese buffet. I hate going there because it's so hard to stay on plan, but the fam loves it. Anyway, I just had a bowl of soup, green beans, and a little teriyaki chicken. A waste of $13, if you ask me. I'm always tempted to eat a lot to get my $$ worth you know, that's why I hate buffets!
Hi darkblue, hope DH is home soon!

Have a great sunny day all!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #14  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Our files are done!!!! Well, at least the purging part that I have to help w/. Now we just go back through and audit our own files to make sure everything is filed where it needs to be. We do this all along, but it's nice to have another look at things.

I have been doing ok eating on plan. Exercise has been pretty good too. Now that this file business is done, I will be back and get caught up w/ everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #15  

Hi chickies - yesterday went fairly well. However, I did eat about 500 extra calories. I'll plan for a healthy day today and carry on.

Today I have errands to run and office work to do. I need to take my mom to a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

the usual things...water, log food, stretches, etc.

breakfast - egg white scramble, toast with npnb, strawberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, carrots
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - sloppy joes, lite bread, green beans
snack - oatmeal, fruit, flax, skim milk

MJ5 - so glad your files are done!! And - hooray for staying with your plan and even getting in some exericse.

Schmoodle - great plan! Hope you had a good day.

Rhonda - you take care of that knee! Don't worry about one day off your plan. Life happens - plan for a good day and carry on. You CAN do this!!

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-14-2008 at 08:41 AM.